It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true reason why aliens haven't made world wide contact

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The aliens already know we're here but we still have too many issues do deal with as a race, we have to unify in acceptance and compassion before they will communicate with us.

It's not that they aren't evolved enough to build their own radios, but that we aren't evolved enough to build our own peace.

Think about it. It's our ego that makes us think we're so smart so they must want to say hello, but what good is a brain without the heart?

Would you honestly want to make friends with a person who has inner conflicts within their self? Conflicts that if you tried to help they'd try and hurt you? That's still where we predominantly are as a people. If we wanted piece we'd already have it, plain and simple. If you truly wanted peace with your neighbor you'd create it, but while you don't, why would you then still expect other conflicts between others not to continue?

The fact that we have wars at all, or any large scale violence or conflict is a reflection of our personal issues dramatized to the fullest extent to show us how we still are - otherwise they couldn't exist, the ripples of social compassion and kindness would have washed them out.

Since we as a whole can't treat our self worth and the self worth of others with care, why would aliens want to be treated by us in the same way?

The radio silence isn't because no one out there is listening, it's because we arent listening to each other.

They're listening and they're waiting.
edit on 24-3-2017 by andre18 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: andre18

If they knew about us they would make it known. Maybe already have.

What would be the point of coming all the way here from god knows where and not making contact?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Shangralah

Why would they make it known? for what reason?

You're assuming the distance is an issue for them. Maybe they don't need to visit us, their telescopes are so powerful they can see insects crawling on the ground. Who knows. But why do you expect they must say hello? Where does that entitlement come from?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

That's still where we predominantly are as a people.

Where we are "as a people" doesn't matter as much as our individual behavior. We are responsible for your own actions. This life term here is our chance to get it right, to mature, to ripen and to pass on. We have this whole life time to do that and at the end we will be measured by our fruits. Out fruits, not anyone elses.

How did you behave towards others, where did you stand, were you a part of the problem, or part of the solution?
edit on 24-3-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Have you spoken to a Dolphin or an Ant lately ?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: andre18

Why would they make it known? for what reason?

You're assuming the distance is an issue for them. Maybe they can see insects crawling on our ground with their telescopes. Who knows. But why do you expect they must say hello? Where does that entitlement come from?

Not because of entitlement. Because of the curiosness of life in general. you see something you check it out.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

But why do you expect they must say hello? Where does that entitlement come from?

You don't expect it, it just happens. Once it does then its no longer about believing this or that. You know they exist, a whole wider horizon opens up.
edit on 24-3-2017 by intrptr because: bb code

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

But if they are already aware of us, then that curiousness is fulfilled. Watching us for perhaps thousands of years, they may know us better then ourselves. They don't need to interact on a world wide level when they know what we're like.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Surely if they appeared it would end world conflict

Not buying that it is "our fault" I'm afraid

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

But if they are already aware of us, then that curiousness is fulfilled. Watching us for perhaps thousands of years, they may know us better then ourselves. They don't need to interact when they know what we're like.

I just dont see the point. I believe in aliens 100% I just dont think they are here yet.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

Why would it end world conflict? By what reason?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

I don't think that's the true reason. We know nothing about aliens.
Maybe they're like the Borgs? Or the Reapers?
Maybe we are under new management since 1954 and the environmental pollution, the poison in our food, the neglicent use of penicillin... is a silent genocide?

Your "true reason" is really more a new age flavoured guess

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
In this information age, an alien could access the internet and learn everything about Humans there is to know.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

What if's? Your title says "the true reason" but you are offering what if's. Do you understand the difference?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah

But if they are already aware of us, then that curiousness is fulfilled. Watching us for perhaps thousands of years, they may know us better then ourselves. They don't need to interact when they know what we're like.

I just dont see the point. I believe in aliens 100% I just dont think they are here yet.

That's because if you were to discover something new you'd want to investigate right? but if they have been aware of us for some time, checking us out over many many generations and watching our progress, would it make sense for them to jump down when they can already see the result of our behavior?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
So, they have the technology to come here, but they aren't making contact because of "us"

Wouldn't they also have the technology to "teach" us, or "force" us to do what we should, or what they want?

And I think they are just scared of cats.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Why would it end world conflict? By what reason?

Because if they were actually here they would eat us. In their eyes we're all equally delicious.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

And I think they are just scared of cats.

Or at least spiders.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shangralah

That's because if you were to discover something new you'd want to investigate right? but if they have been aware of us for some time, checking us out over many many generations and watching our progress, would it make sense for them to jump down when they can already see the result of our behavior?
More if's??

What if they are made of jello puddin pops and they are afraid we will eat them? I mean, what if????

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Another explanation: there are no aliens

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join