It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Bad Is It For Trumpcare and the Republican Party

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SaturnFX

I get what your saying but keeping in mind that we are not a nation of villages, our supplies come from somewhere that needs those roads. I mean unless your completely self sufficient, there is a reason why we all should chip in for roads. However I don't think the same about auto registration. Slush tax if you ask me.

Healthy body, active citizen
active citizen, working citizen
working citizen, more taxes
more taxes, more roads.

It all connects. the workforce needs to be strong for a nation to succeed. Show me a sick nation and in turn, you will be showing me a broke nation.

If that were the direction then lets start with the basics. Healthy food, water and air. I shouldn't be able to buy a cheesburger for cheaper that a glass/bottle/cup of water. Let's work on the elimination of massive need for healthcare and insurance as opposed to dumping taxpayer money into an already thriving industry.

But no.

Treat the symptom across the board.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

It was Obama care that made it happen. It made it a law. What you are bringing up is a law that has been on the books for ages. Just more money out of the pockets of the working man. Not the million airs. They can afford it. The working man can't.

Yes, health insurance cost money
doctor bills cost a hell of a lot more if you dont have health insurance.

in todays industrious society, issues that killed you before can now be treated..this is a good thing..also means treatment though, and that costs money.
hey, in a few years, the life expectancy is meant to hit to in our 90s..thats pretty good. go science and such, but thats not done through happy thoughts and sunshine..thats modern medicine, and that also means for all our cool advances, it is gonna cost the collective in a bit of brow sweat. hardly the drumbeats of communism, but it is a bit of collectivism that will be needed as we progress further into bettering our species / nation / whatever.

or we can just drop back into a early death for anyone not rich

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That is a poor supposition. No one knows if their healthcare is going to pay for themselves or others until after the fact. You also have it wrong. You pay for healthcare when you are young and not as likely to need it, so it will be there when you are old and do need it. You are not paying more to take care of others, just your actuarial portion of lifetime care. I think anyone should be able to opt out but if they want to get insurance in the future they pay a penalty if less than perfect health.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

I'm nonpartisan and go after blatant two party people. That being said.

Obama bombed more countries than Bush.

Obama went after more journalists for the espionage act than any administration prior times three.

Obama increased defense funding.

Obama essentially helped insurance companies and big pharma with Obama care.

Obama bailed out the banks.

Obama increased surveillance on citizens.

Keep up the rhetoric and I'll trash any president you ask me, they're all clowns.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sligtlyskeptical

That is a poor supposition. No one knows if their healthcare is going to pay for themselves or others until after the fact. You also have it wrong. You pay for healthcare when you are young and not as likely to need it, so it will be there when you are old and do need it. You are not paying more to take care of others, just your actuarial portion of lifetime care. I think anyone should be able to opt out but if they want to get insurance in the future they pay a penalty if less than perfect health.

So by that logic (which I'm not really disagreeing on) it is a gamble and not any sort of assurance or investment. Same with social security and we all know the flaws in that program. See where this is going?

Exactly my point in participating in this thread:

I think anyone should be able to opt out

We should have never been mandated or forced a penalty to do otherwise.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Yes, health insurance cost money doctor bills cost a hell of a lot more if you dont have health insurance.

And they cost even more when you can't afford the healthcare in the first place, but you are forced to have it. When everyone is forced to have it, but not everyone is forced to pay for it that is discrimination. I thought you was against that.

in todays industrious society, issues that killed you before can now be treated..this is a good thing..also means treatment though, and that costs money. hey, in a few years, the life expectancy is meant to hit to in our 90s..thats pretty good.

Who can afford to live that long? The one's that do not pay for it. The others will be working themselves to death. So no. that is not pretty good.

go science and such, but thats not done through happy thoughts and sunshine..thats modern medicine, and that also means for all our cool advances, it is gonna cost the collective in a bit of brow sweat.

Wrong again. Not the collective, just the workers, who can't even afford their own health plan, let alone use it.

hardly the drumbeats of communism, but it is a bit of collectivism that will be needed as we progress further into bettering our species / nation / whatever.

No in communism everyone that can work would, so it would be better under communism than Obama care, for the workers anyway. Collectivism is the running force of Communism.

or we can just drop back into a early death for anyone not rich

Or just admit that Obamacare is one of the worst idea's to ever come from our government, and press forward to fix it.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Most people don't understand what the # is going on. Read this and you'll understand everything.

Conservative Treehouse

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Or just admit that Obamacare is one of the worst idea's to ever come from our government, and press forward to fix it.

I guess you could ask this guy to say that
Cancer survivor from the ACA

Or this republican woman
Cancer makes you rethink things

Worst idea that keeps people alive isn't that bad of an idea.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

That would depend on their quality of life. People were saved from dying before Obamacare came along.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

That would depend on their quality of life. People were saved from dying before Obamacare came along.

That..what?
I guess you aren't in the mood to discuss if you thought that is somehow a good counter...

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

That..what? I guess you aren't in the mood to discuss if you thought that is somehow a good counter...

So you don't consider quality of life as a factor to whether it is best to be alive or dead? I do suppose that would be an individuals choice, but still sound and merited. People where saved from death before Obamacare. So yes it is a counter, you just don't like it as one.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The extreme right (in politics and real life) are a total clown show. It was scary at first but now that they do not have the support of thier own party I can finally sit back and enjoy the show.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Don't you think one American should have a choice if they should pay for anothers health insurance? Do you like high priced pharmaceuticals?

I have to say that's rather selfish of you to say that, you should show compassion for everyone

I have paid into the NHS all my working life and only once have I used them when my daughter was borne and I am happy that I contribute to others who need treatment

You are being ripped off by your system, the prices you can pay are insane and it needs fixing

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whereismypassword

Don't you think one American should have a choice if they should pay for anothers health insurance? Do you like high priced pharmaceuticals?

I have to say that's rather selfish of you to say that, you should show compassion for everyone

I have paid into the NHS all my working life and only once have I used them when my daughter was borne and I am happy that I contribute to others who need treatment

You are being ripped off by your system, the prices you can pay are insane and it needs fixing

You can say whatever you wish, it is all subjective.

Point is, it is not up to me or you or the government to force anyone else to pay for a service they don't want.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
There are certain things we all have to chip in for. The health of all Americans should be one of those things just like the roads you drive on and the military that protects you. Trumpcare fails on several levels including the loss of jobs in the medical industry.

If you right wingers are so "pro-life," this should be a no brainer that we need healthcare coverage for all. Right?

My family is my problem. You and your family is your problem not mine. Call it harsh...I don't care. But I sure am tired of being in perfect health with unaffordable healthcare costs. It's not my fault half of America lives off McDonalds.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

You should really be careful with talk like that. Boomerang. My husband poured and mucked concrete for over 40 yrs, union laborer. He use to see sick people the same way as you. Until one day at 63 he woke up and couldn't walk, then his lungs went paralyzed, he was on life support for 6 weeks. We lost everything. He couldn't take of his family paralyzed. Didn't see that one coming.

edit on 24-3-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Do you think one American should have the choice to pay for anothers health insurance.

do you think that americans who can't even afford their HEALTHCARE, weather insured or not, should have the choice about paying for another's healthcare...
how many republicans will bodly stand up and call for the ending of medicaid and chips? no, they are all quick to ensure us all that they would never take the assistance from the "poorest among us". we los that choice you speak of long ago!

our biggest mistake in our approach to this problem is to think that that big multibillion elephant standing between us and our healthcare call health insurance industry can be part of the solution!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

society was perfectly fine at taxing the heck out of my family, all the while claiming the additional revenue was needed to prop up medicaid. while this was going on, I was watching my ability to walk diminish more and more. my medical bills go to the point where they didn't leave enough money to even pay for the gas to get to work! society didn't give a darn about that...
so don't act like you give a darn now when you want to control what I eat or drink, or smoke, or whatever, claiming my habits are costing you money because they are increasing you healthcare costs...
I don't have any healthcare costs, because people like you have such a narrow view as to who should receive the gov't aid that it ends up only covering a small percentage of those who need the help.

edit on 24-3-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't have any healthcare costs, because people like you have such a narrow view as to who should receive the gov't aid that it ends up only covering a small percentage of those who need the help.

Where exactly is it stated where I want any control over what you do?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

That..what? I guess you aren't in the mood to discuss if you thought that is somehow a good counter...

So you don't consider quality of life as a factor to whether it is best to be alive or dead? I do suppose that would be an individuals choice, but still sound and merited. People where saved from death before Obamacare. So yes it is a counter, you just don't like it as one.

Dude..these people (I linked 2 stories) survived cancer..they were able to afford the treatments after being told they are basically dead.
they are happy
I am gonna qualify that as high Effin quality of life.

Yeah, and people survived from nasty things before modern medicine also..thats not saying therefore dismantle modern medicine.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join