It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healthcare is a joke.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Republican have had 7 years to come up with a better idea. I know there are a few democrats with brains who realized Obamacare wasn't cutting the mustard, so at least a few of them had some time to come up with a better plan. But here we are, with a garbage bill that may in fact be worse than Obama's garbage, and it MUST be passed or Trump's plans are all scrapped? WTF?

I fully get that Trump opened his pie hole and made a promise he had no control over, so he will have to suffer the fallout from that stupidity, but the blame game needs to stop. If you watch, there are lots of idiots talking about how bad this thing is, and NOT ONE of them is offering a solution. News flash, if all you can do is bitch, you aren't helping. I know plenty of folks who can do that. The LEADERS we elected need to LEAD and quit whining.

Our leaders we elected to pass and write bills just like this don't seem to be up to the task. I think it's time for them to realize they need to go get a real job and let some others with ideas instead of full diapers make the decisions.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If you watch, there are lots of idiots talking about how bad this thing is, and NOT ONE of them is offering a solution. News flash, if all you can do is bitch, you aren't helping. I know plenty of folks who can do that. The LEADERS we elected need to LEAD and quit whining.

The seeming division is planned, just like the two party system. When they are told to agree on something like more 'defense' spending, they all go one way together. When its something to help the people, they play the 'endless bicker game', making it appear on purpose they just can't seem to come up with solutions.

Im as tired of saying that as people are of hearing it. Pay no attention to those men behind the curtain.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Let's also NOT forget that the Republicans during Obama's reign kept saying they had a better plan (6 of em if my memory serves me right) that they wanted to replace Obamacare with! Well if that was the case, then why in the hell are they having such difficulties now?

Dog and Pony show, Smoke and Mirrors, call it what you will, but I choose to call them ALL a bunch of liars!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Bravo! Well said!!!

You're right. If all one can do is bitch, then you're part of the problem -- NOT part of the solution. And if you don't have what it takes to get the job done, get the hell out of the way for those who can and will.

The sad and pathetic truth seems to be that no one really wants to change it because Reps wanted it for their Big Med corporate donors just as much as the Dems did -- and still do.

Hence, Obamacare Lite.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I never signed up for obamacare.. As long as they remove the individual mandate I will be ok with that. I've filed for exemptions and luckily they worked, but I don't know for how long until the mandate bit is removed.. Not all of us can afford to pay $400+ a month pay a $5000 deductible, or face a $1200 a year fine.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Democrats wanted to have a single payer system. ACA was the compromise. This is why everything sucks in this country.

edit on 24-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Yep, I wish it would just go back to the way it was before Obamacare at a minimum. I'm just tired of paying ridiculous prices to never even use it and if I do I have to pay ridiculous deductibles. I feel the elderly need some type of separate government subsidized health plan, but everyone else needs to be taken off my dime. I currently have 2 companies to choose from for Health insurance and at the rate it has gone so far, I will soon only have 1 insurance company to choose from most likely. Then they can just charge me whatever they want, since the Obama admin made it a law to purchase their ripoff plans.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

"The men behind the curtain" are the ones Americans voted to position themselves there.

For the last eight years they've done nothing, but nod towards each other, and say the motto "vote No" to anything the previous administration wanted to do. That was it. Their job. Now they are actually being required to work and think, and find the old grey matter has rusted to the point it's not serviceable.

And we have a President, for whom the worse thing about this will be he didn't get to repeal it on the DATE Obama signed it into law. That's what he wanted, so he could boast about it. He doesn't care what it is. Just put it out there and say it's great. Such a small little mind. Any fool can see it if they look.

link   

Occam's Razor.

Republicans want Obamacare.

I so hate every politician now. Really. They are all liars.

link   
a reply to: intrptr

When they are told to agree on something like more 'defense' spending, they all go one way together.

When its something to help the people, they play the 'endless bicker game', making it appear on purpose they just can't seem to come up with solutions.

Well-said. Most of us here on ATS should be familiar with the false left/right paradigm.

Sure, some legislators will take a position simply because they want to conform with their fellow party members, but when it comes down to anything that could potentially give freedoms back to the people, or significantly help them in their pursuit of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, 9 times out of 10 there just happens to be irreconcilable differences and it's "back to the drawing board" for another bill that will again, restrict the freedoms of the people

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Our leaders we elected to pass and write bills just like this don't seem to be up to the task. I think it's time for them to realize
they need to go get a real job and let some others with ideas instead of full diapers make the decisions.

The problems of this country are not rocket science. The lobbyists force the politicians to pass laws creating cartels and monopolies in exchange for campaign financing. The people paying the lobbyists have representation in this government. Common blokes like you and me have no voice. Money talks, everything we post is BS.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Your health care system is pretty much a joke . That is all i got really . So i guess i agree with the OP.
edit on 24-3-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
Yep, I wish it would just go back to the way it was before Obamacare at a minimum. I'm just tired of paying ridiculous prices to never even use it and if I do I have to pay ridiculous deductibles.

You seem like a really smart person and you have important things to say. However, if you study the cost of healthcare premiums over the last 30 years, there has been about a 20% increase every year. About every five years the cost of a premium doubles. Before and after the ACA was passed had absolutely NO EFFECT on the existing and continuing trend is the cost of a premium.

P.S. ACA is aka Obamacare in case you did not know.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

All politicians should be required by law to use the same Healthcare system as everyone else. Especially since they're the ones force feeding it to everyone else in the country.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Both parties have failed us with Healthcare in the US. The whole medical industry is by far the largest lobbying group in America. As long as they shovel money at politicians, we won't see meaningful improvements. .

The painfully obvious part of all of this is that both parties need to work together to come up with a compromise solution that benefits all Americans. Both parties have stuff stuck up their butts so much that they won't even consider working with each other on such a Major issue.

The culprits here are many but this is the root of the problem IMO. link

edit on 24-3-2017 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

All politicians should be paid on the GS scale and go to a VA for healthcare.

Also, people should be free to bitch-slap the morons whenever they (the politicians) are out in public.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
a reply to: DBCowboy

All politicians should be required by law to use the same Healthcare system as everyone else. Especially since they're the ones force feeding it to everyone else in the country.

Such a bill requiring this would never make it out of committee.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

"The men behind the curtain" are the ones Americans voted to position themselves there.

No, the men behind the curtain are the oligarchs, the show is the smoke and fire, the loud voice of the wizard barking commands (i.e., television), the emerald city, the people.

Watch again you haven't seen the Wizard of Oz lately.

edit on 24-3-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Occam's Razor.

Republicans want Obamacare.

I so hate every politician now. Really. They are all liars.

In this case I don't think they are so much liars, as incompetents. They are in a tailspin. They don't know how to make this work. The only thing right now they are being dishonest about is refusing to admit their own incompetency.

And as difficult and challenging as it was to get the Affordable Care Act off the ground and running, and they presumed they could replace it in three months? With a better program? Common sense, and looking at the complexities of the program should have been their first clue.

I think Trump threw them into a black hole when he added "replace". They got no further in their thinking than "Repeal".
And now? OMG. What's a Congress to do?

ick.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Well-said. Most of us here on ATS should be familiar with the false left/right paradigm.

I would really be interested to find out how many here (on an alternative view website) really don't get that as opposed to those that know it but keep promoting it. The gate keepers are here, too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join