It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true reason why aliens haven't made world wide contact

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: andre18
a reply to: Shangralah

Maybe they don't need to visit us, their telescopes are so powerful they can see insects crawling on the ground. Who knows.

Well, then they would be looking at the past... and depending on their distance from our planet, humans might not exist yet on Earth (when looking through "their" telescope).

Anyways, I agree with you to some degree. But you are assuming the aliens all have the same agenda; like all aliens are represented by one group. I highly doubt thats the case if they are out there, and I think the more malevolent ones would for sure exploit humans by manipulating their tech, politics and stuff and stuff.

Fun to ponder upon

edit on America/Chicago24Fri, 24 Mar 2017 11:24:31 -05001100000024 by eirgud because: excess text

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

The aliens already know we're here but we still have too many issues do deal with as a race, we have to unify in acceptance and compassion before they will communicate with us.

They couldn't give two craps about us. We are a tiny little sub-microscopic speck floating on a backwater arm of a boring, ordinary galaxy, one of billions. They likely don't care or even know about us at all, just like we don't know about them.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Trying to place human attributes to aliens from far, far away is an exercise is futility.

We can not possibly know, save in extremely general terms (if even that much...), what they're going to look like, think like, anything at all.

Tool users? How do we know? Predators? How do we know?

We don't. We can't. To toss around absolutes is pointless.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: andre18 Why I feel that I've heard this jewosophy somewhere else..? I guess I've read about it in the profound volumes "Brainless hippies vol.1" and "Brainless hippies vol.2". Really eye-opening books. The hippies knew everything abut the darn aliens. Amazing read by the way, recommend for all in the field!!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
a reply to: andre18

Have you spoken to a Dolphin or an Ant lately ?

If I could speak their language, I would go to the beach and talk to the dolphins every weekend.

I remember seeing an advert as a kid, maybe National Geographic, about the secret language of insects. I was pretty disappointed to learn it was just chemical signals.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

They could be war like and still be technology advanced in all kinds of fields. it is possible to be technology advanced and be violent. fact is we don't know and until we do to just make claims that they don't come because we are savages is ignorant to say the least

I'm giving an answer to the question - where are all the aliens. The aliens must be around. All the real estate out there i imagine to be pretty tightly packed with civilizations on almost every star system.

Sure, they "must" be around, but the question is, how do they get here? Claiming something like "warp drive" is fanciful science fiction. The fact is you're making all these suppositions based on the assumption "aliens from space" are here, something you really don't know. Then you make up what their behavior must be based on your own thoughts about the human race.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Nice thread but it is redundant; your idea has been discussed many times over.

The problem is distance. If I were to send a text message to a star system 100 light years away, it would take 200 years to get a response and that doesn't include the language barrier.

We are not alone but SETI's attempt of sending a message to ET is superfluous at best. It would take the breaking of Einsteins laws to expect a response so by the year 2177 we may get a hello and that's a big if.

Empires have fallen in a less amount of time and if the Cuban missile crisis went south we wouldn't be here to discuss this topic.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think the reason no one contacts each other is that it is too risky.

Imagine every household in the World has the trigger to some satellite based energy weapon. You see people walking down the street being vaporized anonymously.

I think everyone would be locked up in their house with the lights off, peeking through the blinds.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Nice thread but it is redundant; your idea has been discussed many times over.

The problem is distance. If I were to send a text message to a star system 100 light years away, it would take 200 years to get a response and that doesn't include the language barrier.

We are not alone but SETI's attempt of sending a message to ET is superfluous at best. It would take the breaking of Einsteins laws to expect a response so by the year 2177 we may get a hello and that's a big if.

Empires have fallen in a less amount of time and if the Cuban missile crisis went south we wouldn't be here to discuss this topic.

I think it's a subject that deserves our attention. Way better than reading the Trump-Obama novel all day long.

Also, how could you possibly know distance will be a problem for us in a billion years from now?

We used to hit rocks to make fire, now we're about to colonize Mars. Yet, we know nothing (yet).

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Just speculating here....What if a certain alien race actually created us, or fast tracked the process of human development? Maybe they're checking on our progress. Maybe other alien races our checking on their "experiment" (us), because they want to do the same on another world. There's a lot of "circumstantial" evidence showing "possible" contact between extraterrestrials and ancient civilizations. Ancient people posed no threat to them and considered them "gods." Today, we're a more technologically advanced race with trigger fingers controlling weapons of mass destruction. Maybe they don't trust our governments and political leaders and fear public disclosure on a grand scale would not be beneficial for them or us.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

But if they are already aware of us, then that curiousness is fulfilled. Watching us for perhaps thousands of years, they may know us better then ourselves. They don't need to interact on a world wide level when they know what we're like.

What we are like???... I would say we are alien to them, just as they are to use. You put way too much humanist logic in your posts and nothing alien, so why would they even know we are here?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

This is ATS man, you're theory is weak.
I'm voting in favour of the whole "US government has contracts with aliens" theory.

America gets all the coolest tech (Area 51 etc.) in return for X amount of humans per anum or whatever and Alien disclosure can't happen because we'll all be p.o'd

'Merica (and possibly the Nazi's) have/had contact. We're just not allowed to know.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Alternatively... they're not extraterrestrial aliens, they're beings from a distant future a highly evolved and altered version of humans.

They visit their distant past and avoid contact with us as much as possible for the most obvious reasons. When they do interact with us, or intervene it is done to create changes in the future. If they can come to our present, they could also go into our past.

Or, there are no aliens and UFOs...

edit on 24-3-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

of FFS - not this old canard again :

this crap is repeated across the entire spectrum of human delusions and boils down to :

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx has not // will not occur untill humanity does // achieves yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

" yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy " = some implausible fantasy

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

blinks - i prefer the notion :

no aliens have yet developed the capability to comunicate with or visit the sol system

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Andre is right. No ET’s will get close to humans because humans are dangerous. They have definitely with gloves on contacted humans that’s proven enough…

On this point I agree with Andre and Steven Greer

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Shangralah

But if they are already aware of us, then that curiousness is fulfilled. Watching us for perhaps thousands of years, they may know us better then ourselves. They don't need to interact on a world wide level when they know what we're like.
They don't have anything better to do than watch us for thousands of years? Man we must be really important.
edit on 24-3-2017 by apydomis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

In addition, there are (at least) hundreds of species in just our corner of the galaxy. We're no big deal. In their eyes, great if we become peaceful...great if we blow ourselves up. Advanced civilizations know that some just don't make it. That's "life" in the cosmos.
edit on 3/24/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
We don't know they are watching us. They could pass by Earth for some other reason.

Their level of intelligence could be so much higher than ours that it is no merit to attempt to converse with humans. We may be some minor life form. Maybe a few researchers are cataloging life forms and check us out, write some notes, and leave.

I suspect humans over estimate their level of intelligence and knowledge of the universe.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah
a reply to: chiefsmom

And I think they are just scared of cats.

Or at least spiders.

Perhaps the Aliens are spiders?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join