It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Bad Is It For Trumpcare and the Republican Party

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I said this a long time ago and will repeat it here. The GOP has had 8+ years to come up with a better plan. They were energetically opposed to the ACA before ink even hit paper. They did everything they could to derail it, decry it, distort it (remember Palin's 'death squads?). They did NOT want it to pass. They had 8+ years to come up with a better plan and had the benefit of seeing what did and didn't work in the ACA over those years to help refine their plan. But when they got their chance what did they have? Nothing, nada, bupkiss. They bitched and moaned like little children but never even tried to design a better plan.

So their big opportunity to 'show them Democrats' arrives and they throw together some half-assed 'plan' that no one can get behind. They shot themselves in the Johnson for everyone to see. Idiots. So they're going to do exactly what I said they were going to do: they're going to jigger around a few components to give the illusion of changes and rebrand the ACA as Trumpcare. They're just going to put Trump's name on someone else's work like another luxury apartment building. Mark my words.

edit on 24-3-2017 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-3-2017 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
But I sure am tired of being in perfect health with unaffordable healthcare costs.

No worries mate, Karma has a way of helping you out there.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Don't you think one American should have a choice if they should pay for anothers health insurance? Do you like high priced pharmaceuticals?

I have to say that's rather selfish of you to say that, you should show compassion for everyone

I have paid into the NHS all my working life and only once have I used them when my daughter was borne and I am happy that I contribute to others who need treatment

You are being ripped off by your system, the prices you can pay are insane and it needs fixing

You can say whatever you wish, it is all subjective.

Point is, it is not up to me or you or the government to force anyone else to pay for a service they don't want.

its about morals and you seem to have none

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
I said this a long time ago and will repeat it here. The GOP has had 8+ years to come up with a better plan. They were energetically opposed to the ACA before ink even hit paper. They did everything they could to derail it, decry it, distort it (remember Palin's 'death squads?). They did NOT want it to pass. They had 8+ years to come up with a better plan and had the benefit of seeing what did and didn't work in the ACA over those years to help refine their plan. But when they got their chance what did they have? Nothing, nada, bupkiss. They bitched and moaned like little children but never even tried to design a better plan.

So their big opportunity to 'show them Democrats' arrives and they throw together some half-assed 'plan' that no one can get behind. They shot themselves in the Johnson for everyone to see. Idiots. So they're going to do exactly what I said they were going to do: they're going to jigger around a few components to give the illusion of changes and rebrand the ACA as Trumpcare. They're just going to put Trump's name on someone else's work like another luxury apartment building. Mark my words.

this deserves to be repeated, now back to watching the clown show

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

No universal helath care in China, they use a combination of western and non dualistic medicine.
The death rates in China are 7.44 per thousand VS 8.15 per thousand in the United States.

mortality rates/national karma

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

They are the dog that caught the car. Now what?
And as mentioned, the elephant in the room is the insurance industry. Eliminate them from public health care, and the narrative changes:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

you do, and some others do, seem to imply it. we should concentrate on getting people to eat healthy first... right?
just like some seem to want to paint the poor as these unhealthy eaters who are visiting mc donalds every day...
well, I got news for you dear, I ate alot healthier when I could stand longer than five minutes in the kitchen preparing meals than I am now where I am relying more and more on simple easy food that I can just throw in the oven, set the timer, and drag it out when the timer says it's done! and the main reason I am doing that is because of the health problems that are left undiagnosed and untreated...
the only silver lining I see in the cloud above my head is that I can no longer work, so I can sit back and feel a little better that less of my money is being used to pay the medical care of the child who's mother is rushing her into the doctor every time they have a sniffle, for her peace of mind of course! of course, if the republicans had there way and went to block grants for medicaid to the states, more than likely I would start hearing how all these taxes and fees the state and county have need to raise to help fund medicaid again, which will cause me to visit the second hand stores more often to avoid paying the tax as much as I can.... which is kind of a shame since I've gotten in a habit of ordering some stuff from wal mart online... just to avoid having to walk through the stores! heck after going through almost a year with absolutely no income, selling off everything I could just to survive and finding out that there was just about no assistance available to me from the gov't.... at this point, I'd probably consider giving my car to one of my sons with the agreement that he runs me to the store once a week to avoid paying the costs associated with having a car if they decided to hike those up for medicaid funds.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Obamacare gave government control over 1/6th of the US economy.

Even republicans don't want to give up that much power and control.

It just shows that republicans are just as evil and corrupt as democrats.

Get rid of al of the worthless bastards!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

We're not going to pick on looks are we? Really?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

American taxpayers pay the unpaid hospital bills. Wouldn't it be better to have everyone insured and wind up with a healthier population?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

We're not going to pick on looks are we? Really?

What's left? The actual merits of either plan only get you so far.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: trb71

What gets me is that they had seven years to come up with something. We've heard Paul Ryan saying it over and over that for seven years they've been trying to repeal the affordable care act. Why in all that time did they not draft a good replacement plan? They should have had a flawless plan by now. But they don't because they only want to repeal Obama care they're not interested in getting health care for the poor.
My husband and I pay eight thousand a year. Do you think the average American has that? We're empty nesters our kids are all grown. We are not old. Or sickly.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

There's an oxymoron for you. Trump and care together.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

Well in that case they mean bigot. Not racist.
He's both.
Multi offensive.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

And as mentioned, the elephant in the room is the insurance industry. Eliminate them from public health care, and the narrative changes:

A-Freakin'-Men!

This is not 'repeal.' It is not 'replace.' It is not 'repeal and replace.' It is 'stop requiring abortion coverage and give money to the states.'

It does not remove the individual mandate, nor does it address medical costs, nor does it guarantee healthcare. It's reprocessed, rebranded Obamacare, designed to provide insurance-care, not healthcare.

I support Trump. I like his immigration plan, I'm looking forward to the wall, I love his attitude toward trade, I like his attention toward the VA issues, and I'm excited about rebuilding infrastructure and curbing corruption. But on healthcare? So far Ryan is proving to be clueless about what the people want, and Trump has hitched his wagon to a boat anchor.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   
One thing that no one seems to get is WHY the ACA was developed to begin with. This wasn't a new initiative. Washington has been struggling with this for decades. The primary reason that ACA or something like it was needed was to save hospitals from having to absorb huge amounts of unpaid treatment. This financial burden was causing an increasing and alarming number of hospitals --- particularly in rural and lower-economic areas to fail and close forcing people to seek medical treatment at unrealistically great distances. People without insurance or the means to otherwise pay don't get preventative, routine healthcare. So when they DO show up at a hospital ER they are in far worse condition than they would be otherwise. That means more extensive and expensive treatment that the hospital absorbs.

Insurance companies have developed a billing coding system that covers every medical procedure. And they have decided on what they will pay for each one. So hospitals, for the most part, cannot simply raise their rates to cover their losses like a normal business. Again, because the insurance industry tells them what they can charge. The hospital has to go after the patient for the difference.

The idea behind ACA was to get everyone into the insured pool. Younger, healthier people that tend to use medical services less frequently would help offset those who need it more bringing the median cost more to the middle an alleviating the burden on the hospitals. Unfortunately, powerful insurance lobbyists made sure to get in there to turn this into a gravy train and the wealthy didn't want to have to pay more to help cover people less well-off. And now we're in this political crap storm cause no one gives a rats ass about anyone but themselves.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

One thing that no one seems to get is WHY the ACA was developed to begin with. This wasn't a new initiative. Washington has been struggling with this for decades. The primary reason that ACA or something like it was needed was to save hospitals from having to absorb huge amounts of unpaid treatment. This financial burden was causing an increasing and alarming number of hospitals --- particularly in rural and lower-economic areas to fail and close forcing people to seek medical treatment at unrealistically great distances. People without insurance or the means to otherwise pay don't get preventative, routine healthcare. So when they DO show up at a hospital ER they are in far worse condition than they would be otherwise. That means more extensive and expensive treatment that the hospital absorbs.

Insurance companies have developed a billing coding system that covers every medical procedure. And they have decided on what they will pay for each one. So hospitals, for the most part, cannot simply raise their rates to cover their losses like a normal business. Again, because the insurance industry tells them what they can charge. The hospital has to go after the patient for the difference.

The idea behind ACA was to get everyone into the insured pool. Younger, healthier people that tend to use medical services less frequently would help offset those who need it more bringing the median cost more to the middle an alleviating the burden on the hospitals. Unfortunately, powerful insurance lobbyists made sure to get in there to turn this into a gravy train and the wealthy didn't want to have to pay more to help cover people less well-off. And now we're in this political crap storm cause no one gives a rats ass about anyone but themselves.

Finally, someone that gets it...Please read...let it sink in.

If you are a Christian, do what Jesus would do.

The out of site out of mind mentality is very...umm...NOT what Jesus would have done.

One way to help you out of your evil ways...learn compassion...broaden your mind...be a better person!

Quit thinking about yourself all the time.

And if you just can't help it, you must only think about what is good for yourself...then let this sink in...

If the poor is not covered, there will be more diseases to arise that may sink into your circle, your family, even...(gasp)...you!

Everyone must be covered, a healthier nation is a stronger nation.

QUIT THINKING ABOUT YOURSELVES (or think about how the sick poor can contaminate you if they are not healthy)

I suggest to just learn compassion
edit on 24-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
History repeating itself.

It took Obama four reschedulings to get the ACA passed. His [Supper] majority in Congress wouldn't pass it and fought with each other over everything... including the bill not being liberal enough [wackos who didnt know how the economy works]. And an opposition who was quickly becoming known as the party of NO; who would rather score cheap political points than do the countries business.

And at the end of all this Washington drama the people were shafted, but Obama still won a second term.

Sounds good for Trump bad for the American people.
edit on 24-3-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

People without insurance or the means to otherwise pay don't get preventative, routine healthcare. So when they DO show up at a hospital ER they are in far worse condition than they would be otherwise.

People who have a $6000 deductible on their insurance don't get preventative care ether.

Looks like the ACA failed in its goal then.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Double post

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join