It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oxymoron Alert: Liberals Fine with anyone coming into the country but A Okay with Abortion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I tend to stay neutral for the most part on the Abortion debate but i couldn't help but notice a Oxymoron here by reading social media comments about this case.

Oklahoma lawmaker defends anti-abortion bill, says rape and incest are ‘will of God’

Rep. George Faught says rape and incest are the 'will of God' when asked about his anti-choice bill that would prevent a woman from aborting a fetus with a viable genetic abnormality.

Tolerant Liberal Comment Example From Facebook:

This guy is a great example of why, for some people, I'm pro retroactive abortion.

Aren't these the same people who constantly call us Racist/Facist/Hitler for keeping people out of our country that want to kill us in the name of God? Because you know a 90 day ban is going to affect Business and the Economy lol. But they are perfectly fine with taking truly defenseless life that has been brought into this world and will contribute to Business and tourism later in the Future? If Rape and Incest are wrong then why is killing a life that has been brought into the world right? Yes The Mother did not have Free Will when Life was Seeded but the Circle of Life must continue by any means necessary. Or am I sexist for saying that these unborn Babies in the TOLERANT words of #44

White House

Muslim Americans are our friends and our neighbors, our co-workers, our sports heroes -- and, yes, they are our men and women in uniform who are willing to die in defense of our country. We have to remember that.

Or does this not also apply to the unborn who will be our friends and our neighbors, our co-workers, our sports heroes -- and, yes, they are our men and women in uniform who are willing to die in defense of our country. We have to remember that.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

That would be hypocrisy, not an oxymoron.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

That would be hypocrisy, not an oxymoron.

Nope i looked at it as Oxymoron from the definition:

ox·y·mo·ron
ˌäksəˈmôrˌän/Submit
noun
a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g., faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

Trumps Immigration is unlawful because it deals with blocking Faith but people are calling out the Bill because it contradicts there faith in whats morally right/wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

So what's the figure of speech here?

What are the contradictory terms in your thread title?

hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

An oxymoron would be something like 'tolerant liberal.'

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
Aren't these the same people who constantly call us Racist/Facist/Hitler for keeping people out of our country that want to kill us

Gonna play devils advocate here.
So...I dont think anyone wants to bring in people who legit wants to kill us.
Are you saying everyone from the countries on the ban list coming here want to kill us? every one of them? how many have come over in the past..hmm..year from these countries? and how many have killed when they came over?

Or are you just discussing illegal mexicans? once again, what is the statistical ratio of illegal to murderer in the illegal group? I am not sure it will be reaching 100%...or even 1%

Incidentally, I am in favor of a tighter boarder / wall / whatever..also a easy and fast path towards residents and eventual citizenship for aliens from mexico and other nations (china and the like)

truly defenseless life that has been brought into this world

we can argue what life is vs a person, etc...I assume you are against euthenasia even with a brain dead patient being kept alive on machines?
And no..a fetus isn't brought into the world..if it was, it would be called a baby and that would be murder.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I consider myself conservative, but when it comes to abortions I am on the fence. I mean it is the more liberal person who will get an abortion for their own convenience, not because of rape, or they might die in the process. I say let them. Let them kill their own. It will be less of them to deal with in the future. That may sound pretty abrasive and uncaring to some, but it is what it is.
edit on 23-3-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Once any group becomes strong within a nation, they can take that nation over politically. Once that happens then they instate laws that you have to follow. What percentage of Muslims would you say would prefer to live under Sharia Law?
edit on 24-3-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It's very easy to judge the actions of people who are facing situations that most of us have never had to deal with.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

Once any group becomes strong within a nation, they can take that nation over politically. Once that happens then they instate laws that you have to follow. What percentage of Muslims would you say would prefer to live under Sharia Law?

Hense why I have been a vocal supporter of amending the constitution to make damn sure no religious institutions are supported by state on any level. People may bitch about a demand by the public to remove the 10 commandments at court..and those people have no foresight.

Secular society must be protected..a "good" religion may be in charge today..but thats only for today, and tomorrow, those nasty heathens may have a bigger majority and alter existing facilities accordingly.

Not sure how that really relates to the thread in question though.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Hense why I have been a vocal supporter of amending the constitution to make damn sure no religious institutions are supported by state on any level

You do realize that amendments can be overturned correct? So it wouldn't matter.

Not sure how that really relates to the thread in question though.

I was responding to your post. Not the thread. So since you brought up the immigration system, I followed through with the political tangent since we are in the muddpitt.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

I was responding to your post. Not the thread. So since you brought up the immigration system, I followed through with the political tangent since we are in the muddpitt.

Ahh, I understand now.
well, muslims are threatening due to their backwards religion..but with enough stopgaps to ensure church and state dont mix, that can be thwarted effectively enough
muslims aren't a bloodline..its a religion..a thought, and close down as many borders as you want, thoughts will come through and if the religion has merit, it will catch hold

alternatively, a muslim in this country may start losing their fanatical views..after a generation, they will just be like anyone else.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stevemagegod
Oxymoron Alert: Liberals Fine with anyone coming into the country but A Okay with Abortion

Apples and oranges.
An immigrant is not a pile of cells, unable to survive unless parasitically attached to the mother.
If the Parasites in the WH (and their minions) could get away with treating immigrants/Muslims like fetuses, they'd have abortion legal in minutes!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

well, muslims are threatening due to their backwards religion..but with enough stopgaps to ensure church and state dont mix, that can be thwarted effectively enough

Islam is a political religion. There is no getting around it.

muslims aren't a bloodline..its a religion..a thought, and close down as many borders as you want, thoughts will come through and if the religion has merit, it will catch hold

True, but thoughts can't kill people.

alternatively, a muslim in this country may start losing their fanatical views..after a generation, they will just be like anyone else.

In order to even attempt at that explanation would require many generations of research on muslims and that just doesn't exist.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Because you know a 90 day ban is going to affect Business and the Economy lol.

Ninety days without workers in your company will affect business and the economy. Ninety days would affect families and college students who fall under that ban.
There's a Yazidi member of Iraqi parliment(see here) who was on that list trying to escape ISIS- being on their most wanted list. In which being wanted by ISIS could affect her life.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Islam is a political religion. There is no getting around it.

True, but thoughts can't kill people.

In order to even attempt at that explanation would require many generations of research on muslims and that just doesn't exist.

How long have Muslims been in the US without incident? How long has it been a problem when it comes to terrorism types, most recently correct?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

Muslims have been here for many generations.
www.pbs.org...

edit on 3/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

So what's the figure of speech here?

What are the contradictory terms in your thread title?

hy·poc·ri·sy
həˈpäkrəsē/
noun
the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

An oxymoron would be something like 'tolerant liberal.'

Pro Choice = tolerant as you are willing to let people make their own decision. Pro Life = intolerant as you don't believe people should be able to make their decision.

Amazing how many people don't realise what pro choice means, isn't it?

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The guy has beliefs and he sticks to them. Too bad he isn't a Muslim, Libs would be defending his "religion of peace" and his "culture".

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

everyone should have the freedom to belief as they wish, to practice whichever religion they choose, or to choose to not belief anything... after all, can you really control what one beliefs in their own mind?
what no one should be allowed to do is to use their beliefs in an attempt to harm or control others!
I don't think anyone is saying that we should be just allowing anyone in the country, and I don't believe we have ever let anyone who wished to come into the country to come in! but, the travel bans ran into major problems. the couldn't distance themselves from the earlier statements that they had made about the ban, that it was directed at keeping muslims ( a religion) out of the country. they failed to prove that the muslims from these particular countries posed more of a risk than those of other countries, or anyone really entering the country, let alone more of a risk than our own population. the fact of the matter is that they've found that the radicalization occurs years, decades after entering the country! so, instead of asking why are these people after spending so much time in our great country turning against us, some thing we should just refuse to let people into the country... only, since our native population of well to do white folks seems to be dropping lower and lower, the need to replenishment from outside sources increases..

and that is the only connection I see between the to items in the op... we don't want to share the american dream with a bunch of immigrants, so we need to attack birth control, abortion, and every other thing that is helping american women from becoming pregnant! other countries at least have enough sense to try to bribe their women to have babies before they dive into trying to force them to!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Ensuring state and church dont mix will be difficult due to them having

their own laws within the religious aspects ...' Sharia' law which it seems

they are intent on trying to impose where ever they settle?

Not when there are many of them ... *group support/thinking* will ensure

they do not lose their fanatical ideals. Its more than a religion, Its a way

of life.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join