It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Bad Is It For Trumpcare and the Republican Party

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Obamacare is a legacy like cancer is a legacy. We might survive it, but regardless, we'll never be the same.

The only problem is that what about the millions it actually helped..lives saved, bankruptcy's avoided. I realize there are a lot of problems with it but for millions Obamacare was life changing in a good way. Are those millions less important than the millions it harmed with increased premiums? Or, are they equally as important as each other?

How about the millions that were harmed by Obamacare?

That's what I'm saying. If I've got Millions of people that were helped and millions of people that were hurt, who's more important? They're equal, right?

Yes and for all that their were what 35million that still couldn't get anything with O care.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

The democrats and leftists can certainly celebrate today.
This exposed the ####stained republicans in the House and Senate.

Well, that's kind of it, isn't it? How much money did the GOP waste in trying to shut down the ACA? Seriously...how much? And now that they have the ball in their court, they are all surprised that they are being expected to come up with a product that will adequately serve the needs of the American people.

They have been totally busted in playing the 'Politics of No'. Any idiot can complain...but these clowns have been tasked with coming up with solutions and totally failed. Shame on them. You folks deserve better...and better IS out there!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat
No, that's not how they work. As you pay for services toward your deductible amount your insurer pays an increasing percentage of the bill. It's not a 'you need to pay for $6,000 of medical expenses and THEN we'll start covering you' kinda thing. Do you even have health insurance?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

Obamacare is a legacy like cancer is a legacy. We might survive it, but regardless, we'll never be the same.

The only problem is that what about the millions it actually helped..lives saved, bankruptcy's avoided. I realize there are a lot of problems with it but for millions Obamacare was life changing in a good way. Are those millions less important than the millions it harmed with increased premiums? Or, are they equally as important as each other?

That's what I'm saying. If I've got Millions of people that were helped and millions of people that were hurt, who's more important? They're equal, right?

Yes and for all that their were what 35million that still couldn't get anything with O care.

Obamacare is way more successful than it is detremental

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Depends on, like anything else, where you are standing when you look at it.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508\\

About to ask you the same thing.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
More Americans Have Been Harmed by Obamacare Than Helped

townhall.com...

an interesting article for anyone interested.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Dude the problem with the health care programs is that someone has to carry the load one way or another. They can only screw the middle class several ways and raise the poverty level......in the state a staggering 35,000$ on the backs of the mules. All these bills do is keep the money going to the moneyed, screw the middle class and make a feather bed for the "poor".

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
a reply to: DBCowboy

The reality is that obamacare has resulted in millions having healthcare coverage that otherwise wouldn't have, including those with preexisting conditions...

Any repeal that eliminates any of that and the GOP will have daily horror stories in the news of people denied treatment, or delayed, along with emotional stories and all of it will be blamed on them, no one wants to have to deal with that fallout in future elections.

Damned if they do or don't, and the ACA was designed that way intentionally.

Crafty of the left.

And pretty evil also.

I have to wonder what day it was that healthcare stopped being a personal responsibility.

LOL! WHen medicine became a big old for $ deal, Dr so and so wanted a gulf font villa, ect, ect. AND, AND, understanding that they needed the government to step in and make it so......oh and not to mention their pals in the insurance world.

The free market does NOT control medical costs.
edit on 24-3-2017 by Logarock because: n

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

Depends on, like anything else, where you are standing when you look at it.

True
I side with saving lives than stuffing the pockets of the rich.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   

More Americans Have Been Harmed by Obamacare Than Helped

townhall.com...

an interesting article for anyone interested.

that includes people who did not want healthcare but were forced to get it, that does not necessarily harm them (it actually helps them).

It has saved lives more than taken lives. It actually has taken NO lives and saved lots.

Maybe a few dummies who didnt want healthcare felt threatened and think it harmed them bc they had less money...but do they really count?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

You cant say that it has taken no lives.

Unless you know Everything. Then I apologize.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

You cant say that it has taken no lives.

Unless you know Everything. Then I apologize.

i just havn't heard of it taking lives, and I cannot see HOW it can possibly kill someone...that is what I go on.

Heres some more insight on why republicans think the ACA is bad BAD! even though it is successful.

Basically, the rich dont want to pay for the poor's healthcare...thats it...sigh

www.washingtonpost.com... 4dd77ce

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

So if millions are helped by getting rid of Obamacare, then that would be wonderful also.

That's the problem, right? Why can't we help everyone? It also seems that taking away Obama care would actually make people lose their insurance but keeping it would just raise some premiums? That doesn't seem like a fair trade to me.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I hope this is a trend with the GOP actually caring about their constituents and not bending over for the Corporate oligarchy.

They better if they want to keep their jobs.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

I don't want to pay for anyone else's healthcare.

I don't want to buy other people cars, I don't want to buy other people houses either.

I've googled plenty of articles that point out the deaths and detriment because of Obamacare, but feel that I would be wasting even more of my time posting it.

Obamacare is the advent to socialized medicine.

Replacing Obamacare is jut a republican version of socialized medicine.

You'll probably get your ####ing socialized medicine. And I'll be ####ing paying for it.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

And isn't healthcare for everyone a fundamental right? Yeah it's not laid out like that in the constitution but would you want a family member that got sick to be treated? Or would you just let them die if they couldn't afford life saving surgery?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I don't want to buy other people cars, I don't want to buy other people houses either.

I've googled plenty of articles that point out the deaths and detriment because of Obamacare, but feel that I would be wasting even more of my time posting it.

You'll probably get your ####ing socialized medicine. And I'll be ####ing paying for it.

That's where you're wrong though. I've been paying taxes and insurance for decades. If I get sick and get healthcare. I deserve it. You're not paying for my healthcare I've already paid for it over my lifetime again and again and again.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

thats just the thing Cowboy, you arent.

That mentality is very sad and miserable.

Taxes are NOT your money. I dont know if you are poor or rich or middle class, but its very selfish to think that you own your taxes. If you do not like the way the gov't spends taxes (money we pay to live here), then go to another country. We have it good in America, you have to pay to live here. Its NOT your money, sorry.

Thats like me saying I have to pay for a wall I dont want...nope, I dont feel that way. Its annoying and If I were president I would put it to better use...but Im not going to get miserable over it and want people to just die instead of having good healthcare.

its NOT your money, its the price you pay to be an American, so there...if you dont have to worry about paying for others...then doesnt that make you feel better? Wouldnt want a stronger healthier nation? Or would you rather keep that $3-12 mo and just be a miserable person.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Bull.

If Obamacare gets replaced by the republican version of Obamacare, then it's just ####ing socialized ####ing medicine under a different ####ing name.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join