It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Bad Is It For Trumpcare and the Republican Party

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: fencesitter85

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Don't you think one American should have a choice if they should pay for anothers health insurance?

Absolutely not. We live in a world where we should protect and support our less fortunate peers. I don't want to be a part of a society that says 'you were made redundant through no fault of your own so screw your kid and her cancer'

What an utterly disgusting approach to life. Shame on you and everyone who thinks like you.

What a wonderful strawman you just beat up. Very brave.

oh please. What a lazy response. It's not a straw man it's exactly the situation. Whining about contributing to the healthcare of others is selfish and inexcusable. If you got made redundant and your wife got gravely ill and you couldn't afford it, would you be on here saying 'oh well, that's life lol'

There's no straw man here. There's human decency, then there is selfishness and greed.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

So it's selfish and greed if you don't want to give the government more in taxes.

Comrade much?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Will President Trump now need to un-sign the orders telling the IRS not to enforce the "individual mandate"...the penalty-tax for not having qualified health insurance?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: DanDanDat
No, that's not how they work. As you pay for services toward your deductible amount your insurer pays an increasing percentage of the bill. It's not a 'you need to pay for $6,000 of medical expenses and THEN we'll start covering you' kinda thing. Do you even have health insurance?

Do you even have heath insurance? Because the way you think it works is no way near how it works.

You must always meat your deductible. And than your insurance kicks in and most of the time it's a 80/20 split. You stop paying when you meet your out of pocket maximum

Here is google to explain it to you:

www.google.com... 5.0.0.0.0.519.1566.0j2j1j0j1j1.5.0....0...1c.1j4.64.mobile-gws-serp..2.3.773...0i10k1.69J2tHlfntw
edit on 24-3-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Will President Trump now need to un-sign the orders telling the IRS not to enforce the "individual mandate"...the penalty-tax for not having qualified health insurance?

He does that, then it'll show that its all a god-damned game.

####, I'll go looking for another country then, because America will have died.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: amazing

Bull.

If Obamacare gets replaced by the republican version of Obamacare, then it's just ####ing socialized ####ing medicine under a different ####ing name.

So what's the alternative? We need something for people that can't afford it? Either Insurance or actual Healthcare.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
No, that's not how they work. As you pay for services toward your deductible amount your insurer pays an increasing percentage of the bill. It's not a 'you need to pay for $6,000 of medical expenses and THEN we'll start covering you' kinda thing. Do you even have health insurance?

That is exactly how it works. Ask me how I know...go on...ask me!

Oh, I suppose I could attach some proof.

The amount you pay for covered health care services before your insurance plan starts to pay. With a $2,000 deductible, for example, you pay the first $2,000 of covered services yourself.

www.healthcare.gov...

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

The alternative is to reduce the cost of healthcare instead of finding ways to pay for the high costs.

But now I'm just being redundant.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

The alternative is to reduce the cost of healthcare instead of finding ways to pay for the high costs.

*Gasps*

Curse your blasphemous mouth! How dare you think you can attack the actual problem, not the symptom. I don't know about you DB...I just don't know man.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Bull.

If Obamacare gets replaced by the republican version of Obamacare, then it's just ####ing socialized ####ing medicine under a different ####ing name.

So what's the alternative? We need something for people that can't afford it? Either Insurance or actual Healthcare.

At this point I want national universal health care or single payer. This is not an approach that meets my personal ideology; I have been beat down and am now willing to accept it. It would be so much easier. I guess the ACA worked in its primary mission.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Don't you think one American should have a choice if they should pay for anothers health insurance?

Absolutely not. We live in a world where we should protect and support our less fortunate peers. I don't want to be a part of a society that says 'you were made redundant through no fault of your own so screw your kid and her cancer'

What an utterly disgusting approach to life. Shame on you and everyone who thinks like you.

What a wonderful strawman you just beat up. Very brave.

oh please. What a lazy response. It's not a straw man it's exactly the situation.

No, it is not. No one is calling anyone redundant, no one wants to see the less fortunate suffer. You are speaking lies.

Whining

No one is whining.

about contributing to the healthcare of others

Here is the crux of your strawman. Health Insurance != Health Care.

is selfish and inexcusable.

If it isn't quality care, it is not selfish to avoid it. Once again, strawman.

If you got made redundant and your wife got gravely ill and you couldn't afford it, would you be on here saying 'oh well, that's life lol'

There's no straw man here. There's human decency, then there is selfishness and greed.

Strawman Argument is all you have.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
To many J-names sorry sorry .
edit on 24-3-2017 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Maybe but I sure the hell wont be writing him a nasty letter about that.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I've paid into insurance since the age of 18. I've always known how it works.....and doesn't.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Oh god forbid! Would hate to see them have to downsize! Oh not them. Everybody else is ok but not them and the f'in gov.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yes I apologize. I mixed you up with another poster and than misinterpreted what you where saying. Your post was correct.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

He does that, then it'll show that its all a god-damned game.

####, I'll go looking for another country then, because America will have died.

If the President has given up on trying to get ObamaCare repealed this year, he MUST reverse everything he has done to sabotage ObamaCare in his first 65 days. Like Democrats planning projects for Hillary, Donald Trump planned on Republicans Repealing/Replacing ObamaCare.

If he doesn't turn back on the revenue streams that were stopped or restricted, a lot of people will suffer needlessly, in several ways.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

People should be responsible for their own needs. That includes healthcare.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: amazing

Bull.

At this point I want national universal health care or single payer. This is not an approach that meets my personal ideology; I have been beat down and am now willing to accept it. It would be so much easier. I guess the ACA worked in its primary mission.

Yes the Affordable Care Act was designed to fail and be replaced by some form of Nationalized Healthcare. Senator Obama in 2002 said that you'd need to use a back-door method to get to Single-Payer. Obamacare was it.

Jonathan Gruber, one of the brains behind Obamacare, bragged (caught on camera) that Americans are too stupid to figure out that ObamaCare wasn't meant to be "a cure"... but a means to an end.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

People should be responsible for their own needs. That includes healthcare.

Every legal and illegal human in America has "healthcare". Get sick/injured...go to E.R....get treated. Just bare-bones treatment, to stabilize you, but it is healthcare.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join