It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else catch Spicer's presser a bit ago?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You gota give the magic dust time to work behind the scenes.

In the mean time while we wait , I'll leave you with a quote from John Le Carre 's " The Constant Gardner "

Tessa Quayle: I thought you spies knew everything.
Tim Donohue: Only God knows everything. He works for Mossad.

Buck

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Feel free to post actual evidence of those ties to Russia....so far nobody has posted any.

Are you denying that Michael Flynn lied about his communications with Kislyak? You do realize that Flynn also lied about getting paid by the Russian government for the speech he gave at the RT gala where he ended up seated next to Vladimir Putin?

Fox News - Trump national security adviser Michael Flynn resigns (Feb 11)

Vice President Mike Pence, after being briefed by Flynn, had said in television interviews that Flynn did not discuss sanctions with the ambassador. Flynn later admitted the issue may have been raised, which escalated the matter from a simmering controversy to a full-blown firestorm -- resulting in Monday night's resignation.

Fox News - Flynn reportedly lied to FBI about sanctions talk with Russian envoy (Feb 16)

The former national security adviser denied to the FBI that he discussed sanctions with the Russians; reaction from Gregg Jarrett, Fox News anchor and attorney Now Playing Could Michael Flynn face criminal charges? Former national security adviser Michael Flynn denied in an FBI interview last month that he had discussed U.S. sanctions against Russia with Moscow's ambassador to the United States, contradicting transcripts of intercepted communications between the two men, the Washington Post reported Thursday.

Yahoo News - Moscow paid $45,000 for Flynn’s 2015 talk, documents show (Mar 16)

RT, the Russian state-owned television network described by U.S. intelligence officials as “the Kremlin’s principal international propaganda outlet,” paid $45,386 for former Defense Intelligence Agency Director Michael Flynn to fly to Moscow to speak at its 10th anniversary celebration in December 2015, according to documents newly obtained by a congressional committee and provided to Yahoo News.

At the Russian government’s expense, Flynn — who was fired last month as President Trump’s national security adviser — was accompanied by his son, Michael Flynn Jr., on the three-day, all-expenses-paid trip, where they both stayed at the five-star Hotel Metropol in Moscow next to Red Square, according to documents obtained from Flynn’s speakers’ bureau, Leading Authorities.

Questions about Flynn’s 2015 appearance in Moscow first arose last July during an interview at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, when Yahoo News pressed him on who paid for the trip.

“I didn’t take any money from Russia, if that’s what you’re asking me,” Flynn said at first. Then when asked who did him pay him, Flynn replied: “My speakers’ bureau — ask them.”

Flynn took money from the Russian government to go be a prop at an RT gala, lied about it. Had conversations with Kislyak about sanctions and lied *apparently* (who even knows, it's not like the administration has any credibility) to both Trump/Pence and the FBI about that.

I'll get into Carter Page in the next page and a couple other bits in pieces in another post.

Keep up...Flynn isn't part of it anymore...

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Vasa Croe

From my own thread, way back in September, Who Is Carter Page And How Did He Come To Work For Trump's Campaign?

Carter Page started working for Merrill Lynch in 2000. He's said in interviews that because of a relationship he had with Victor Pinchuk (Ukrainian billionaire married who happens to be married to the daughter of the Ukraine's second President), he was sent to Moscow in 2004. In 2005, Russia upped its ownership of Gazprom to a majority stake, making it state controlled. Page spent three years in Moscow at this time helping put together major deals for Gazprom.

Here's an excerpt from a Bloomberg article published in March of this year when Carter Page was first identified as one of Trump's foreign policy advisors.

Page says he advised Gazprom on its largest deals during this period, such as buying of a stake in the Sakhalin oil and gas field in the Sea of Okhotsk. He also helped the company court Western investors, assisting in setting up the first regular meetings with shareholders in New York and London. Before he moved back to New York in 2007, he says, many of its top officials showed up at his going-away party, at a restaurant near the Kremlin.

Washington Examiner - Trump campaign approved Carter Page's Russia trip, on one condition

President Trump's campaign team granted permission for then-adviser on national security issues Carter Page to visit Moscow last July where he delivered a speech criticizing U.S. sanctions against Russia.

Page on Tuesday confirmed that a representative of the Trump campaign approved the trip in June, telling him he could make the trip as a private citizen, not a representative of the campaign.

"I'm confirming that information," Page said, according to a report in USA Today. Page did not share the name of the individual who gave the green light.

During his trip to Russia last summer, Page stayed for three days and met with scholars and professors following his graduation speech.

Page added that he was not aware of having spoken to any Russian intelligence officials, but that it was "possible" he could have spoken to a Russian military veteran but did not know it at the time.

Page said he did not talk about U.S. sanctions on Russia, though he is on the record opposing the Crimea sanctions. He did not deny talking about the U.S. presidential election.

The former campaign member left the team in September after it became public that he had given a speech in Moscow that went against current U.S. foreign policy.

Carter Page and Manafort are the most likely individuals to have been the subject of the FISA warrants that I first brought up on ATS in November:

WOW. Russia Confirms Contact With Trump Campaign

Look to my second post, where I excerpt an article from Heat Street from election week.

More from Heat Street who published a story the night before the election purporting that a source was confirming that an FISA warrant had been issued over contacts between the Russian government and the Trump campaign.

The night before the election, I reported that in October the FBI sought, and was granted, a secret FISA court warrant giving U.S. counter-intelligence agents permission to examine the activities of “U.S. persons” in Donald Trump’s campaign with ties to Russia.

Counterintelligence sources now further tell me that US intelligence has gained legal permission to look at transcripts of phone conversations that were held by Trump advisor Carter Page while he was in Russia in July.

Mr. Page, as reported by Heat Street in July, said he was in Russia as a private individual giving an academic lecture. He also met with some Russian officials, including the Deputy Prime Minister of Russia, Arkady Dvorkovich. These meetings were at the time couched as private ones — not official contacts between the campaign and the Russian government. Russian media were skeptical of that explanation at the time.

That thread btw was actually about statements made by Russian Deputy Foreign Minister, Sergei Ryabkov:

Later in the thread I cite more comments:

"There were contacts," Interfax cited Ryabkov as saying. "We are doing this and have been doing this during the election campaign."

Such contacts would continue, he added, saying the Russian government knew and had been in touch with many of Trump's closest allies. He did not name names.

"Obviously, we know most of the people from his (Trump's)entourage. Those people have always been in the limelight in the United States and have occupied high-ranking positions," he said.

"I cannot say that all of them, but quite a few have been staying in touch with Russian representatives."

and of course Hope Hicks lied and denied those contacts (source):

“Obviously, we know most of the people from his entourage,” Ryabkov said.

“We have just begun to consider ways of building dialogue with the future Donald Trump administration and channels we will be using for those purposes,” Ryabkov was quoted as saying.

Ryabkov provided no further details, and his remarks drew a swift denial from Trump spokeswoman Hope Hicks, who said the campaign had “no contact with Russian officials” before Tuesday’s election.

Russian ties and Trumpian lies. What a s#show courtesy of the Putin fawning dishonest Dear Liar, I mean Leader.

Do you need for me to go on? There's plenty more for you to ignore.

Sounds good...submit to Comey and let me know when they get back to you...

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

CNN spin.
Looking forward to tomorrow -

I think Spicer's comments were outstanding!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
a reply to: xuenchen

CNN spin.
Looking forward to tomorrow -

I think Spicer's comments were outstanding!

I was able to watch the press conference and I do give Spicer credit for being somewhat witty.

A bit confrontational, but witty.
edit on 23-3-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I love spicer, trump, bannon. Spicer should be vice-president

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
He said something interesting in regards to a unannounced visit by Nunez to Trump earlier. He said that it was in regards to the surveillance issue at hand but not about Russia. He would not speak to the exact nature of the visit, just that it pertained to the surveillance investigation. He also inferred that it may have something to do with the evidence Trump said he will provide soon.

Odd statements I thought in light of the other goings on with the investigations.

He also slammed CNN about their anonymous sources and pointed out their disclaimer at the end of their report...thought it was a bit humorous.

Anyone else watch the presser? I am trying to find a transcript but haven't yet so if anyone has it, please post a link.

Ha I saw that. I got a smile out of that.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

LOL at me then! That went right over my head -- whoosh!!!

I was just having some fun with you -- now I'll just have to have it at my own expense

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join