It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Bad Is It For Trumpcare and the Republican Party

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
one thing i have to say is it sure is nice actually knowing whats in a proposed bill before it being voted on and passed. were seeing the repurcussions of such irresponsible behavior right now.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The GOP is pissed at Trump for sandbagging them at the repeal effort. Now they won't trust anything he wants to do and it's his own fault.

www.rawstory.com...

Couple that with Flynn turning on the Orange one and the WH has some real problems.
edit on 25-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Except that Obamacare is not an abomination, I'm glad the democrats own it. If you fully understood what Obama did for us you would feel the same way.

So you admit Obamacare is a bigoted bill? Because from where I sit, it has done nothing positive. Ergo, it is designed to only assist certain people, correct?

I'm assuming the people it is designed to help includes insurance company executives...

So...go ahead and blame the democrats for affordable healthcare and a healthier nation...thats fine.

affordable:

adjective

1. that can be afforded; believed to be within one's financial means:
    attractive new cars at affordable prices.

noun

2. Usually, affordables. items, expenses, etc., that one can afford :
    a variety of affordables for your gift list.

healthy:

adjective, healthier, healthiest.

1. possessing or enjoying good health or a sound and vigorous mentality:
    a healthy body; a healthy mind.
    2. pertaining to or characteristic of good health, or a sound and vigorous mind:
    a healthy appearance; healthy attitudes.
    3. conducive to good health; healthful:
    healthy recreations.
    4. prosperous or sound:
    a healthy business.
    5. Informal. fairly large:
    I bought a healthy number of books.

I see nothing in the definition of 'healthy' that includes insurance. I do I now under Obamacare, healthcare costs have risen to such a degree that I have personally had to choose between medicine for myself or for my wife, and am saddled right now with medical bills equal to over 15 years salary. Exactly how does that jive with #3 above again?

You might need to learn the definition of the words before you try to use them.

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I didn't know that by wimping-out on their promise to repeal ObamaCare, the President's TAX REFORM agenda is now in jeopardy!

""Republicans’ spectacular failure to repeal and replace Obamacare threatens to sabotage another cornerstone of their agenda, tax reform — because of simple math.

The GOP was counting on wiping out nearly $1 trillion in Obamacare taxes to help finance the sweeping tax cuts they’ve got planned for their next legislative act. And now it’s unclear where all that money will come from.""

Source: www.politico.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Indirectly..President Trump is "hinting" that House Speaker Paul Ryan should step down...

'"In addition, Trump also tweeted Saturday morning to watch Judge Jeanine Pirro's show on Fox News on Saturday night.

Pirro began her show by calling on Ryan to step down, casting blame on the speaker for not being able to the pass the health care legislation.""

Full Story: www.politico.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I didn't know that by wimping-out on their promise to repeal ObamaCare, the President's TAX REFORM agenda is now in jeopardy!
You didn't? You didn't know that's why Ryan wanted to do it first? Without the "savings" from cutting Medicaid, it makes tax reform more...complicated.

Who knew?

edit on 3/26/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Curiouser and curiouser, said Alice.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

You didn't? You didn't know that's why Ryan wanted to do it first? Without the "savings" from cutting Medicaid, it makes tax reform more...complicated.

Who knew?

Nope.. I thought President Trump wanted Repeal-Replace to be item #1 on the agenda. After all he said this constantly on the campaign trail. Doesn't matter now does it.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I thought President Trump wanted Repeal-Replace to be item #1 on the agenda.

And you thought he was in charge? He has no idea what he's doing. Ryan is helping him along into the wild and wacky world of politics. Badly.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

He (Prez Trump) is attempting to allow Speaker Ryan to maintain what little dignity he has left, by voluntarily stepping down.

Who would replace him if they're all dysfunctional wimps right now?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

That would be up to the majority party of the House to decide.

Does that make you feel warm and fuzzy?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I thought President Trump wanted Repeal-Replace to be item #1 on the agenda.

And you thought he was in charge? He has no idea what he's doing. Ryan is helping him along into the wild and wacky world of politics. Badly.

Ryan doesn't even like President Trump. We knew that before the "I won't support the guy" Ryan audio was leaked 2 weeks ago. He only "helped" Trump to the extent that would get his "A Better Way" healthcare reform bill passed.

Also, the final 2 days before the non-vote on the AHCA, Ryan turned the "heavy lifting" (cajoling, arm twisting, threatening, etc.) totally over to President Trump. Ryan's as bad as Boner was.
edit on 3/26/2017 by carewemust because: format

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

That would be up to the majority party of the House to decide.

Does that make you feel warm and fuzzy?

I nominate TREY GOWDY as Speaker!
edit on 3/26/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   

What does "liking" someone have to do with governing? With legislating?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I've never done either. Can't tell you. It's one of those human interaction mysteries, LOL.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   
people just don't understand that obamacare will fail. the republicians and trump does and if they can not get rid of it now give it time an the people will be begging for it in a few years.

They also don't understand why drug prices are so high in the US.

Its because most other countries have government run health care and won't pay high cost to allow the drug to be sold in there countries.
This leaves the US people to pay for ALL THE RESEARCH on new drugs.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

people just don't understand that obamacare will fail.

Upon what do you base this conclusion? What you have been told by Trump and the GOP?

Why do you think the AHCA would have been successful?

Why do you think the ACA cannot be modified?

Its because most other countries have government run health care and won't pay high cost to allow the drug to be sold in there countries.
Or, is it because the US government has laws in place which allow prices for certain drugs to have virtually no limit and no competition. Those certain drugs being those which are literally lifesaving for a small number of patients. They are referred to as "orphan drugs."

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

He (Prez Trump) is attempting to allow Speaker Ryan to maintain what little dignity he has left, by voluntarily stepping down.

There is no reason for Ryan to step down. Also whether you like it or not Trump as the Republican president is the leader of the republican party it is his job to secure enough votes to get it passed. Obama had no problem with sucking up to members of congress. So Trumps failure to get this passed. SAD!!!!
edit on 4370000001931America/ChicagoSun, 26 Mar 2017 04:30:19 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Don't you think one American should have a choice if they should pay for anothers health insurance? Do you like high priced pharmaceuticals?

How do you think insurance works? Your actuarially calculated contributions all go into one fund and pay out according to need. EVERY insurance policy already pays for everyone else's.

Basic life economics.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ANNED
This leaves the US people to pay for ALL THE RESEARCH on new drugs.

Let's assume for one moment this is true.

Are you saying the US's high health care costs are nothing to do with Wall Street running the health insurance companies and profiteering by Big Pharma? TPTB are proud of you.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join