It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare is a joke.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: DBCowboy

All politicians should be required by law to use the same Healthcare system as everyone else. Especially since they're the ones force feeding it to everyone else in the country.

Such a bill requiring this would never make it out of committee.

You do realize that members of Congress currently have to purchase their insurance on the exchange, Right?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Also, people should be free to bitch-slap the morons whenever they (the politicians) are out in public.

Ahh man...

I love that

If only.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The solution is to keep Obamacare as is and probably work to fix it instead of trying to replace it, but that would require admitting that Obama did something correct. So I doubt that will happen anytime soon.
edit on 24-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Repubs-dems different side of the same coin.

They work for the medical co's and pharma co's. Bush gave away bargaining with medicare, Obama gave away bargaining with Obama care.

Trump we will see.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Yep, I wish it would just go back to the way it was before Obamacare at a minimum.

That ship has sailed. Even Trumpcare, which is really Obamacare lite, will be reducing national insurance levels to levels WAY less than even before Obamacare when into effect, and that's saying nothing about the huge price increases expected for health insurance. So fully repealing Obamacare will only make that situation worse.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Occam's Razor.

Republicans want Obamacare.

I so hate every politician now. Really. They are all liars.

Probably giving Republicans too much credit, but if Obamacare stays the law they can always have something to blame and tell everyone how terrible it is for eternity. Oh we tried, but Obamacare was too entrenched and difficult to remove. So your stuck with this garbage.

If they pass their own healthcare law then they'll be the ones on the hot seat.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I think it's time for them to realize they need to go get a real job and let some others with ideas instead of full diapers make the decisions.

Why? they keep getting elected from the same bucket of scum.Its not like congress hasn't had the lowest rating , well since forever.

The issue is that individual republicans and democrats have their heads up their @rse and would rather blame each other ,than actually work with each other and fix things. Nothing is more important to the majority of Americans who are political cheerleaders than to sit back and say I told you so , blame the other team, or watch the other party fail even at the expense of bringing down our gov't.

The reason why healthcare is a mess and just about every govt program despite which party has their hands on it ,is simple.

You are trying to fix something that was created by the lobbyist with lobbyist funded politicians in a system that is profiting the same lobbyist. The system isn't broken for them its only broken for us , why would you expect them to fix it? Its working perfectly just the way THEY implemented it.

You want to fix healthcare than you have take care of the number 1 issue that effects every issue including healthcare, but gets sidelined by the MSM, debates, both parties, individual americans, and even here at ATS: Corruption and special interest.

Until the following things (which both party can agree on) become the primary focus where politicians are held to the fire and become relevant, you wont fix squat including healthcare.

1. congressional term limits

2. campaign financing reform.

3. Lobbying reform and separation between special interest and politicians.

4. doing away with super-pacs

5. Revolving door between gov't and private sector

6. Transparency

edit on 03331America/ChicagoFri, 24 Mar 2017 09:03:59 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
the only viable solution is for the government to decriminalize cannabis so the States can create billion dollar, small business cottage industries based on it and use the taxes derived from legal cannabis to bankroll State controlled insurance exchanges bankrolled by the massive tax income brought in by State legal cannabis. Cannabis could almost single handedly pay for some States to have FREE or nearly free health care for everyone. I realize this is a radical departure from our "free market" capitalist system, but since that system hasnt worked AT ALL for the entire history of our country i think its time to try something new.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

If you think Americans will forgive the Republicans failing to do what they've been yelling they would do for 7 years straight when they had control of the government then you are optimistically naive.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Rushing a piece of legislation that has a major impact on the majority of Americans clearly shows Trump does not relate to the majority of Americans. This healthcare legislation should be picked apart on the floor of the house and any part that can't be agreed upon should be placed on the ballot for the citizens of this country to decide.

We talk about lobbyists bribing our representatives, here we have a president that is threatening GOP representatives. If they don't vote for this bill they're going to lose their job come election time! Congress is set-up to debate legislation and to come to an agreement that best addresses a problem and benefits it's citizens. Trump tells congress negotiating is over and if they don't pass this healthcare bill he's moving on and we're stuck with Obama Care. Really? This is how we want our government to operate? Do we really want a president to have the final word on something this important that affects millions of Americans?

Sure sounds like a dictatorship to me!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

There IS a solution...it is not that difficult to fix the ACA to make it more fair for everyone, though it would still feel terrible to hard-liners like the Freedom Caucus and like "not enough" to the people who want single payer.

But the truth is, from here on out, the Republicans have the entirety of the health care issue directly on their shoulders for a change. It is easy to complain about a bill, but much harder to come up with one that functions in the complexity of the healthcare landscape (i.e. hospitals, doctors, pharma, etc.)

Anyway. Solutions could be had if they didn't have hack Ryan at the helm...

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

All politicians should be required by law to use the same Healthcare system as everyone else. Especially since they're the ones force feeding it to everyone else in the country.

Such a bill requiring this would never make it out of committee.

You do realize that members of Congress currently have to purchase their insurance on the exchange, Right?

It's been a while but I believe they had a choice to stick with the Congressional policy or go on an exchange.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The solution is to keep Obamacare as is and probably work to fix it instead of trying to replace it, but that would require admitting that Obama did something correct. So I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

They need to cut "part-time" hours from 30 back to 20 so it will be too costly not to give someone healthcare. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
the only viable solution is for the government to decriminalize cannabis so the States can create billion dollar, small business cottage industries based on it and use the taxes derived from legal cannabis to bankroll State controlled insurance exchanges bankrolled by the massive tax income brought in by State legal cannabis. Cannabis could almost single handedly pay for some States to have FREE or nearly free health care for everyone. I realize this is a radical departure from our "free market" capitalist system, but since that system hasnt worked AT ALL for the entire history of our country i think its time to try something new.

Also, it will save trillions of dollars from the Industrial Prison Complex.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

There IS a solution...it is not that difficult to fix the ACA to make it more fair for everyone, though it would still feel terrible to hard-liners like the Freedom Caucus and like "not enough" to the people who want single payer.

But the truth is, from here on out, the Republicans have the entirety of the health care issue directly on their shoulders for a change.

In my entire life I have never heard Republicans take responsibility for anything. The Democrats are ALWAYS to blame for EVERYTHING that is bad in this country. It's doesn't matter if all the liberals have been vanquished from government. By giving a HUGE amount of power to the Democrats in the minority by keeping 60 vote rule in the Senate the Republicans now have the Democrats to blame in the next election cycle.

Just so you know, Republicans controlled all three branches of government form 2002 through 2008. I thought they would have passed a bill making abortion illegal. But it just goes to show you Republicans are just as bad as Democrats.

edit on 24-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

If the Town Halls the Republicans actively dodged and avoided are anything to go by, then the "blame Democrat" game will only work within DC. Their constituents aren't buying it anymore.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Anyone that thinks a "for profit" medical system is going to favor the American working man is a special kind of stupid.

Trump knew this going in....I can't believe how so many people were sucked in by his campaign rhetoric.

edit on 24-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Our leaders we elected to pass and write bills just like this don't seem to be up to the task. I think it's time for them to realize
they need to go get a real job and let some others with ideas instead of full diapers make the decisions.

The problems of this country are not rocket science. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. The people paying the lobbyists have representation in this government. Common blokes like you and me have no voice. Money talks, everything we post is BS.

I agree with this.

My first step to fixing our F#d government would be TERM LIMITS!!!!

The first, second and third priority of these CAREER politicians is reelection, which requires kissing the ass of lobbyists (aka. Corporations)

This is why nothing of substance EVER gets done, these scum are more worried about themselves then actually working for 'We, the People'.

Get a fresh crop in Washington every 2 years for us peasants.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I very disappointed in the Republicans. They are allowing the cronyist to mess things up. We have no leadership with a spine in Congress/Senate. Far too many are worried about their seats instead of doing the right thing. The RINOs are once again screwing up things.

They need to just repeal Obamacare in its entirety. Just roll things back to where they were prior. Then start passing bills correcting many of the issues we know exist within healthcare such as crossing state lines, group plans, and decoupling healthcare and tax benefits from employers and giving it directly to consumers. Requiring price transparency on non-emergency/maintenance healthcare so consumers can shop around.

While there is a healthcare issue, something like 80%-90% of people were perfectly satisfied with their plans prior to Obamacare. The focus just has to be on those who couldn't get insurance.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
I very disappointed in the Republicans. They are allowing the cronyist to mess things up. We have no leadership with a spine in Congress/Senate. Far too many are worried about their seats instead of doing the right thing. The RINOs are once again screwing up things.

Yeah GOD FORBID that the Republicans in Congress care about the people who put them there or anything.

PS: Simply repealing Obamacare, as the Republicans in Congress are quickly learning, will NOT send things back to pre-ACA levels. They will make things worse.
edit on 24-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join