It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true reason why aliens haven't made world wide contact

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: andre18

Who says they haven't? They can be right next to you and me and we may not even realize it.

And every point made here are our expectations...and juvenile in what, how and what to expect.

We haven't a clue.. ..

edit on 24-3-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah

What would be the point of coming all the way here from god knows where and not making contact?

Study. Observe. Learn (mostly, what NOT to do).

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: expatwhite
Surely if they appeared it would end world conflict

Not buying that it is "our fault" I'm afraid

I agree we make our own bed. But about contact or "disclosure", it would upset the apple cart, destroy gubments control and religions hold over the masses. People would stop recognizing the gubment and god as the highest authority. Demand the aleens take care of our problems, punish those that don't go along with the new overlords.

Personally I don't think it would get that far. Say they land on the world cup soccer pitch or buzz the capitals of the world, land, get out and say hi, we're here to lend a hand. People would mob them, pull at them, tear them apart trying to get a souvenir. Defense industries would try to capture technology and use it to dominate the world, hell the Universe.

Im afraid we give ordinary control freaks in charge of the current Paradigm more credit than we should. They are a greedy, backstabbing lot, out for money and power, they would just try and take over the aliens, too.

The entry in the alien almanac about earth says: approach with caution, they have guns and will dissect you.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: andre18
Since we as a whole can't treat our self worth and the self worth of others with care, why would aliens want to be treated by us in the same way?

If they are advanced enough to make it here, we can't treat them. They would treat us.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
So, they have the technology to come here, but they aren't making contact because of "us"

Wouldn't they also have the technology to "teach" us, or "force" us to do what we should, or what they want?

And I think they are just scared of cats.

Because then we wouldn't learn it for ourselves by ourselves. Where is the maturity in forcing someone to do what they arent ready for? Besides, you can't force anyone to be kind to another, compassion comes from love from one's self. They could teach us plenty, but that would be under an agenda wouldn't it... There is no value in communication when there's a self fulfilling agenda and there's nothing kind about teaching somebody something because you feel you know better, that's still ego.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

this tired old argument again.

fact is there is no way to know if ET is peaceful or violent, no one has "met" them yet and provided 100% concrete proof that they are benevolent, and we don't know how many different ones there may be.

in fact one of the most celebrated minds seems to think that it's more than likely that ET is just as bad if not worse than the human race. but then he turns around and says lets search for them any way.

Since at least 2010, Hawking has spoken publicly about his fears that an advanced alien civilization would have no problem wiping out the human race the way a human might wipe out a colony of ants. At the media event announcing the new project, he noted that human beings have a terrible history of mistreating, and even massacring, other human cultures that are less technologically advanced — why would an alien civilization be any different?
Stephen Hawking: Intelligent Aliens Could Destroy Humanity, But Let's Search Anyway

from the same article,

Hawking voiced his fears at the Breakthrough event, saying, "We don't know much about aliens, but we know about humans. If you look at history, contact between humans and less intelligent organisms have often been disastrous from their point of view, and encounters between civilizations with advanced versus primitive technologies have gone badly for the less advanced. A civilization reading one of our messages could be billions of years ahead of us. If so, they will be vastly more powerful, and may not see us as any more valuable than we see bacteria."

but then you have people that are so gullible that think the opposite.
same article,

Jill Tarter, former director of the Center for SETI (Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence) also has expressed opinions about alien civilizations that are in stark contrast to Hawking's.

"While Sir Stephen Hawking warned that alien life might try to conquer or colonize Earth, I respectfully disagree," Tarter said in a statement in 2012. "If aliens were to come here, it would be simply to explore. Considering the age of the universe, we probably wouldn't be their first extraterrestrial encounter, either.
"If aliens were able to visit Earth, that would mean they would have technological capabilities sophisticated enough not to need slaves, food or other planets," she added.

that's just being naive.

to think that ET would be benevolent, and wouldn't see the need to kill us, is just plain stupid. they might see us as a deadly virus that if allowed to spread would pose a great risk to the universe.

also they could be war like and still be technology advanced in all kinds of fields. it is possible to be technology advanced and be violent. fact is we don't know and until we do to just make claims that they don't come because we are savages is ignorant to say the least

edit on 24-3-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Or we are the aliens

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

They could be war like and still be technology advanced in all kinds of fields. it is possible to be technology advanced and be violent. fact is we don't know and until we do to just make claims that they don't come because we are savages is ignorant to say the least

I'm giving an answer to the question - where are all the aliens. The aliens must be around. All the real estate out there i imagine to be pretty tightly packed with civilizations on almost every star system.

And I'm sure there are or have been plenty of wars over galactic territory, however, the fact that we exist now, untouched by aliens as it so seems, and the multitude of whats out there tells me we are being left alone until we get our selves sorted.

The fact an alien race hasn't destroyed us yet is in my opinion because we live within some sort of protected cluster of benevolent systems that are watching out for us.
edit on 24-3-2017 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
As far as conversations, here is something to think about. A thought about intelligence in life forms.

Go to 7:40

Another thought, because they are at Earth doesn't mean they specifically came here and only here. Could be an expedition effort covering a larger area.

edit:
About the video

Given the 1% difference in DNA between humans and apes and intelligence, what would 1% between humans and an older, more advanced life form be. Do we hold conversations with Apes often.
edit on 3/24/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The mutilated cows are just take-out dinners.

edit on 24-3-2017 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
If you have not seen the recent version of the movie The Arrival (The Amy Adams one from last year, not the old Charlie Sheen one...) give it a try. Very good movie, and has a very close premise to what you are discussing. Honestly giving you any real info would be huge spoilers so I will just highly recommend you give it a watch.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realiserealies
a reply to: Bedlam

Or we are the aliens

I get that impression myself.

Maybe a lab experiment gone horribly wrong.

Seems to be the gist of what the experiencers say.
Which I assume nobody believes, judging from alot of comments like "if they contact us" "when they get here" etc.
Maybe the "aliens" would rather deal with "real" people.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Oh snap! The aliens will never show. Darn it.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

Have you spoken to a Dolphin or an Ant lately ?

We have to look like ant colonies to an advanced species of being. I do stop and watch the little suckers every once and a while but I don't start talking to them.

The scary thing is when they get into my stuff and make it a problem I kill them off. I hope we don't become a problem.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CalibratedZeus

"It's a cook book!"

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Well I can't discount every abduction story out there. Particular Travis Walton's story. So since I think they are already here and experimenting on us much the same as we do to wildlife.

I agree with the OP. I think our very nature is what keeps us separated from the rest of the universe. Regardless, they are not showing up to hold our hands.

I think there is enough evidence of the UFO phenomenon to suggest - yes they are here and visiting us. Now where they are actually from - is another debate entirely.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah

If they knew about us they would make it known. Maybe already have.

What would be the point of coming all the way here from god knows where and not making contact?

maybe they've mistaken our political process for a sit-com...

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The human race is one big virus plain and simple. If you could see an alien race from far away thru whatever means of technology and see the wars, the hate, the crime...ask yourself, would you want to go there and let them know of your existence? If they were smart, hell no. And all this talk of aliens in talk with our gov't is BS. A bunch of crooks and low life bastards, unless the alien race is that too. I would stay as far away as I could and shut off what ever signal we may be able to trace.

Maybe, just maybe that is why we have not seen a trace of alien life.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
What would you do if there were around 190 countries all fighting with each other over a different piece of dirt?

I wouldn't make contact either. I don't believe worldwide contact will happen until we are a worldwide society.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Think out the box a moment. Put yourself in the aliens position then work out who or what would they make contact with.
1.The most populous species? It aint us.
2. The most advanced species in their environs? It aint us.
3. the most peaceful? It aint us.
What criteria would they use to determine who is the dominant species on Earth. If they used the most successful in technology would that be the most successful for the entire species benefit? Cos that aint us either.
So just who or what would be their point of contact?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join