It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Bad Is It For Trumpcare and the Republican Party

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

Naw. Blame Trump.

Why? Because he is the President of the United States of America.
It says so, right behind his desk.

There used to be a sign on that desk. I'm not sure who removed it. It said "The buck stops here."
edit on 3/25/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

They didn't ever bring it to a vote. They couldn't get enough congressmen to say they would vote yes.
And now it's gone. Just like I said.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

They didn't ever bring it to a vote. They couldn't get enough congressmen to say they would vote yes.

They said "never mind". That would seem to indicate that it wasn't even close.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

They didn't need a single democrat vote to pass. His own party couldn't pass it.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
But it may pop back up. Ryan is hell bent on destroying healthcare

www.msnbc.com...

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I actually use that line when I make a mistake.

Loved the youth in Asia one.
And violins in schools.
Now I'm giving my age away. Lol.

link   

Cool. More dissent between the Admin and Congressional majority.
We're used to that. But before they were different parties.

link   
The basic problem on this issue is that the US is a corrupt country where the industries like oil and gas, health insurance, health care industry in general all are bribing your elected officials.

The fact is in the US if you get a large piece of money, own a large business you can bribe your way through this system like a steak knife through cheese.

THE ANSWER TO THIS PROBLEM IS SINGLE PAYER

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Oops. Slip of the tongue?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Blame the Republicans? My problems stem directly from the ACA. The law as it was written is what is the problem.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Or, Ryan pulled the bill to give cover to the "no" votes. Bannon and Trump were keeping a sh*t list of Congressmen who voted down the bill. No vote, no list.

Has this Tim Alberta article in Politico been linked. It is a thorough accounting of the sausage-making on this failed bill.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Blame the republicans who tried to derail the ACA at any and every turn possible. And they still are.

No. Just no.

I blame the Republicans for putting together one of the most blatantly obvious attempts to push special interest I have seen in a long time. The bill defunded Planned Parenthood (good), gave power to the states (good), but did not touch the individual mandate (horrible), did nothing to address the high cost of health care (terrible), and left the Federal government in care of health care (disastrous). It needed to be dead, and even if it had passed the House, it would never have survived the Senate.

I blame Trump for backing it. He should know better. I only hope he did, and acted the way he did to put pressure on the Republicans. Maybe now they'll pull their respective craniums out of their gluteous maxima and actually do something that makes sense.

I blame the liberal wing of the Democratic Party for passing the abomination that started this to begin with. Trump said it best: the Democrats passed Obamacare, so they own it.

Some of us have a little deeper thought process than "blame the Republicans."

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Blame the republicans who tried to derail the ACA at any and every turn possible. And they still are.

No. Just no.

I blame the Republicans for putting together one of the most blatantly obvious attempts to push special interest I have seen in a long time. The bill defunded Planned Parenthood (good), gave power to the states (good), but did not touch the individual mandate (horrible), did nothing to address the high cost of health care (terrible), and left the Federal government in care of health care (disastrous). It needed to be dead, and even if it had passed the House, it would never have survived the Senate.

I blame Trump for backing it. He should know better. I only hope he did, and acted the way he did to put pressure on the Republicans. Maybe now they'll pull their respective craniums out of their gluteous maxima and actually do something that makes sense.

I blame the liberal wing of the Democratic Party for passing the abomination that started this to begin with. Trump said it best: the Democrats passed Obamacare, so they own it.

TheRedneck

Could not agree more.
The ACA is an abomination, although not really because of the govt. control, but because of the premiums, which the AHCA was not addressing.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: amazing

The alternative is to reduce the cost of healthcare instead of finding ways to pay for the high costs.

But now I'm just being redundant.

But now you know why people support Obama Care because for millions of people it made healthcare affordable. And in reality, it's the only thing the government has done in the last several decades to help.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

Oh, I'm sure there's a head count being taken, vote or no vote. And thank you for the link; it reinforces to me the possibility that this fiasco was Trump's way of letting the establishment GOP fall on their faces. Trump is not cozy with the GOP in the first place, and it sounds to me that he initially told them the bill was crap, then decided to go through the motions so they could learn what not to do in the future.

"Don't touch the stove; it'll burn you."
"AHHHHHHH! I burnt myself!"
"Next time listen to me. I told you so."

TheRedneck

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

No. Just no.

TheRedneck

Except that Obamacare is not an abomination, I'm glad the democrats own it. If you fully understood what Obama did for us you would feel the same way.

So...go ahead and blame the democrats for affordable healthcare and a healthier nation...thats fine.

The republicans are to blame for trying to derail it at every turn...even at the lives of Americans. How can you back that?
edit on 25-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Or, Ryan pulled the bill to give cover to the "no" votes. Bannon and Trump were keeping a sh*t list of Congressmen who voted down the bill. No vote, no list.

Has this Tim Alberta article in Politico been linked. It is a thorough accounting of the sausage-making on this failed bill.

That would be very nice of Ryan to do except everyone knows who is in the freedom caucus.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

He wants more Democrats elected in the midterms?

BTW, didn't he say that "we" have a beautiful health care plan?

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBRiddle
Most people don't understand what the # is going on. Read this and you'll understand everything.

Conservative Treehouse

That article shoots its own credibility down by complaining about:

FACT: ObamaCare was passed, using the original legislative vehicle, at 1:38am on 12/24/09 with 60 votes in the Senate (see below). The House then approved that Senate Bill without changes; and in February 2010 created a secondary bill which created the opportunity for the Senate to modify ObamaCare using “reconciliation” for a lower vote threshold of 51 votes.

They spent half a year trying to get healthcare reform into a state that it could be passed. Do you not remember this?

Go look it up.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
If you call it Trumpcare you're a racist.

I'd rather call it a slice of pumpkin pie

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join