It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else sick of hearing how Islam is the religion of "peace"?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It isn't a religion of peace, that's label applied by the weak liberal moron. That's like saying poison is good for you. It's a harsh backward outdated barbaric religion.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

The guy who mowed down people in a car and stabbed a cop to death in London last week was not a descendant of any of those bombed countries though.
He converted to Islam, got radicalised either by British Muslims and/or online, then carried out his acts in the name of his twisted idea of religion.
That's the tragic issue, people who have no axe to grind because their countries were bombed, but killing solely because of their religious influences.

Am not sure if radical Islam was the cause or just a vehicle for him to vent and validate his already existing madness. It takes disaffected socially awkward people and gives them acceptance and even a purpose that can be twisted to seem noble...hence the number of nutjob ginger zealots you see with big arse beards screaming about Allah.

I tend to think if it wasn't Islam; these kinds of people would gravitate towards any ideology that's prepared to accept them whether it's nazism, pan African Marxist black groups, militant feminism...whatever. They're all there ready to scoop up loners and outcasts then put a battery in their back and make them feel special.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Oh I agree completely, there have to be issues going on somewhere to commit such an act.
I can't ever imagine myself being indoctrinated to do something like that by anyone because generally I'm pretty stable.

Fact remains it was radical Islam which pushed this guy's buttons. Religious ideology is to blame for the indoctrination in this case.

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
If we'reon the subject of things that you're sick of, I'll add mine. I'm sick of the feds and MSM telling us that " fake news" is bad and that we shouldn't get it off the internet from certain sites or persons. The MSM and government are the biggest purveyors of fake news and we're only going to the alternative news sources to try to get to the truth and to be allowed to decide for ourselves what the truth is. Now they're starting up an attack against talk radio again and blaming it for leading people towards dangerous ideologies. How freaking Orwellian of them to say that. I take guys like Rush and Hannity with a grain of salt. They're just an alternative to far left sources that you can find on Sirius. Neither has a monopoly on the truth and they sell what they do to whoever will buy it. It just seems the right has better salesmen and more people want what they sell. This all comes back to Pizzagate and it has them scared.
edit on 27-3-2017 by Dutchowl because: typo

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

I wholeheartedly agree. Unfortunately the purveyors of real fake news
(main stream media) simply don't care if people have become
disgusted with their arrogance.

Some of my favorite alternative news sites are Journal-neo.org and
LandDestroyer.blogspot.com

How coincidental with your post that Journal-neo.org
posted an article today titled The Public Enemies of World Truth.

Rush and Hannity only regurgitate main stream media BS, and
neither have the courage or knowledge to voice topics that might
scare their advertisers. George Noory has demonstrated a degree
of courage, though small, but much better than the popular talking
heads.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Old testament ring any bells with you. Full of blood and guts and reasons to go out and kill people.

Oddly, still being published.

So, you know, its out there.

Many serial killers have used it as justification too.

Just sayin.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

Agreed, but I've never heard anyone claim Christianity is "the" religion of peace.
Have you?
I think it is a rather bold claim for most major religions.
edit on 28.3.2017 by grainofsand because: typo

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

No, but I AM sick and tired of the constant and I mean constant flow of anti-Muslim rhetoric on this web site. Ever read the Old Testament in the Bible? Not exactly peace and love there either.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

The claim that Islam is the religion of peace is best understood when you understand the ArabIslamic understanding of peace. For them Peace = submission to Islam.

Beheading people who refuse to submit to Islam (the will of Allah) is seen as an act of mercy. To not submit to Allahs (God's )law is to live a life of misery and pain. It is merciful to put people out of their misery.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: PRSpinster

Ever read the Old Testament in the Bible? Not exactly peace and love there either.

I f you continue reading the Old testament you will find, among other things, that the Hebrews generally and the Jews specifically did not obey those Commandments of God that to the judgement of modern men are the most blood thirsty and cruel. Even though they knew their would be negative consequences for disobey they did so anyway for if not for peace and love at least for their own humanity and the acknowledged humanity of their enemies.

posted on Mar, 29 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: PRSpinster

No, but I AM sick and tired of the constant and I mean constant flow of anti-Muslim rhetoric on this web site. Ever read the Old Testament in the Bible? Not exactly peace and love there either.

Problem here is most christians basically abrogated the old testament, it is basically null and void. And jews, they don't seem to follow it either, there are even atheist jews.

But to be a muslim you must believe the Quran is the divine unchanging eternal word revealed to the last prophet, that is there won't be any more prophets to change it. And it along with the recordings of his life, must be taken as examples of exemplary behavior to be followed, and aspired to.

There are muslim countries where the penalty for apostasy is death, there are muslim countries where barbaric punishments like lashings and stoning take place, there are muslim countries where gays are killed merely for being gay.

And it seems like tens of millions potentially hundreds of millions are in favor of the murder in cold blood of innocents(in response to apostasy, loss of honor, homosexuality, etc). AFAIK, no other religion has that many followers wanting the death of innocents.

Can you say something like lashings, are barbaric and such punishment doesn't doesn't come from God and should never be done? IF you do won't that be blasphemy and might put you at risk for death?

If muslims reform and no longer view the Quran as the divine word revealed to their prophet, then they are no longer muslims.

It is like a christian that believes christ to be a mere man or perhaps even a myth. That is a christian in name only.
edit on 29-3-2017 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute
a reply to: namelesss

We are unique. There are people who are greater and lesser than us in terms of capacity, character and the likes. There are also people who are sometimes beyond our comprehension or shall we say; people that are not within our wavelength. There are people who sometimes have very poor comprehension, understanding and sensitivity. It is sometimes difficult to communicate to these kinds of people. Thus, sometimes it is better to keep things to our selves or not to react to people who don’t make sense at all. It is more often better to keep quiet than responding to things that are unimportant and to people who are shallow. Advice to live by.......

How wise of you, and what good advice!
Every word that I (speak or) type into this keypad, and site, is (heard and) read by exactly the right people who needed to hear it.
At exactly the right moment!
How and where and when seeds sprout is not my concern.
("Be unconcerned with the fruits of one's labor!")
All meaning is in the eye/thoughts of the beholder.
What advice might you offer to someone handing out unsolicited advice? *__-

If I (or anyone) actually had any choice, all the 'good advice' given (vainly) throughout the history of mankind might have made a skeeter's fart in a windstorm's worth of difference.
It hasn't, other than to the vanity of the 'advisor', and the people who compile and sell 'advice'!
Peace

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

"What advice might you offer to someone handing out unsolicited advice? *__-"

Advice, like opinions are worth exactly what they cost you. You realize that I am not worthy of your time and effort. I suggest you spread your message of light to those that are sorely in need. Perhaps you can start with the Muslim refugees who kill LGBT people and rape little boys and girls or the Antifa or BLM movement that promote violence and anarchy....they could use some of your enlightenment. There you go ........free advice.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilliamtheResolute

"What advice might you offer to someone handing out unsolicited advice? *__-"

Advice, like opinions are worth exactly what they cost you. You realize that I am not worthy of your time and effort. I suggest you spread your message of light to those that are sorely in need.

That it so disturbs you suggests that YOU are sorely in need. That YOU are not a happy camper.
Nevertheless...
You labor under two misconceptions.
The first is that I have any choice what or when to write.
The second is that you seem to think that what I write here is only directed at you.
It's not all about you.

Perhaps you can start with the Muslim refugees who kill LGBT people and rape little boys and girls or the Antifa or BLM movement that promote violence and anarchy....they could use some of your enlightenment. There you go ........free advice.

You are right, everyone needs unconditional Love.
Even people like you who have no Knowledge/experience of such Love.
Next time that you look in the mirror, ask the fellow you see before you how humanity is a better place with you in it.
And be honest.
What are YOU doing that makes the world a better place?
How are YOU the "change that you want to see?"

There is no need to respond, the questions are rhetorical.

And now, 'I am sick' of seeing this thread, so...
peace and Love! *__-

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Alas, another opinion.......

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
As it was recently pointed out in another thread, just 3% of the population fought in the Revolutionary War of 1776.

And we won.

So if just a small percentage of Islamic people want war, shouldn't we be just as concerned as King George was?

That would be because the French won it for you, not the 3%

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

Well, merde.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

originally posted by: DBCowboy
As it was recently pointed out in another thread, just 3% of the population fought in the Revolutionary War of 1776.

And we won.

So if just a small percentage of Islamic people want war, shouldn't we be just as concerned as King George was?

That would be because the French won it for you, not the 3%

True France supplied the money and arms and protected the coastline....but it was the 3% who fought and died.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: WilliamtheResolute

Incorrect,
essentially the revolution was proxy war between the French and English.

The revolution would have been a blip in time had the French not provided 95% of the gunpowder , 25 000 uniforms, infantry and naval support.

The British ships sent to smash the colonist rebels had to survive 12 naval battle rounds in the Atlantic with the French, weakening them considerably. Be under no delusion their Navy would have destroyed the colonists had they not been engaged by the French.

The Americans did NOT win the war with frontline - guerrilla tactics to beat the greatest Military might of the era. There were equal number of guerrilla 'attacks' between both sides, neither side making a definitive blow to their opposition. The fearsome British army of the late empire was not the units deployed in the colony. America was just one of many theaters of war for the British and their 45 000 troops slightly 'softened' colonialists themselves. Nor were the Brits able to get many more of their battle hardened troops over the the Ameircas as they were engaged in other fronts around the globe. The French navy also made it harder to get more boots on the ground.

The victory at Yorktown which was the deciding battle to end the war would not have been possible without the French. Not only was the entire thing financed by the French as you say, but their troops made up half the army there and the siege was DIRECTED by the French.

Most importantly French navy repelled the British navy’s attempt to rescue their besieged army.
The last sentence is the reason the war was won.

The point of all this?....don't believe all the myths about people and cultures and their history you are taught. And "rebelion" by small numbers are just pawns of a large socio economic global intrigue......
edit on 1-4-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

"The point of all this?....don't believe all the myths about people and cultures and their history you are taught."

I fail to see how my statement that "France supplied the money and arms and protected the coastline....but it was the 3% who fought and died," is inaccurate or required a History 101 update? I merely responded to your original post were you stated; "That would be because the French won it for you, not the 3%"," which I felt it was dismissive and an assumption.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join