It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story of Satan is a Fairy Tale Weigh In

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
The story of God is a fairy tale. It would be much more interesting to argue if there is true evil in this world than the existence of a Demi-god that has had his image created by the Inferno a 14th century poem written by a man trying to push the church agenda.

Evil vs good in man. That argument wouldn't require religion. I understand where this thread is posted but it seems people like to post when they already think they have the answer Sussed.

I don't believe I have absolute proof my opinion is true. I think the original reason why I made the post had more to do with how unbelievably nature is consistent in her behaviors. I think the consistency has profound religious implications with regards to certain superstitions.

I think God is indifferent about what man considers to be morally good and morally bad. I'm pretty sure God knew exactly what was going to happen to the apple in the Garden with naked woman prancing about. This kind of says to me God doesn't seem to care about the loss of innocence. You could infer from the story he was actually encouraging it.

The tenth circle of Hell: New Jersey

edit on 24-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: Satan's typos

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I have no doubt evil exists, Vlad the Impaler comes to mind.

Some are born sick, some develop sickness due to circumstances (probably Vlad's case) but a small few of us are truly sick by choice.

It's why criminal cases are fascinating because now and then you'll come across those that have no illness or circumstances that caused them to act as they did. I feel that those people are a manifestation of evil if you will.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
F# gang bang. Jesus. I'm out.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I have been there. I have seen the beach scum as it rolls into the bars in the early afternoon. Napalm and mustard gas might be the only good solution.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
F# gang bang. Jesus. I'm out.

This is the most intelligent thing you've posted to this thread.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

I have been there. I have seen the beach scum as it rolls into the bars in the early afternoon. Napalm and mustard gas might be the only good solution.

I live here. You have no idea what it's like:

www.youtube.com...

There I was completely wasted, out of work and down
All inside it's so frustrating as I drift from town to town
Feel as though nobody cares if I live or die
So I might as well begin to put some action in my life

Breaking the law, breaking the law

So much for the golden future I can't even start
I've had every promise broken, there's anger in my heart
You don't know what it's like, you don't have a clue
If you did you'd find yourselves doing the same thing too

You don't know what it's like

edit on 24-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: Satan's typos

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Well, if Satan is responsible for all the evil I do, and Jesus is responsible all the good that I do, just what exactly am I personally responsible for?

I think it's important for people to have a relationship to themselves. At some people, each of us must be responsible for some portions of our own behaviors.

No one is responsible for how you behave but you. Jesus and his fallen brother simply offer you choices of paths it is up to you which you follow. I don't know where you got the idea someone was saying they were responsible for your behavior. You can invite either into your life and as your own human friends you chose it makes a huge difference in who you are.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Yes, there are very sick individuals out there like idi amin who choose to be evil and vile. It is through fear of poverty and desire a man like him was able to rise to such power. There is definitely evil in this world.
edit on 24-3-2017 by TheAlleghenyGentleman because: I've never claimed to be a grammar star

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

Well, if Satan is responsible for all the evil I do, and Jesus is responsible all the good that I do, just what exactly am I personally responsible for?

I think it's important for people to have a relationship to themselves. At some people, each of us must be responsible for some portions of our own behaviors.

No one is responsible for how you behave but you. Jesus and his fallen brother simply offer you choices of paths it is up to you which you follow. I don't know where you got the idea someone was saying they were responsible for your behavior. You can invite either into your life and as your own human friends you chose it makes a huge difference in who you are.

I think we are agreeing that blaming Satan for evil in the world is a fairy tale. People are 100% responsible for everything in their lives (good and bad). Satan sells and makes the church a lot of money. Who wants to take personal responsibility when the church will back you up on the Satan accusation. Most people would prefer to focus on the quality of their life in the hereafter. It's some much easier to put off personal responsibility until you are at the gates. The fairy tale sells. Or we would not be having this conversation right now.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Fairytale, sort of.

It strikes me as odd that people can believe that there is an omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent monotheistic being who created everything, including Satan, or the Devil, and yet believe that Satan is not part of God's plan. I tend toward a more Eastern belief system, that God and Satan are the opposite sides of the same coin. Much of what we consider "evil" isn't objectively and morally wrong, it just hurts people. Much of what we classify as "Good" or "Godly" is demonstrably morally wrong. Constant bright light would be unbearable. As humans, sometimes we need the darkness. It's about balancing the two. To me evil is done when one side is out of balance, wether it be the light or the dark side.

I find it humorous whenever someone is thought to be the "Anti-Christ". If you believe in the Bible, then you believe that the anti-christ is a harbinger of the coming of God's Kingdom on Earth. So why fear the anti-christ? It seems if that is your belief system you should welcome the coming of the anti-christ.

To me, your level of faith in your higher power has nothing to do with the amount of material goods you will acquire while on earth. I don't believe the people who are truly spiritual in nature care much for material belongings.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
I find it humorous whenever someone is thought to be the "Anti-Christ". If you believe in the Bible, then you believe that the anti-christ is a harbinger of the coming of God's Kingdom on Earth. So why fear the anti-christ? It seems if that is your belief system you should welcome the coming of the anti-christ.

Very nice thoughtful post. Well done. But don't encourage the "crazies" to bring about the end of the world. They would probably try to do it you know!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeaWorthy

I think we are agreeing that blaming Satan for evil in the world is a fairy tale. People are 100% responsible for everything in their lives (good and bad). Satan sells and makes the church a lot of money. Who wants to take personal responsibility when the church will back you up on the Satan accusation. Most people would prefer to focus on the quality of their life in the hereafter. It's some much easier to put off personal responsibility until you are at the gates. The fairy tale sells. Or we would not be having this conversation right now.

All very true sad to say. Anyone who actually has read the words quoted as from Jesus has to be disgusted. If you can know them by their fruits and if no tree with bad roots CAN bear good fruit, toss the churches clearly.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   

after you read the bible every day for over 20 years as I have then you get back to me and tell me what you learned about the inherent nature of man.

edit on 24-3-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I've hit this topic in a few of my threads. Satan is the Conscience we all have, or accuser. Yama / Yahweh is the sub-conscience, or underworld. Yama in Hinduism is the ruler of the underworld, and the name literally means Self-Control. In Hebrew, the name Yama means, "To Head West." I can't get into it right now on this last bit. It is connected to Bodhidharma in Hinduism going West. Too much to say, so read the thread. Yama and Manu are brothers, but you can say twins and be just as accurate. They are the word Madhu, which is the refinement of the primordial chaos (birth of a new mind ego) and Light (Manu's final Higher Nature). Between, they are at war constantly. This is the right and left brain; the lower and higher natures and so on.

In Genesis 3:1, Yahweh (Yama) makes Satan Arum (cunning). This is clothed with light, or informed as to judgment. Mankind is formed naked (Arummim). This wordplay then tells you the reason for mirroring Manu as naked juxtaposed to the Conscience informing the Sub-conscience (underworld). This is necessity for the job of Yama (Self-Control). Self must have a mirror.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Yes, that's pretty much it.

To add to that Satan, which was of various heathen religion's gods originally, was used as a boogeyman by the Abrahamic religions to help and force people to no turn against their polytheist religions.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

How about no?

I've got a bible, it's sitting right by my bedside on a shelf and I do read it often, it's that kind of smug attitude that keeps me away from church, be a Christian and welcome me.

And to be a good Christian myself I'll tell you how I came about that book, I was in a dark place and a charitable man sent it to me at obvious expense to himself, he said I'll always be here but if I'm not maybe this will find you peace. Admittedly it has helped in many times of darkness.

It'll never take away anything I've learnt about humans by a honest observation with my own two eyes and my curious brain.

Do you know what I've learnt?

All humans are inherently insecure, all humans fail and all humans are working it out as we go. Sometimes we need guidance, some times we need a charitable hand and more than we like to admit the embrace of another and a shoulder to cry on.

No book needed to teach me that, but I do smile at the wisdom a book can show me and remember to do more for my fellow man and woman.

I came to this world with nothing and I'll leave with nothing but love... Everything else is just borrowed.

I apologize if this post you find offensive or insulting, it genuinely isn't my intent.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

I have memories of getting off on the wrong foot with you quite a few moons ago.

I've genuinely enjoyed the posts you've done in the last few days that I've happened to read.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Then of course you have the whole Nimrod deal. I can't remember which book in the Torah? mentions Yahweh giving sovereignty over the Earth to the Fallen Ones. Semyaza then divides the Earth into seven governerships, ruled by seven Princes of the Fallen. The farther back you go, the weirder it gets.There's not much written until around the time of the Canaanite Gods Baal and Dagon. If only the Library at Alexandria didn't burn. Who knows what was lost?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

it probably does more siting beside your bed than it does in your hands reading it.

Mine is full of notes, folded corners, underlined verses, and cross-references hand written in the margin that after few years I have to buy another because no more of my personal reading and study notes and marks will fit in it.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

It would be interesting to look through one of your discarded ones. Just to try to follow your thinking. I know you are passionate and 100% earnest about it. I've never felt that way about The Bible, so I can't really relate.

Do you think "Satan" is watching every move made by every person and then gets upset when people are not acting up enough?

edit on 3/27/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join