It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't You Dare Hold Your Tongue!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Awhile back I received a U2U from another member explaining how I was very wrong on a political issue (and boy was I wrong!). They expressed to me that they didn't want to seem like they were attacking or belittling me out in open chat. I thanked them, and apologized for my error. A few months later, different user, same subject (not wrong this time
), same reason.

STOPPIT! Stop that behavior right meow!

If I am wrong, please, please provide evidence as to why. I'm a big boy, my feelings won't be hurt, I promise! I am here to acquire knowledge and learn what I can as I like to think most others are as well. I mean, if you have a few minutes, I could teach you everything I know!

Would it surprise anyone that I seek out posters that have a very different social/political view than me just to attempt and see their perspective? There are many posters here whos opinion I value and enjoy debating with. Even respect.

So in closing, if you have a disagreement, please, don't hold your tongue!

/rant off

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Had to star ya for the "meow" n tha brick meme. Thats it. Dont feel like arguing with anyone

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Hey! Aren't you that guy that was in that thread where you posted a wrong political view? I hope you have learned your lesson and if you didn't let me know. I will U2U.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Hey! Aren't you that guy that was in that thread where you posted a wrong political view? I hope you have learned your lesson and if you didn't let me know. I will U2U.

Yes....and no!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Who wants to go along with everyone else over the cliff anyway? Stand your ground. Or walk away, but do it without judgement.

Easier said than done.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Since when has anyone been holding their tongue in the political forums?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
Since when has anyone been holding their tongue in the political forums?

I would tell ya but then I would have to ......you know....

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

...PM me about it?

(post by grainofsand removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness

...PM me about it?

The number you are trying to reach has been disconnected. Please contact NSA personnel to complete your request.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Would hold it .
But the cat got it .

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   

OK I can't hold my tongue any longer.. because I like you I will confess that I always wish you'd change your avatar! There I said it!!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   
As long as you understand my opinions are facts given to me by God and your opinions are lies and falsehoods, then everything is meow-tastic!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Well, I don't know that we have argued much, politically. But I would give you a pass, since your also a Michigander.

But I would only give you one, as you are a West Michigander. And I think that is suppose to mean your a snob.

LOL

And NO! Don't change that avatar. I love it. Soooo Creepy.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Would it surprise anyone that I seek out posters that have a very different social/political view than me just to attempt and see their perspective? There are many posters here whos opinion I value and enjoy debating with. Even respect.

True wisdom.
This is how people learn, it should be a "discussion" of issues not an argument from all viewpoints.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
Dear chiefsmum, what the heck is a Michigander?
In reply to JinMi, the world and ATS would be a boring place if everyone agreed on everything. That said there are a few er, er, er, sensitive posters on here.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Well, I don't know that we have argued much, politically. But I would give you a pass, since your also a Michigander.

But I would only give you one, as you are a West Michigander. And I think that is suppose to mean your a snob.

LOL

And NO! Don't change that avatar. I love it. Soooo Creepy.

If it is of any consolation, I identify as a Yooper!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: chiefsmom
Dear chiefsmum, what the heck is a Michigander?
In reply to JinMi, the world and ATS would be a boring place if everyone agreed on everything. That said there are a few er, er, er, sensitive posters on here.

Michigander = Someone from Michigan.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I see my reply was removed from this thread because it breached terms and conditions so I'll rephrase it:

I agree completely about the apparent wish some folk on ATS have for an echo chamber, especially certain threads.
I've even had someone messaging me that I should "read the room" instead of giving my honest reply, regardless of the fact that my comments adhered to terms and conditions.
This attitude is in the style of thought police and only increases my resolve to say things as I think them

I say if anyone disagrees with my public comments then challenge them in public.
Sending shady messages is not my style.
I joined ATS to debate my thoughts as I do in real life, not for patting each other on the back or to be a member of an Internet love in.
That is not my cup of tea, or dragon cookie unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I stared both!

Some folks aren't argumentative or they are sensitive. Not to be mistaken for cowardice.

I've seen your description first hand myself and that's all I'll say about it but I completely understand.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join