It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nocturnal animals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this movie? Im curious as to what anyone thinks of it. I saw it last night without knowing any details or plots or anything. Just saw it at redbox n figured id give it a shot. The opening scene i was thinking to myself "what is this? And why am i still watching?" Strangest thing ever. Imo. Movie was good to me. Had to re-watch it. The ending for me was super satisfying. In a weird way. Has anyone else seen this movie? Do i have bad taste in flicks if i thought this was good? Am i a psycho? Am i an alien? Whats wrong with me? Has anyone else seen this, i would like your opinions if you have. Its the strangest thing. Impressive.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I saw it and yea the intro was a tad bizarre but I can appreciate art and various approaches to conveying vision so I continued to watch movie. I liked it and thought it was well done. The acting with Jake Gyllenhaal and Amy Adams was exceptional and the story was interesting.

SPOILER:

I liked how they juxtaposed the book with the charcter's potential past. Granted it was an emotionally dark journey with doses of brutality that reflect the savage nature of some humans, the intrigue pulls you in like a great book keeps you excited to turn the page, keeping you at the edge waiting to see where it leads to. The movie was powerful and moving with a complimentary slow unfolding pace. Jake's character, which he played perfectly, was victimized to a point that beckoned pleas from the audience for redemption.

This film is somber , deep and not a normal predictable flick that becomes popular on relatability, but it's certainly unique and enthralling. So for movie fans that appreciate alternative creative efforts to merge character, story and perspective, I think it's worth a watch.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Thank you. I thought i was crazy for liking this movie. Its hard to find a well made movie nowadays. Most movies i watch i can tell they are really rushed or not alot of care put into them. There is always a scene or three that just kill most movies for me. Its rare to find a flick where everything comes together(music, pace, plot, etc). I can tell the movie makers put alot of care into this one even though i dont know who they are. Beautiful twisted art.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

P.S. You should be a movie critic if you arent already. Beautifully worded review and i agree with every letter you just typed. You have skills. Really

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

I saw it and didn't like it at all. I wanted to but it just didn't do it for me. I had high hopes cause I like the cast. 2 shining actors though we're Aaron Taylor Johnson and Michael Shannon. Johnson won an Oscar or a globe. Don't remember. Shannon was brilliant as the cop. The movie though didn't do it for me

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I too was a bit skeptical when the movie started the way it did I didn't know if I wanted
to keep watching, but I am glad I did. I really thought it was a awesome movie it kept me thinking the whole entire movie
the weird thing is the feeling I had for over 2 to 3 hours after watching it. It deeply affected me some how.
Very good and I didn't think it would be and going in I certainly didn't think the plot was going to be what it ended up.
Love that type suspense.
Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Ha! You said 2 shining actors! So you did enjoy it subconsciously. You dont even realize you loved the movie. Thats my point of the whole thread. I knew i shouldnt be enjoying this movie but i couldnt help myself. Thanks for the response.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: starlitestarbrite

Yes kept my attention the whole movie. Never knew what was going on really. But it all comes together later on. And the ending was exactly what i was hoping for even tho for most i assume they will hate it. Thank you all for your opinions.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
About to watch it tonight.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Idreamofme
a reply to: TinySickTears

Ha! You said 2 shining actors! So you did enjoy it subconsciously. You dont even realize you loved the movie. Thats my point of the whole thread. I knew i shouldnt be enjoying this movie but i couldnt help myself. Thanks for the response.

i enjoyed their part.
this is not the first time i have watched a movie that i did not like but did like some killer performances

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

So I finally watched it and was weirded out by the opening (still don't get the point of that) and felt it was unnecessary to go on for so long. Geez!
All in all it was good and thought provoking. The karma, the fact that he was still hurting after 19 years and finally releasing that pain in the form of a novel. The brutality of the novel and how it related to (what I took) his feelings of helplessness at her leaving. I'm assuming there was an abortion?
The ending left me feeling disappointed and I suppose the point of it was for us to reflect and finally grasp the entirety of the message however I felt it went on too long as well and just sort of filled up space on the clock.
It was a decent movie though all in all and I liked the character comparisons between the 'real life' folks and the characters in the novel.

top topics

join