It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story of Satan is a Fairy Tale Weigh In

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

not only is Satan and his cronies recording everything we do but so is God via his angles. Everything is recorded in a book. Both have these books. this is how devil mimic a deceased family member or pose as one to a psychic.

Today's psychics are a joke. They get your real name and credit card info, sometimes social security numbers, and look for you on face book, indeed and other sites they have paid for monthly subscriptions like people check your background, credit and spending habits. All the while you are waiting for them to finally get to you as you usually have to wait. And the info about you pops up in front of them on a computer then they play their con game and make you think they are just getting this from thin air, when really it is from the internet. they spin it and you pay then 4.99 per minute. Sometimes they offer the first three minutes free.

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Christians didn't believe in a hell until like 500 years ago.. Text

Would you please give the source for that statement?

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I could not resist, it's on topic

No one believes in me anymore by Keith Green

Please listen and enjoy

youtu.be...

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I could not resist, it's on topic

No one believes in me anymore by Keith Green

Please listen and enjoy

youtu.be...

And his dear John letter to the devil

youtu.be...
edit on 03 03 2017 by Sharparrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
a reply to: RAY1990

it probably does more siting beside your bed than it does in your hands reading it.

Mine is full of notes, folded corners, underlined verses, and cross-references hand written in the margin that after few years I have to buy another because no more of my personal reading and study notes and marks will fit in it.

You keep your book and I'll keep my common sense with a hint of observational wisdom.

You're still acting smug though about your book's infinite wisdom, where has it got you?

You've still failed to grasp that I'm another human being and in my opinion I feel you're hardly acting "Christian" towards me. But hey, each to their own. Mine is full of notes and added ink too, not that it matters. I was practicing many of the things I've learnt from it way before I picked it up.

I don't need no book to have the spirit.

If sheep go to heaven and goats go to hell, I'm grateful I'm a creature that won't stupidly follow the flock over the edge of the cliff. Shepard's are clearly in short supply these days...

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

He is the present ruler of earth.

Wrong according to the Bible, Jesus is.

He claimed all authority in heaven and earth was given to him.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

would you rather I said that people are inherently self-serving that drives them to wickedness in every area of their lives.

No one is free from this unless they have been set free and even then it is still there.

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

Circumstances are everything.

Most people don't sit and think about how their actions affect the world around them, don't get me wrong. Religion is a great way for people to free their minds but there is some places where you have to be a theologian to apply the wisdom to life.

Like why you should turn off lights you're not using regardless of if you can afford to burn money.

Again I didn't mean to offend, sometimes things are simple and don't require a divine hand to figure out. I have respect for those who choose a pious life, it's not necessary to live a good one though.

Considering many leaders claim to be religious, I guess I could argue that religion doesn't help all that much in the grand scheme of things.
edit on 12-4-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
In my opinion Satan is nothing more than a boogeyman of myth and legend, who's history is actually very interesting to say the least. Judaism holds that Satan is a tempter, who's duty is to led individuals to sin and accuse them of sin. Hence Satan in Hebrew translates to "enemy" or "adversary".

With the introduction and evolution of the Christian religion, Satan's character changed from an angel who tempts people to sin, to the ultimate evil in the world. Which is why I refer to him as a "boogeyman". Someone to be scared of and explain all the wrongs throughout history.

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Before Isaac Newton discovered and learned what he described as "the law of gravity" and the facts/certainties/realities/truths related to that subject, he began by observing and thinking about the effects/phenomena related to that subject.

It works no differently when trying to determin (or evaluate the evidence regarding) the existence of Satan as a real person/being. Many effects of a cause like: Satan, are described in the only book that has introduced this character as a real person/being to mankind (or made that claim). Any evaluation of these effects should be compared with what the bible says about the subject, otherwise the evaluation is moot and invalid, based on personal preference and according to the bible also conditioning or programming with "persuasive arguments" and "misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons".

'If the shoe fits...'
the evidence of Satan's existence and influence on mankind is hard to ignore because of the telltale patterns described in the bible.

Some of these patterns in behaviour, thinking, arguing and reasoning, are also described in the article linked in my signature, which consists of 2 pages, the 2nd page is linked, you may want to find and click the button for the previous page if one wants to do a serious evaluation of the evidence that is available. You have millions of comments on ATS available for evaluation. You don't need to evaluate all of them in comparison with what the bible and for example the things emphasized in the article about propaganda say to come to a rational logical and reasonable conclusion regarding this subject that accurately represents the realities around you in the same manner that Isaac Newton discovered the reality of gravity and how it operates according to specific values that can be accurately/factually/correctly described in mathematical formulas.

The other option is continuing your demonstration of these bible verses and descriptions of human behaviour, thinking, reasoning and arguing to add to the pile for those who are not ignorant about these descriptions and understand them with a little help as described in the bible. Those who also are not attempting to promote the embracement of ignorance (see also my commentary in the thread about Pontius Pilate's insincere question "What is Truth?", as if you can't figure it out anyway, regarding any subject, allowing for spin: 'the world is grey', see last video. General agnosticism rather than mere selective agnosticism that is only aimed at denying+spinning specific inconvenient facts/realities/certainties).

General agnosticism might as well be described as "Deny everything"-mode.

Remember, the motto of ATS is "deny ignorance", not "embrace and promote ignorance regarding any fact/certainty/reality that is inconvenient to what you want to think about the subject". That would be a rather long motto anyway and not so subtly superficial* and useless if 99% of the posters demonstrate the opposite behaviour (of "deny ignorance") anyway regardless of how ATS markets itself to the public.

*: like "Let's make America great again!" or "Change" ("that works for you"), "Be the Change", "Yes we can!". "The ... revolution has begun" (Alex Jones, Infowars), "Join the resistance!" (Infowars), etc.
edit on 15-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Say tan

Very tan

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Fairy tale...

Is that the same thing as an elf tale?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join