It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Bad Is It For Trumpcare and the Republican Party

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I banter with lots of people on this board. You seem to be the victim of a red state. You would have probably qualified for medicaid if they would have expanded it.

Even if you didnt qualify and you are making too much money...it would have been more affordable if they would have expanded it.

I know you say republican/democrat doesnt really matter, but your vote counts. I would hate to see someone complaining about health insurance prices in a red state that voted in their republican governor.

but you may live in a blue state or a red state the DID expand medicaid. If this is true, you are the first I have heard of with this issue.

You can PM me if you want to tell me what state you live in and Im sorry that you are a victim of this bull sh#
edit on 30-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2017 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Yes, clearly we see things differently because I do not equate having health insurance to having health care. I don't have health care insurance and yet I get health care on a regular basis. The young people of which I spoke get health care. They are healthy---a yearly check-up that costs less than $200 confirms that. So why should they be forced to pay $200/month for services they do not use? Why are they being charged for maternity coverage when pregnancy is a medical impossibility?

And again, stop blaming it on Republican governors. Our governor was one of the first to jump on the Obamacare train. Our state is in worse shape now and facing horrid budget deficits over the next four years. The problem is that the whole thing was crafted by the insurance companies. Exactly the same problem as that crazy bill the Republicans offered.

I am in no way miserable. I work on a weekly basis to help those who would fall between the cracks get the health care they need. I just think that if I'm going to talk the talk, I need to be walking the walk. Instead of begging politicians to fix something that they can't even begin to fix, some people decide to do what must be done to fix the problem. In our county, it was to establish a free clinic for people who don't have insurance. At the time we set it up we had no idea that we would be serving outlaws in a few years! A lot has changed since 1999 but our patient visits haven't dropped off at all. Not even with the introduction of Obamacare.

So if you are concerned that people in your community aren't getting adequate health care, I'd suggest you find the nearest free clinic and volunteer your skills with them. That will actually help people a lot more than arguing about it on an internet forum.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

like i said before, this is the first time ive heard of the ACA not working in blue states or red states that expanded medicaid.

If i am wrong, i will whole-heartedly suck it up and admit it, however, there is much much more evidence that it is working swimmingly in the blue states (and red states that expanded medicaid) and its only the states that did not expand having major issues you speak of.

Here is an article on the issue:

www.nationalmemo.com...

I would rather it be mandated that we have free healthcare instead of depending on volunteers but that is great if you can volunteer for anything. thank you for volunteering. I have limited hours in my day that I can volunteer and I understand that is the case with the average person.
edit on 31-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

You can just look under my mini-profile to see where I live. I make no secret of the fact that I am a proud Alabamian. And true, Alabama did not expand Medicaid. Why were they required to? Because someone in the Federal government asked?

The Affordable Care Act, ACA, otherwise known as Obamacare, was written and passed by a Democratic Congress on an almost perfect party-line vote. It was highly touted, pushed, and signed by Barrack Hussein Obama, the 44th President if the United States. He owns it, along with the Democratic Party in general. If it was going to rely on Medicaid, it should have nationalized Medicaid, instead of relying on 50 other people to cover its inadequacies. That is a half-assed solution if there ever was one.

That said, Bob Bentley is under investigation for Impeachment, which I wholly and rabidly support. It has nothing to do with Medicaid; He has abused his power, and needs to be either imprisoned or run out of the state. He's got an 'R' next to his name... does it sound like I care?

I don't even care, really, how bad it hurts me. I care more how it's hurting others. I'm redneck; my last heart attack, my left ascending artery was 100% clogged... zero blood flow... for an hour and a half before they got me to the operating room. I walked to the ambulance, scooted my own butt onto the operating table, and walked out a few days later under my own power, cigarette at the ready. Others aren't as tough... fragile, even... and can't take what I shrug off.

At no time during that little episode did I even consider calling for insurance. I needed a doctor, not an insurance company. Had an insurance agent tried to help, there would have likely been a fight.

The cause? My inherent desire to swallow large quantities of grease. I'm the reason my triglyceride count was 528. Me. I don't blame restaurants, grocery stores, or anyone else. That's what adults do: take responsibility. Children and cowards try to blame others.

Be a man, not a child. Accept that the Democrats pushed through Obamacare, by themselves, and have celebrated it at every turn since. Otherwise, you have little credibility and are losing ground with every post IMO.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

So you are in a red state that did not expand medicaid, just as I thought...

I know my republican Gov personally and he is a super great guy, however, he did not expand medicaid either. He said he was going to, then backed out last minute. I have a psychic feeling that Gowdy and Duncan have alot of pull over him.

the non-expansion of medicaid is at the fault of the republican govs. That is why you are suffering. If you try and blame it on Obama its obvious that you are mistaken. If you blame it on no one, as well, you are mistaken. There is a sure fire group of people to blame this on...the Governors that refused to expand medicaid at the expense of people like you and other americans. The states that expanded medicaid are doing extremely well. If the ACA (Obamacare) were so awful as you and many say, then why are they having a rough time repealing it?... (and I might add with Republicans in control of house, sentate and potus)

I have the answer...bc its NOT awful.

Im sorry for your struggles and I hope tump and his chronies can get their # together and mandate a medicaid expansion to all the states that refused it.

edit on 31-3-2017 by veracity because: edits

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Bentley has an ego the size of Texas. That's been his downfall IMO. I liked him when he first became Governor, but I simply do not cotton to taking action against a district because of a political difference with a state congressman. Especially when the difference was a lack of support for Bentley trying to ram through more taxes against public will.

Maybe that's my caution over Trump. I see the same ego. So far he's done good IMO, but I won't close my eyes and relax. It really bothers me when people are so damn adamant at destroying him they destroy their own credibility... that just gives him more opportunity to abuse with impunity down the road.

But on topic...

State Governors are not the underlings of the Federal government. There is a separation of powers there that I personally want protected. You can complain all day long about the problems with Obamacare being due to the lack of state action, but there would be no need for state action if Obamacare wasn't passed or at least didn't "kick the can down the road" to the states. And even the states which did expand Medicaid are starting to have serious financial issues over it.

Do you think state governments should be required to follow Federal orders blindly?

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

follow blindly?

no, i think they should look at what the order is, weigh the consequences (in this case many people will be without insurance and prices will raise) and then make the right decision for their people. In the case of the republican govs that did not expand medicaid...they clearly made the wrong decision for their people and I have you to vouch for that. You are suffering. My friend (who is very very rich so it doesnt matter) has to pay over $600/mo for insurance to cover her and her child when she was paying less than $300/mo. Now she is not suffering but just another example of how whack and backwards the republicans in office are. I personally pay about the same in premiums, but my deductable sky-rocketed.

This is all bc of the republican govs...not Obama. It is low level thinking to place blame on Obama just bc he is the one who implemented the ACA. You have to take in consideration how well it is working for the blue states and how it cannot get repealed today. We as Americans deserve affordable healthcare, it should be our right and Obama tried to give that to us. There are some major chronies in our lawmaking system and they are all on the Republican side.

My only question is why did Obama not mandate the medicaid expansion...why did he leave it up for choice?

If I ever have a sit down dinner with him, i would love to ask him that one question.

Im sure it has something to do with overcoming the govt shutdown and if I researched deep enough I could find the answer.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

It is low level thinking to place blame on Obama just bc he is the one who implemented the ACA.

Umm... re-read what you just wrote above.

If a plumber works on my pipes and they start leaking, do I blame the plumber? YES.

If a mechanic works on my car and the engine blows, do I blame the mechanic? YES.

If a contractor is building a building and it falls down, do I blame the contractor? YES.

I do not blame the water company for having high water pressure, myself for driving the car, nor the wind for blowing on the structure. So why do you insist on blaming states for not following blindly on a plan that is so obviously destined to failure?

The only reasonable answer: the letter next to the names on the evening news.

Incidentally, any 'suffering' I am going through is the fault of the insurance companies IMO. I paid insurance premiums faithfully for decades and never made a single claim. Once I became unemployed, I needed that insurance. Did the insurance companies help? Nope. They took all those thousands upon thousands of dollars I paid them and shot me a middle finger.

I can also blame Bush, for collapsing the economy... or Obama for not fixing it... hospital administrators for raising prices... regulations for making care more expensive... any number of things. But as I see it, I paid my fair share, then got shafted, then am getting shafted again because it is going to be illegal for me to not go back to paying the companies that left me out in the cold, should I be lucky enough to be able to get a full-time job somehow. That's where I place the blame, and no amount of letter-worshiping on your part will ever change my mind on that.

The DNC and Obama own Obamacare. Period. End of Paragraph. End of Chapter. End of book. Done.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

If a governor is repsonsible to take care of his/her people and he/she fails, do you blame the governor?

YES

Blaming Obama is like blaming the CEO of the plumbing company bc of their inexperienced or crooked worker. Unfortunately, the President cannot fire a crooked worker/governor like a CEO or upper management can bc it is WE THE PEOPLE who vote them in.

Quit voting in these crooks.

Also, if you lived in a Blue state you would be thanking obama for fixing the economy.

Theres more to US than Alabama. Blame the correct people.

Im glad the democrats OWN Obamacare...its wonderful. Sorry the republicans ruined it for us in the red states.

Your mentality and thinking is EXACTLY what these crooks want you to think. They want you to blame it on Obama. I wish you wouldnt feed right into their game. You may be a simpleton but SMARTEN UP. Use your brain, sheesh. There are facts out there...research them for yourself.
edit on 31-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

If a governor is repsonsible to take care of his/her people and he/she fails, do you blame the governor?

Yes, if it is the governor's fault. In this case, the governors took no action... that was Obama and the DNC.

Blaming Obama is like blaming the CEO of the plumbing company bc of their inexperienced or crooked worker.

And how is that wrong?

Unfortunately, the President cannot fire a crooked worker/governor like a CEO or upper management can bc it is WE THE PEOPLE who vote them in.

Quit voting in these crooks.

I did. This last time I voted for the guy the proven crooks didn't want. The time before that, I voted third-party. The time before that I voted for Obama because I trusted McCain less, the worst mistake I ever made!

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   

You clearly are not taking into consideration that Obamacare is working in the states that expanded medicaid.

Your blinders are ON and you are thinking just how these crooked politicians want you to think.

Taking NO action can be the same as making a very bad mistake as in the case with these govs.

You are suffering at their expense and you are playing just like they want you to.

Quit being played.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I do not define "working" as raising costs, increasing expense through rising deductibles, removing competition, or mandating actions of a free(?) people at the point of a financial gun.

Apparently you do.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

so, when you finally realize the truth, remember me. Not so much in a way such as sticking out my tongue chanting "i told you so, i told you so", but just as a..."dang, I wish I would have listened to veracity sooner" sort of way.

but for realz...good luck with everything and Im sorry you are a victim of these crooked politicians.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join