It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Bad Is It For Trumpcare and the Republican Party

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Just to give a glimpse of the insanity that is the GOP right now. First, Trumpcare is only supported by 17% of Americans, yet Paul Ryan and Trump have been pushing a full court press to get it passed the house. Trump is getting his butt handed to him on two fronts by his colleagues. On one side, you have this garbage, conspiracy theory Freedom Caucus that completely have zero understanding of how our economy works and actually thinks that Trumpcare is actually too libera and not conservative enoughl!!!!! Wackos! Then on the opposite side, you have the moderate republicans who have to be accountable for others that won't touch this bill with a yard stick.

So of course, there is rank distension going on with the GOP right now over Trumpcare and now, in an attempt to herd cats, Paul Ryan's superpac is now threatening draconian tactics to pull their funding for other candidates if they don't fall in line. Despite all of this, they put off the vote because they couldn't get enough to get passed in the house.

LOL!!! What a sh it show for the right wingers now right. Worst part of it all, Nunez's stunt yesterday with his nothing burger intel ruined his owned credibility within the intelligence committee that there is no way the Dems will work with him now and will insist on a outside investigation committee....which is bad for Trump. Nunez essentially folded a full house of cards. What an idiot.

Seriously, could it not be a worst week for right wingers?!?! These clowns are idiots and not fit to represent the interests of Americans.
edit on 23-3-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

I have really checked out of the politics this week. Eventually, Obamacare will be repealed. Count on it. Until then:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Keep dreaming. Watch out now...Trump's big threat is that he's going to keep Obamacare. Oh dear me, how horrific? This is the funniest threat I've heard coming out of his mouth.

originally posted by: JinMI

I have really checked out of the politics this week. Eventually, Obamacare will be repealed. Count on it. Until then:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Don't you think one American should have a choice if they should pay for anothers health insurance? Do you like high priced pharmaceuticals?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
Keep dreaming. Watch out now...Trump's big threat is that he's going to keep Obamacare. Oh dear me, how horrific? This is the funniest threat I've heard coming out of his mouth.

It's actually the scariest thing I've heard Trump say, let Obamacare implode on it's own. This replacement plan sucks, it's hardly, if any better than Obamacare. But if you think Obamacare is a success, wow. Seems like we're just screwed when it comes to health care, no matter which side holds the Presidency.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
If you call it Trumpcare you're a racist.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I think its worse for Trump and Ryan Paul than most Republicans That 17% support of the people sounds about right, I havent seen anyone that I know happy about the contents of the Paul Ryan bill overall. Most are just "meh" and going along with it because atleast they get Obamacare repealed.

The rush job that Trump, Ryan, Spicer, and a few others are doing is sad, and its going to get them defeated. They seem to be turning down debate and compromise even with fellow Republicans who have concerns forcing it down their throat by tomorrow saying "there is no Plan B". The bill looks horrendous to me, even more so than Obamacare, and I think a lot of others see that too.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
There are certain things we all have to chip in for. The health of all Americans should be one of those things just like the roads you drive on and the military that protects you. Trumpcare fails on several levels including the loss of jobs in the medical industry.

If you right wingers are so "pro-life," this should be a no brainer that we need healthcare coverage for all. Right?

Don't you think one American should have a choice if they should pay for anothers health insurance? Do you like high priced pharmaceuticals?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
If some of your right wing red states didn't play politics against Obamacare, they would have utilize the marketplace exchange so they could use it to bring down rates for the insurance companies.

But no, the red states had to stick it to Obama by obstructing Obamacare. Now, these citizens pay hundreds more per month than states that use the exchanges and if it collapses, it will be at the cost of million because idiot right wing politicians decided to create a self fulfilling prophecy at the expense of their citizens.

Regardless, I would rather have the Obamacare option than to have this fake insurance mandate called Trumpcare,

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

It's actually the scariest thing I've heard Trump say, let Obamacare implode on it's own. This replacement plan sucks, it's hardly, if any better than Obamacare. But if you think Obamacare is a success, wow. Seems like we're just screwed when it comes to health care, no matter which side holds the Presidency.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Orange isn't a race.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Orange isn't a race.

Neither is Muslim, hasn't stopped democrats from throwing around the word "racist" though.
edit on 23-3-2017 by TruMcCarthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Sounds like something my taxes should pay for. That 26-30% of my yearly income. That wasn't the question I asked however.

What I asked is the choice. Do you think one American should have the choice to pay for anothers health insurance.

If you right wingers are so "pro-life," this should be a no brainer that we need healthcare coverage for all. Right?

You certainly assume much or you are not in fact talking to me.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Don't you think one American should have a choice if they should pay for anothers health insurance?

I dont know man
but if I dont own a car, or only drive in nice gated communities, shouldn't I have a choice on if I should pay for roads elsewhere..especially for roads where the people dont take care of them like I do mine..driving fast and all that nonsense.

Why must I pay for roads I dont even drive on?

Do you like high priced pharmaceuticals?

Yeah, that sucks, but what can be done? can the government tell a business what they can charge? gets tricky here...

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Cut military spending and we'd be good on several levels. But you know as well as I do that the GOP won't do this. They only exists if there is a boogyman out there to scare you straight and have you vote against your best interests.

Sounds like something my taxes should pay for. That 26-30% of my yearly income. That wasn't the question I asked however.

What I asked is the choice. Do you think one American should have the choice to pay for anothers health insurance.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I get what your saying but keeping in mind that we are not a nation of villages, our supplies come from somewhere that needs those roads. I mean unless your completely self sufficient, there is a reason why we all should chip in for roads. However I don't think the same about auto registration. Slush tax if you ask me.

No, the government can not tell a private company what to do, but having a mandate that gives them a steady stream of unmitigated customers is not within the nature of a capitalistic society, IMO.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Cut military spending and we'd be good on several levels. But you know as well as I do that the GOP only exists if there is a boogyman out there to scare you straight.

Still not answering my very basic question.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   

To me it represents a refreshing change that there is actual, open debate on a very serious matter. Trump's problem is that he turned it over to a bunch of politicians. They convinced him to say "Repeal and Replace" because, you know, that's catchy.
The first order of business should be repealing the unread Obamacare laws, every last twitching one of them. Then, after everyone submits their ideas, let the debate go on. Quit with this: "We've gotta vote by Thursday." crap. That's not the way good legislation is made.

I'm tickled pink to see Rand Paul opposing the Pharma and Insurance lobbyists masquerading as Congresscritters. I may not agree with him 100% but by golly, I know he's working for us, not the corporate interests. I sincerely hope he can get a sit-down with the Donald and show him a different path.

The repeal needs to come now. If he has to write an EO, well, he has the same pen and phone that our previous president spoke of when Congress was refusing to act. He can lift the mandate. That will lift the burden of insurance from a lot of struggling young people. These are responsible young people who have jobs and homes and suddenly face insurance premiums that equal their house payments.

Bring on the debate I say. Make them read it before they pass it. Make them come home and explain it to us before they vote on it. Draining a swamp takes time and this health care scam has a whole mess of swamp critters slithering about in it.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

It was Obama care that made it happen. It made it a law. What you are bringing up is a law that has been on the books for ages. Just more money out of the pockets of the working man. Not the million airs. They can afford it. The working man can't.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

I get what your saying but keeping in mind that we are not a nation of villages, our supplies come from somewhere that needs those roads. I mean unless your completely self sufficient, there is a reason why we all should chip in for roads. However I don't think the same about auto registration. Slush tax if you ask me.

Healthy body, active citizen
active citizen, working citizen
working citizen, more taxes
more taxes, more roads.

It all connects. the workforce needs to be strong for a nation to succeed. Show me a sick nation and in turn, you will be showing me a broke nation.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

If some of your right wing red states didn't play politics against Obamacare, they would have utilize the marketplace exchange so they could use it to bring down rates for the insurance companies.

But no, the red states had to stick it to Obama by obstructing Obamacare. Now, these citizens pay hundreds more per month than states that use the exchanges and if it collapses, it will be at the cost of million because idiot right wing politicians decided to create a self fulfilling prophecy at the expense of their citizens.

Regardless, I would rather have the Obamacare option than to have this fake insurance mandate called Trumpcare,

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

Please!

That's the standard Communist apology---you wouldn't let us implement it properly! I've literally heard this all my adult life.

The Commonwealth of Kentucky was one of the first to climb aboard that trainwreck. Little Stevie jumped on and yelled, "Pour the coal to 'er boys!" He managed to chase out all the insurance companies in several counties and bring on announcements of more leaving each quarter. The train wrecked about 5 months ago when people got their premium notices. Now, in addition to our unstable pensions system we are facing billions in skyrocketing Medicade expenditures in the very near future. This particular piece of manure can't be polished to appear to be a gem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join