It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Injectable Insulins are Amyloidogenic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Localized Insulin-Derived Amyloidosis

• All injectable insulins are amyloidogenic. In fact, it is the insulin itself that is amyloidogenic. We all know manmade insulin is made with E. coli or yeast, I am just referring to it as insulin in this post.

• Taken from the second publication below:

"The nature of amyloid in the insulin injection site is considered to be insulin itself and is identified as A-Ins type."

• Numerous publications, including several of these, suggests that:

—lipohypertrophy is actually commonly misdiagnosed as localized insulin-derived amyloidosis

• Note—The inhaled insulin I will be referring to as being non-amyloidogenic in this post is not Exubera. You can in fact find several studies published online that prove Exubera was also amyloidogenic.

• The signs and symptoms of localized insulin-derived amyloidosis:

1. Insulin resistance
2. Poor glycemic control
3. Increased insulin dosage requirements
4. Weight gain
5. Localized mass/nodule/lump at the site of injection (which often mimics the clinical presentation of lipohypertrophy)

• There is one published case report of a woman that actually developed diffuse cutaneous amyloidosis all over her body from injecting amyloidogenic insulin.

• These are just some of the publications online, not all of them. I wanted to post several to get the point across.

• The first published literature on this was in 1983 and is presented in this first publication below, and this was published merely one year after the FDA approved the first rDNA insulin. Something to note however, that in this study only the abstract is present, and I cannot find the full study.

Iatrogenic, insulin-dependent, local amyloidosis.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Insulin-derived amyloidosis

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Localized insulin-derived amyloidosis: A potential pitfall in the diagnosis of systemic amyloidosis by fat aspirate

onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

Nodular amyloidosis at the sites of insulin injections.

Localized insulin amyloidosis with use of concentrated insulin: a potential complication.

Insulin-derived amyloidosis and poor glycemic control: a case series.

www.amjmed.com...

Localized insulin-derived amyloidosis in patients with diabetes mellitus: a case report.

www.humanpathol.com...

Progressive insulin-derived amyloidosis in a patient with type 2 diabetes.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

A Case of Insulin Resistance Secondary to Insulin Induced Localized Cutaneous Amyloidosis.

www.bloodjournal.org...

Pharmaceutical amyloidosis associated with subcutaneous insulin and enfuvirtide administration.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Localized Amyloidosis at the Site of Repeated Insulin Injection in a Patient With Type 2 Diabetes

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Investigation of the kinetics of insulin amyloid fibrils formation

link.springer.com...

Human recombinant insulin and amyloidosis: an unexpected association

www.njmonline.nl...

Generating local amyloidosis in mice by the subcutaneous injection of human insulin amyloid fibrils

www.spandidos-publications.com...

• A longterm pulmonary study done on the inhaled insulin, Afrezza, showed no evidence of amyloid deposits in any portion of the respiratory tract. To date this is the only insulin I have found that does not have any evidence of being amyloidogenic.

LONG-TERM PULMONARY SAFETY ASSESSMENT OF AFREZZATM IN RATS AND DOGS.

—Page 179, #811

www.toxicology.org...

• This publication below goes into detail how injectable insulin is made, the manufacturing process, and discusses the impurities that are currently present in today's injectable insulins. This is just an inside look at one companies attempt to minimize the impurities in the already flawed and failed process.

Recombinant Glargine Insulin Production Process Using Escherichia coli

www.jmb.or.kr...

I have much more information I am willing to share depending on what kind of reception I receive from this. I realize this site likes to debate. I am more than willing to defend this.
edit on 24-3-2017 by M4ngo because: Fixed some typos

edit on 24-3-2017 by M4ngo because: Attempted to fix the links

edit on 24-3-2017 by M4ngo because: Fixed Links

edit on 24-3-2017 by M4ngo because: Fixed some links

edit on 24-3-2017 by M4ngo because: Fixed something

edit on 24-3-2017 by M4ngo because: Fixed something

edit on 24-3-2017 by M4ngo because:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I have diabetes 2 for at least 10 years-uncontrolled-causing stroke-heart attacks and all the nasties that go with it. I had a really hard time reading all the technical info you provided. It was just too much.

Could you please condense your info using terms I will be able to understand. I am insulin resistant/many meds I am on have made me gain weight-I am supremely frustrated right now because of so many diabetes-related issues.

Any help would be great appreciated-I just need to understand what you are saying. Thanks ever so much.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I started insulin last July and never heard of this but I will look into now, thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: M4ngo

Nice post. Thanks.

...I think one of the big problems with our system is that products must be "unique" to be patented - so companies tweak a molecule here and there (usually proteins) and change the 'natural' make-up. ...Ooops. Big consequences.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Justso

If you have type 2 diabetes then you wont be injecting insulin.

So this news doesn't apply to you, relax.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

No. I inject insulin 4 times a day. Done it for over 8 years. What made you think diabetes 2 dont inject insulin? Done it for over 8 years.
edit on 24-3-2017 by Justso because: (no reason given)

Just mind your own business. You are showing your ignorance.

So, despite shoving me aside with your lack of knowledge-my questions stand.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

My mother is also type 2 and she injects insulin also.

Also.. OP: Your post is very long and it's hard to digest and to be honest with you, I don't know the place to start..

What an amyloidosis is and why I should be concerned about it?

This just looks like a list of foreign languages to me.. sorry if I sound ignorant, but on the subject of medicines I truly am.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
You don't think they are going to give you something that cures you do you? That would be counterproductive for the medical and Pharma industry. It is better if it makes other problems so they can sell you more meds.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

Type 2 diabetics use injectable insulin everyday. Are you aware of what the algorithms are for managing T2D? It starts off with Metformin. Metformin is for another thread, however, Metformin causes a cascade of neurodegenerative processes within the brain, such as exacerbating Alzheimer's via promoting the generation of amyloid-β (a key pathological hallmark in Alzheimer's brains). Metformin also causes other classic neurodegenerative processes like, mitochondrial dysfunction, oxidative stress, and significantly reducing your exercise capacity (nearly immediate side effect. Ironically, exogenous insulin, which is Amyloidogenic, inhibits the oxidative stress that Metformin's causes, but that is as far as it goes with being anywhere near beneficial. Rememeber, diabetes is already causing oxidative stress within the body on its own. When Metformin doesn't work, a couple of different other pills are added in, then the injectable insulin. None of these diabetic drugs are safe. I don't want to stray too far, but one of the key players in all of these processes is the endocannabinoid system. It is in the islets of Langerhans, pancreatic b-cells, adipose tissue, everywhere. It regulates your endogenous insulin secretion. Guess what it does in the adipose tissue where fat is stored? The endocannabinoid system regulates the all the key processes and functions within your brain as well. Insulin resistance (the metabolic syndrome related kind, not the subcutaneous insulin induced kind) also happens in the brain. All of these processes are linked and are important. When a regulatory system in the body gets its ass kicked by pharmaceutical toxins, it is unable to exert its defense capabilities and becomes the mediator of disease and illness.

To the man or woman that asked about terminology simplified, please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to help you understand what is presented here. Make no doubt about it—the big three insulin cartels that are catching heat for insulin price fixing is only the surface. These companies control how the United States diabetes concensus statements are constructed and what information is available in them. These consensus statements are the recommended algorithms for clinicians to use in managing T1D and T2D. The recent 2017 T2D concensus statement reveals the Big Three in nearly every physicians financial disclosure in the publication. These physicians (speak/though leaders) are financial rewarded in more ways than is reported in the pharma-physician payment disclosure websites. These companies control how your disease is treated and managed and what and who receives money for research (to be published and used for the pharma companies own benefit, not the patient's)

Antidiabetic drug metformin (GlucophageR) increases biogenesis of Alzheimer's amyloid peptides via up-regulating BACE1 transcription

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Biological and biophysics aspects of metformin‐induced effects: cortex mitochondrial dysfunction and promotion of toxic amyloid pre‐fibrillar aggregates

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Metformin Facilitates Amyloid-β Generation by β- and γ-Secretases via Autophagy Activation

content.iospress.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Metformin is also an anticholine medicine, so it blocks choline which means acetylcholine is not produced. That is the reason it actually causes increased risk of alzheimer disease. Also, Folate metabolism is impared which can cause further problems with b12 utilization. That can make things worse.

It also causes people to get diarrhea and this causes them to poop out minerals. Potassium is lost which is needed for trafficing insulin from the pancrease. It also reduces zinc and magnesium, magnesium being needed in sugar metabolism and zinc being needed in the process of making insulin.

You seem to know quite a bit about this stuff, good to see people with interest in this kind of thing.
edit on 24-3-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

rDNA origin insulin is also lacking in C-Peptide, which has been proven in medical studies to PROMOTE complications of diabetes including circulation problems, neuropathy (nerve damage), retinopathy (blindness by allowing the retina to detach from the eye), and HYPOGLYCEMIA UNAWARENESS (seizures, and promotion of heart attack by continually releasing epinephrine into the blood stream, when a patient has a low blood sugar).

I want something that is true insulin if I'm going to be injecting it into my body! Pro-Insulin made in the normal humans' pancreas is insulin on two sides, connected to the Connecting Peptide, also known as C-Peptide. The truest test for diabetes is to test a patient for C-Peptide production. I bet if they put C-Peptide in the artificial insulin, it would keep long term well-controlled diabetics (less than 7.0 a1c) from ALSO getting the complications of diabetes, when they have "textbook perfect diabetes control".

I think at this point it is bordering on a crime against humanity. I am glad that you posted this thread, and I hope the studies with the inhaled insulin are true in preventing the formation of amyloid plaques! I saw you cited a specific medical study on rDNA Insulin Glargine (Lantus).

Is there a rapid-acting insulin that is inhale-able yet? Is there a long-acting insulin that is inhale-able yet? If they exist, please share the names of those products (if they've been approved by the FDA mafia yet). I will gladly talk to my doctor about switching to something that will work in the way you described!

They still need to be getting some of the medical research that's out there to the forefront and start getting people cured. I KNOW there is a way to cure type 1 diabetes. I hope I live to see it before Alzheimer's or some other fate from the complications from their superiorly inferior "medical management products".

I am sick and tired of hearing about an "artificial pancreas" that still depends on rDNA origin, and glucagon (very tough on the liver!) injections to "control" the blood sugar. That still will not get the c-peptide, so you will eventually have long-term well-controlled diabetics going blind and facing circulation problems and nerve damage, and dying of seizures from lack of hypoglycemia awareness! I was on 2 different companies' continuous glucose monitors in the past. Both were inferior products. There was so many times that I tested my blood to have it more than 50 points off of what the CGMS said! I also had one of the insulin pumps that was known for the "pump 'n dump" flaw that dumped between 25-50 units of U-100 fast-acting insulin into me - in my sleep! I had to be life-flown by aircraft to a hospital with better equipment to monitor my brain activity after the seizure! I almost didn't come back from that one, and others. Each day has gone by over the years with me wondering if I will wake up the next day, or end up in a vegetative state because of these problems.

I am actually ready to try one of the medical trials, if I can get the money to pay for the travel expenses and other associated costs. It's been over 30 years for me, and not a moment in life that I remember NOT being diabetic. The fact is that this disease needs to be CURED - post haste! I have heard of medical tourism (outside the USA) that claims to have reversed type 1 diabetes permanently. I will try that if my family ever wins the lottery or something like that! It's still risky, but look at the risks and side effects of taking their lab-brewed crap!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley

Sorry but you have got some bad info somewhere. I have been type 2 for 20+ years and took shots for 15 or so and have been on a insulin pump (omnipod) for 3 years and a cgm (dexcom) for 1 year and yes there is a lot of insulin involved. I don't understand all these fancy medical terms that's been described. If you don't have the disease then you just don't know what all is involved...

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Apologies, I'm no expert.

But, as a nurse, I've never known anyone with T2D to inject insulin.

Apparently it is sometimes necessary but it's rare. In Britain anyway.

It may be due to obesity levels in the US.

We're very much bronze medalists when it comes to obesity.

edit on 24.3.2017 by CJCrawley because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Is there a rapid-acting insulin that is inhale-able yet? Is there a long-acting insulin that is inhale-able yet? If they exist, please share the names of those products (if they've been approved by the FDA mafia yet). I will gladly talk to my doctor about switching to something that will work in the way you described
a reply to: InFriNiTee

Friend, yes, there is a rapid-acting INHALED insulin MONOMER that is non-amyloidogenic. It is called Afrezza. I linked the long-term study of it in the first post I made (second to last link I think). It is actually an ultra-rapid acting prandial insulin (they are working on a label change). It is an insulin monomer. It peaks in under 15 minutes and is out in around 3 hours. This insulin mimics the endogenous secretion of insulin in pancreas of a healthy non-diabetic during mealtime. It is made exactly how a mealtime insulin should be. If you are a T2D there is zero carb counting with this insulin. If you are a T1D your life will improve drastically. I have studied this insulin and the company that created it for over a year. The original patent it is based off of was originally designed as an anti-bioterrorism agent. The insulin, Afrezza, is composed of an novel inert excipient called fumaryl diketopiperazine (FDKP) and does not penetrate cellular membranes. It actually had to be approved as a NCE as well. They call it Technosphere insulin. The late founder and genius behind it all is Alfred E. Mann. He spent nearly a billion of his own money funding the company, MannKind, to create this insulin. Look him up, he is a remarkable soul. A true patient advocate and not a sell out. He is responsible for creating a lot of the solutions we have today that has filled incredibly debilitating conditions to fill those areas of medicine and sciences unmet needs. He was a genius and a true patient advocate for your chronic disease, diabetes. He devoted his life to helping others.
The inhaler can fit in your front shirt pocket. Remarkable. The best part is—your Endo will more than likely NOT prescribe it. If you want to try it I can get you in contact with the right person, maybe, or just demand it until you get it. The website has a "Find a Doctor" portal that you can search within your zipcode and find doctors that currently prescribe it. It will take some adjusting and getting used to compared to what you have been doing, but your injections will become zero if you are a T2D and become 1-2 if you are a T1D. I know some T1D that no longer even inject now. Imagine that. It can really happen. Will take dedication.

Diabetes is a debilitating disease for many people. My heart goes out to you all.
edit on 25-3-2017 by M4ngo because: No reason

edit on 25-3-2017 by M4ngo because: I am mango

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Welcome to American medicine. Yes, tons of T2D are injecting here unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Hmm. I am not so sure that is the main reason why it causes increased risk of AD. I think it is something else. Before I tell you what that something else is, here are the key things about Metformin.

• Metformin

—Metformin is a fluorescent molecule able to reach the brain

—Chronic metformin treatment stimulates APP processing mainly in brain cortex region

—Metformin induces accumulation of Aβ aggregates mainly in brain cortex region

—Metformin induces mitochondrial dysfunction by impairing MPT pores and membrane channels

—Metformin induces neuronal apoptosis

—Metformin directly interacts with Aβ peptide influencing its aggregation kinetics in vitro

—Metformin treatment changes the levels of expression of TOM40, VDAC1 and HKI, proteins involved in mitochondrial import and export of molecules and metabolites, in cortex region where Aβ aggregates are mainly present. Studies on human brain biopsies have demonstrated that TOM40 pore mediates the internalization of Aβ and APP

—Metformin Increases Aβ Generation

—Metformin Up-Regulates BACE1 Promoter Activity

—Metformin's Effect Is Independent of Glucose Metabolism and Insulin Signaling

—Metformin's Effect Is Mediated by Activation of the AMP Kinase (AMPK) in Vitro and in Vivo.

—Antagonizing Effect on Intracellular Aβ Generation

—Metformin induces APP expression and processing via oxidative stress

—Insulin plays a protective role against metformin by oxidative stress inhibition

—Metformin triggers APP and presenilin via NFκB activation

Now, what do I think? Metformin destroys the ECS in the brain, which is the regulatory system of all physiological processes. Metformin induces oxidative stress, causes neuronal death, increases amyloid precursor proteins and presenilin which cause aggregation of beta-amyloid. Amyloid precursor proteins are the main components of amyloid plaques found in the brains of Alzheimer's patients.

If you do have a convincing article please share it with me. I want to learn and would like to know what you are

Cheers, m

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
web.williams.edu...

www.consultant360.com...

neuroscience.uth.tmc.edu... This one is pretty good.

What you are saying and what I am saying are almost the same thing. I am just looking for the reason why it is happening. You need to have CoA working too, that requires adequate molybdenum uptake. I am just looking at things from a different standpoint. Here is an article that is relevant, I studied this chemical and it is natural and it does work similar to metformin. www.life-enhancement.com... Here is another article with test results, and the natural supplement seems to have some added benefits. www.naturalmedicinejournal.com...

There is a list of medicines that promote acetylcholinesterase. This means they lower acetylcholine. Pesticides are inhibitors of acetylcholinesterase, so they raise acetylcholine too high and that can lead to parkinsons. www.dailymail.co.uk... g.html

I do not know if there will be similar problems with berberine. I know that Metformin blocks folate metabolism and consequently it blocks B12 which is necessary to stop deterioration of nerve cells. So Metformin should only be used as a temporary medicine. It has similar actions to taurine. Here is some research from Springer on that. link.springer.com... Note. too much taurine is also not good, it is a powerful medicine and can cause hypoglycemia.

I try to hack pharma and find natural ways to do things better, I research where they derive their products from. They cannot patent a natural chemical so they refine it or change it a little to make patent-able medicines. The natural medicines sometimes have the same problems as the Pharma medicines, I have not evaluated these chemistries I have just given example of. If I had diabetes, I would research and test these things, but I actually have Hypoglycemia and I have researched these things to make sure I don't get a hypoglycemic event and avoid them. WHO actually includes taurine as an essential medicine for diabetes, it is a medicine in Europe from what I read. Does it have the same negative effects you stated about metformin? I don't know.

Nice chatting with you, now I am going to go look back at your post and research what is the possible related cause of the things you mentioned. I would bet it is because of the antifolate activity of metformin. www.docphin.com... te-activity

So basically, Metformin use can also increase your susceptibility of cancer. Fix one thing and cause another problem. No wonder Big Pharma is getting rich. I learned about metformin by the name glycophage. Until a friend of mine start taking it, I did not realize it was the same thing.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Nice, thanks man. Will look at these links when I get off work. Feel free to share anything interesting you find or come across.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Here are some links that cover the things I listed on Metformin

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

ac.els-cdn.com...

content.iospress.com...

m.pnas.org...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: M4ngo

Nice, thanks man. Will look at these links when I get off work. Feel free to share anything interesting you find or come across.

I'm really impressed with the tie in of the OP with the endocannabinoids. I didn't realize that all cells actually have receptors for endocannabinoids. I learned something important now. Cannabinoids are actually found in small amounts in many things in the plant world. Actually it is part of their plant defense chemistry, one humans have evolved to need it appears.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join