It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Bad Is It For Trumpcare and the Republican Party

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Look on the bright side, OP, the new act defunds Planned Parenthood.

The rest of it...well the adjustment to remove mandated cover is a good step....but other than that... meh.

edit on 24/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am in all honesty hoping that Trump's ultimatum comes from him wanting a vote right now because so many are saying they will vote no. Please vote no and get this garbage out of here. Please take more then a week to think of what to actually create in it's place. Do some testing, create focus groups, ask and listen to the damn people for once.

I know this won't happen and we will probably get some earmarked piece of trash that also will not work, but again I have a small hope Trump actually does know what he is doing, and that rushing the vote will cause it to be shot down instead of it getting dragged along and the lobbyists getting their time in to get the votes they need.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Paul Ryan at Whitehouse now. Bad news?
It's probably not going to pass so the question is pull the bill and try again or let the vote go and fail to pass?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: jtma508

People without insurance or the means to otherwise pay don't get preventative, routine healthcare. So when they DO show up at a hospital ER they are in far worse condition than they would be otherwise.

People who have a $6000 deductible on their insurance don't get preventative care ether.

Looks like the ACA failed in its goal then.

Im, I did not say that, you quoted me saying something i did not ever say...FAKE NEWS

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

What do you mean by "let the vote go and fail to pass"?

They already tried to pass it yesterday and it failed. They are trying again today in hopes that 20 or so republicans will change their minds.

Don said that if it fails again then we are stuck with Obamacare (i guess he meant it as a threat) and he has already threatened the 20 or so republicans that voted "no" with their jobs in 2018.

I guess he wants the senators to work for him instead of their constituents

edit on 24-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

What I asked is the choice. Do you think one American should have the choice to pay for anothers health insurance.

Who is to say you have ever paid for anothers healthcare? Nobody gets a detailed list as to what the taxes they pay in is being spent on.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

the thing is, I find myself doubting if trump understands just what is in the bill, weather he cares or not, I have no idea..
the more time that goes by, the more I think that maybe the people around him and advising him are giving him a bunch of bull thinking that he's a big enough idiot to not get a clue anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

i think the same exact!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes women going without healthcare is a great thing isn't it?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

it will also go back to the time where having insurance that covers maternity care was more expensive...
heck it will probably cause more abortions since hey, women will find that their insurance won't cover delivering the child and it sure as heck is cheaper to abort a child than it is to actually have to cover the full cost of delivering a child!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
republicans want poor people to die instead of giving them healthcare....how much clearer can that be...that money saved, is slated to go to the top 1% in massive tax cuts....they don't care about you, they don't care about the poor, they don't care how much you bitch, they care about their own enrichment. they want you to have a job that pays you just enough so you can come back to work tomorrow......

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Well, clearly not all republicans, but yes, you are correct.

Its so obvious which party is corrupt and which party is compassion.

Its disgusting to be so "out of site out of mind" selfish.

I am also not saying that all democrats are "compassion".

The majority of compassion lays on the left and corruption lays on the right.

Its so obvious, in politics, in real life, in everything that goes on.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Pretty amazing day if you like Politics and democracy.
Watching the vote process in the House today is fantastic. Democracy in action - no partisanship, just a party debating within itself on the right course of action. The only shame is that the debate is being held with 55% or so of the house, with the other 45% basing their approach on partisan politics.
edit on 24/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Sad day for Mr. Trump and the Republican leadership in the House.

As Sean Spicer said "Mr. Trump left everything he had on the table."

I guess we will see if we've gone from "The Art of the Deal" to "Deal/No Deal"

Vote at 3:30 it seems.
edit on 24-3-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I guess we've gone from "The Art of the Deal" to "Deal/No Deal"

and let's remember that those "tax cuts" coming are going to be signed off on by...sec. treas, munchkin...sec. commerce, ross...and POTUS....all billionaires....so can anyone guess who will get the majority of those tax cuts?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I guess we've gone from "The Art of the Deal" to "Deal/No Deal"

and let's remember that those "tax cuts" coming are going to be signed off on by...sec. treas, munchkin...sec. commerce, ross...and POTUS....all billionaires....so can anyone guess who will get the majority of those tax cuts?

Hmmm.

I'm going with "the Billionaires" for $500 Alex ... and also Trump who may or may not still be a Billionaire.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes women going without healthcare is a great thing isn't it?

Didn't you hear? Being female is now a 'pre-existing condition'!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Who is to say you have ever paid for anothers healthcare? Nobody gets a detailed list as to what the taxes they pay in is being spent on.

Well someone is certainly paying for it...
Or have you forgot goods and services actually cost money?

Yes women going without healthcare is a great thing isn't it?Text

Your virtue signaling won't work here. Because most of us are educated to the fact planned parenthood mainly does referrals for just about everything but abortions. Trying to suggest women would be without healthcare here is a weak argument when defending planned parenthood. Which by the way is a business more than a medical clinic, and their business is mainly performing abortions for lower income individuals.

Personally I'm NOT okay with seeing my tax dollars pay go to a business for the bad decisions of irresponsible people. Much like offering universal healthcare to a nation of unhealthy overweight out of shape slob's. Just doesn't make sense to me. Perhaps we should first try and educate people that it's not acceptable to be so LIBERAL with everything. That it's not acceptable to shove anything you want in your face or stick it where ever you want without any repercussions.

The fact that I(a classical liberal) actually sound conservative here shows how far you regressive's have veered off course.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If the American Health Care Act dies, it will hurt Republicans far worse than President Trump. Their credibility will be shot.

As for Trump, that would be only one campaign promise that doesn't get fulfilled. He's ready to move on to things that improve the quality of life for all Americans.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I dont think he cares about fulfilling every promise, i think he just wants to look like he tried.

he doesnt really have the power to do whatever he wants bc...checks & balances

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join