It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story of Satan is a Fairy Tale Weigh In

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

"Fairy Tale" and "Allegory"

I do not take Satan as a supernatural and/or anthropomorphic entity. Satan definitely makes sense allegorically, as an archetype, and esoterically.

The wholeness of our physical reality exists as an intricate relationship of tug-and-pull between dual/polar opposites. (1) I appreciate the2ofusr1 relating the Satan-archetype to entropy. (2) In relation to our inner character, the Satan-archetype is simply a synonym for our personal wickedness and inherent evil. (3) Esoterically, the Satan-archetype may be interpreted as man's beastial, primitive, barbaric, and carnal tendencies. Satan is figurative of the dual-pole opposite of positive, good, life, etc.

edit on 3/24/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Sahabi

originally posted by: ChemicalAli
a reply to: Aliensun

You guys must be blind if you can't see that there are devilworshipping elites that are pulling the strings. Many signs, all you have to do is open your eyes.

So yes, Satan and his like minded army of demonsjinns exist.

Is anything believed in taken to be true? Santa Clause, Tooth Fairy, and Easter Bunny are revered by children; they must be real!

Well, Santa Claus is real in the sense he exists in spirit with people's behaviors. This is the Archetypal type existence I referred to in my original post. But I do agree with your sentiment of how the question is begging the definition of what is "real" and what is imaginary.

I was just rebutting that belief is not a prerequisite of actuality. If we take "devilworshipping elites" as proof of Satan's existence, then it follows that we must then take all deities and all gods from all cultures to also exist. It doesn't stand for a good argument.

But personally, I do take all gods and all deities as being real. I take them all as relative and subjective interpretations of the same reality.

edit on 3/24/17 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
It all started around 14,000 year ago when one named Semyaza heard that Earth girls were easy. He decided to find out for himself if this was true and talked some of his bros' into coming with him. It was, they were and the Legend lives on.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

But personally, I do take all gods and all deities as being real. I take them all as relative and subjective interpretations of the same reality.
Psalm 82 is a good study to show the relationship between the two realms .As above so is below .

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: boomerdude

It all started around 14,000 year ago when one named Semyaza heard that Earth girls were easy. He decided to find out for himself if this was true and talked some of his bros' into coming with him. It was, they were and the Legend lives on.
I don't think that was the garden incident but that only compounded the problem ...If you add the Babel incident to the mix it also messes things up . The Cross reverses all of that towards the end .

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
a reply to: Sahabi

Psalm 82 is a good study to show the relationship between the two realms .As above so is below .

Are you sure you are quoting the correct Psalm? I don't see how it relates to your comment.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

A bit of context ....At the tower of Babel God put the gods over the nations .Psalm 82 is a report card Psa 82:1  A Psalm of Asaph. God has taken his place in the divine council; in the midst of the gods he holds judgment: 
Psa 82:2  “How long will you judge unjustly and show partiality to the wicked? Selah 
Psa 82:3  Give justice to the weak and the fatherless; maintain the right of the afflicted and the destitute. 
Psa 82:4  Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.” 
Psa 82:5  They have neither knowledge nor understanding, they walk about in darkness; all the foundations of the earth are shaken. 
Psa 82:6  I said, “You are gods, sons of the Most High, all of you; 
Psa 82:7  nevertheless, like men you shall die, and fall like any prince.” 
Psa 82:8  Arise, O God, judge the earth; for you shall inherit all the nations! 

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I really do not understand what this means in the context of "As above so is below".

RE: don't think that was the garden incident but that only compounded the problem

I am pretty confident God knew exactly what was going to happen to the apple in the garden with a naked woman prancing about. My faith in God's omnipotence has no boundaries. Just saying.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Since good and evil are both fairy tales, that logically makes Satan a fairy tale. Or at least the narrative surrounding him.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

People behave wickedly and evil because they are sinners.

More and more we are finding that people behave wickedly because of a myriad of reasons: mental health problems, poor nurturing during childhood, abusive parents, bad economic situations, bad life choices, addiction, etc. There is no scientific leanings towards people acting bad because of something called a "sin" though.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

RE: don't think that was the garden incident but that only compounded the problem
Gen 6:1  When man began to multiply on the face of the land and daughters were born to them, 
Gen 6:2  the sons of God saw that the daughters of man were attractive. And they took as their wives any they chose. 
Gen 6:3  Then the LORD said, “My Spirit shall not abide in man forever, for he is flesh: his days shall be 120 years.” 
Gen 6:4  The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of man and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men who were of old, the men of renown. 
Gen 6:5  The LORD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every intention of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 
Gen 6:6  And the LORD regretted that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him to his heart. 
Gen 6:7  So the LORD said, “I will blot out man whom I have created from the face of the land, man and animals and creeping things and birds of the heavens, for I am sorry that I have made them.” 
Gen 6:8  But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

Keep in mind that it is supposed that Deamons are the sprites of the dead hi breads of the unholy union of fallen angels and women .

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The vast majority of the population on this planet disagrees with you.

Maybe you're missing something, OP?
edit on 3/24/17 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

There was a time when the vast majority of the population believed the Earth was flat. You do know the Earth is not flat don't you?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

No they didn't. Just stupid Europeans.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Appeals to popularity (Bandwagon appeals) don't make what you are saying true. Maybe just the majority of the population is being misled.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

A good portion of the world's population believe in divinity, a God but that doesn't equate into belief in the devil or Satan if you will.

They are not all Abrahamic religions and even those that are don't necessarily believe in a devil.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I think the majority of the population believes in Satan so they do not have to take personal responsibility as the main cause for all their own miseries. Satan is a much easier sell.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

As far as records show it was Europeans that figured it out first.

I can't speak of lost knowledge though.

It's the uneducated masses that believed the Earth may be flat, ironically it's religious people who most likely supported this thesis.

I'm not discrediting religion either, some of our best scientific discoveries were done due to the church in efforts to try and discredit.

It's a funny old world.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The story of God is a fairy tale. It would be much more interesting to argue if there is true evil in this world than the existence of a Demi-god that has had his image created by the Inferno a 14th century poem written by a man trying to push the church agenda.

Evil vs good in man. That argument wouldn't require religion. I understand where this thread is posted but it seems people like to post when they already think they have the answer Sussed.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

It's the uneducated masses that believed the Earth may be flat, ironically it's religious people who most likely supported this thesis.
I can say for a fact that there is a group of flat earthers who are not religious at least in the Biblical sense ,and are quite hostile towards Christians .

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join