It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schumer Says Dems Will Filibuster SCOTUS Nominee

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

“After careful deliberation I have concluded that I cannot support Judge Neil Gorsuch’s nomination to the Supreme Court,” Mr. Schumer said, announcing his filibuster on the Senate floor.

Oh but Schumer just 4 short years ago you voted to invoke the nuclear option on all appointees. But you don't want the republicans to follow your lead?

“The answer isn’t to change the rules, it’s to change the nominee,” the New York Democrat said Thursday.

Mr. Schumer has long been the leading proponent of evaluating judges not by their legal qualifications but by how he sees them tilting the courts, with a goal of shifting the federal judiciary to the left

Of course, who would want a judge based on their legal qualifications when we can just put the ones in who agree with our politics?

And you know Schumer voted FOR him back in 2006. So did everyone else in the senate. It was a unanimous confirmation.

When Gorsuch was nominated to serve on the U.S. Court of Appeals by President George W. Bush in 2006, he was confirmed unanimously 95-0 in the Senate. Chuck Schumer, along with Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Joe Biden and a number of other Democrats in the Senate, voted in approval.

Just more political hypocrisy. It's rampant I tell you.

Washington Times Link
Democrats voted for him in 06
edit on 23-3-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Well, Mr. Schumer, I dislike you almost as much as Amy Schumer. Career Politician who will flip and flop and flap all about like a fish out of water.

What a dumbass... I hope there is some media coverage of this hypocrisy - it is political in nature so I assume there will be. But glad we can discus topics like this on ATS where many of us are aware of the false left/right paradigm

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I don't have a problem with the Democrats doing the same thing to Republicans that Republicans did to Democrats.

It just goes to show you two Republicans don't make a right.

edit on 23-3-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
I don't have a problem with the Democrats doing the same thing to Republicans that Republicans did to Democrats.

It just goes to show you two Republicans don't make a right.

And, in a nutshell, you've highlighted exactly why we're in the position we're in now as a country: the other side did something, so not only is it right for your side to do it back to them, they should do it back to them.

And yet you'll craft long, whiny rants about how the government doesn't work for us. *eyeroll*

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

No surprise really; they fear this guy will turn the Court irrevocably rightist. Gorsuch would interrupt the Dems attempts to erode the 2nd Amendment and their efforts to redefine free speech rights to include only PC speech.

Can't say I'm really surprised. MY guess would be they'll fight to block any Republican nominee until 2018 mid terms when they doubtless hope to gain some ground.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Time for the adults to reclaim control of the room and get work done.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Ummm...and so the nuclear option again raises it's ugly head...and who do we have to thank...?

Why...let's all thank Schumer and especially ole grandpa Harry Reid...

Is turnabout really fair play...?

You be the judge...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...and so the nuclear option again raises it's ugly head...and who do we have to thank...?

Why...let's all thank Schumer and especially ole grandpa Harry Reid...

Is turnabout really fair play...?

You be the judge...

YouSir

We haven't had a government that governed for years!

They have twerked the 2 party system into a scheme to do nothing but Obstruct our rule of law and make themselves wealthy and powerful at the expense of our Freedom and Liberty.......

The state of our country makes it quite obvious!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Time for the adults to reclaim control of the room and get work done.

that is prolly what trump actually meant by increasing our nuclear power. in the senate as well as militarily.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I would have more respect for Schumer if he was honest and just came out and said "I'm going to filibuster anyone this President nominates, period" instead of pretending like he reviewed or paid attention to anything regarding the hearings of a guy he himself supported a few years ago.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Ummm...I know what you mean...obfuscation and obstructionism is the name of the game...

played equally by both sides of the coin...
They couldn't compromise with integrity...on what they had for lunch...let alone the peoples business...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
At this point there is nothing the dems can really do.
Guess they should have won more elections.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Schumer smells like a small barnyard animal according to his cousiin Amy.

And they are both mystified as to why their popularity is plummeting in a free fall.
edit on 23-3-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
the democrats might be cutting off their own noses in spite-of-their-faces by the delay...

it night turn out that the Supreme Court nominee might still be on-hold even as the likely prosecution of the illegal surveillance on Trump's campaign HQs and the Presidents' Transition Team @ the Trump Tower comes to the Legal end-point

if the Nominee is still being strung out in just plain hateful arrogance... the democrats will suffer greatly, especially in the 2018 mid-terms elections

I hope the bottom-of-the-barrel-Democrats go to the same bath-house and stew in Fukushima, glowing waters in their misguided selection of Therapy

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Let him play his little games. We don't need him to get this going. Actually things would work much better if Schumer, Pelosi, etc. We will just go nuclear!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Djarums

But that would completely subvert his well-established shtick and God knows we can't have that!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
Let him play his little games. We don't need him to get this going. Actually things would work much better if Schumer, Pelosi, etc. We will just go nuclear!

I think you got this backwards. the nuclear option is on the GOP side this time. Its to prevent filibuster.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I don't see why the Democrats are playing games with this nomination.

Gorsuch seems to be a fairly reasonable pick.

This is one issue I have with the Democrats. They should be better than this and not play these political games like the Republicans do.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Who cares, the Repubs will go nuclear option and get the nomination through anyway.

The Dems are stupid for wasting their chance now, another one will be coming up most likely while Trump is winning for America. Americans are sick of the traitor Lefties who oppose everything American and promote everything anti American, they will lose even more Big League in coming elections.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Uh Oh: Schumer Voted For Gorsuch in 2006 (And a Bunch of Other Democrats Did Too)

These people are hilarious. It's time to dry your tears and get back to running the country.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join