It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone know what's going on in this video?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Not got much to say about it, just wantedto know what was happening? Which group of 'Muslims' are these? Are they chanting peaceful slogans? Are they even 'Muslims'?

I know there are loads of groups of the Islamic faith but I really don't know which ones are here peacefully.

I don't want this thread to run into a 'Muslim' bashing thread unless it's merited from the video, so please refrain from doing so until we know what's being chanted. Also, I don't want the thread being deleted as I want to know what exactly is going on in the video??

For those who don't know 'Leeds', it is a City in the N/E of England pretty cose to Sheffield. Video was uploaded today. I'm not sure if it was recorded today, yesterday or even this year!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Who knows....Sweet beard dye job!!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Looks to be a celebration of some sort? Maybe appointed a new Imam? (Or is it Iman)? One particular man seems to be being revered and venerated.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
Anyone know what's going on in this video?

Not a clue.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
ive seen many a muslim community hand out candy after terrorist attacks

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I am sure that it means nothing, but I am not accustomed to seeing Islamic Imams associated with flowers. it just stood out to me.
I am probably just ignorant and don't know enough Muslims.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I don't know but they are freaking loud! I wish someone could translate.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
LOLOL is he carrying the staff of Gandalf the white??

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Personally I really don't care what they celebrate [but I guess it's something I probably disagree with]. I am really offended that they call themselves British and that they have more often than not British passports.
Look at them. They are not friends and lovers of our culture. They hate our culture and want nothing to do with it and they are making that clear by the way they dress and hide themselves behind their language in areas that look like Pakistan rather than Britain as I cam to love it.

As you [may] know I am a German who came to Britain almost 30 years ago, 26 of them happily married to a Brit from the East End of London. I came because I loved everything British [learned now that not all is good but I wasn't disappointed]. We love driving through the countryside and sit in British pubs when the sun shines. We love old houses and villages that make you go ahhh.
I love the language and I know more about British comedy than some Brits.
For all intents and Purposes I am a Brit. Only my passport says different. When I tried to remedy that I am hit with a bill of £250 + all sorts of fees for multiple question tests etc.

I haven't got the money. But I really want to. I think I am an asset to this country and I have immersed myself completely.

And then I see beardy weirdos in dresses and sandals, with tea cosies on their heads completely, utterly and deliberately ignoring anything the country they live in has to offer [oh, of course apart from the free handouts and free health care]. I mean culturally and historically.

I always wanted to live in Britain [England] and I knew a lot about this country. I can unhappily say that these guys have never been interested at all in this culture and are certainly not here because they get warm feelings of 'Britishness' when they look around.

Yet they are BRITS and I am not!!!! AND YES I AM SHOUTING NOW BECAUSE IT IS SO BLOODY UNFAIR!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Clearly its his birthday, and they got him a makeover, new threads, and a sweet official licensed Gandalf the White staff

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Maybe they are celebrating moving to Hawaii since they put flowers around his neck? A lei?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It looks pretty obvious that they are celebrating some level of advancement in religious leadership for this dude.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
My first guess was a very merry Islamic Christmas celebration.
He pointsetas, the red and green garb.
Nothing more than a few gentleman celebrating the birth of Jesus

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I know it can only be because of my own warped way of seeing things; but has anyone else ever noticed how many of these guys are holding hands. No, not on this vid, but in general they hold another guys hand a lot. They will also kiss another guy right out in public. When you add this to the way they treat women; well, things just get curiouser and curiouser . This is even though they say it is proper punishment to kill "gays" and they cheer when it happens. Maybe they just don't like the competition.

Yes these things are ALL based in cultures and customs but I still find it a little odd to see.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: tinymind

I know it can only be because of my own warped way of seeing things; but has anyone else ever noticed how many of these guys are holding hands. No, not on this vid, but in general they hold another guys hand a lot. They will also kiss another guy right out in public. When you add this to the way they treat women; well, things just get curiouser and curiouser . This is even though they say it is proper punishment to kill "gays" and they cheer when it happens. Maybe they just don't like the competition.

Yes these things are ALL based in cultures and customs but I still find it a little odd to see.

I'll just leave this right here for you.....Take an hour or so and take a peek if you haven't already seen this

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Youre a Brit, a bit of paper doesnt make one anything. Its immersion and naturalization.. something youve mastered and could teach a few folks.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

I am watching that... and Id told some of these things here. People directly called me a liar. Those who had never been there and obviously dont have to look at their loved ones who are scarred and damaged from service. I cant hardly participate in these conversations anymore.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

I have seen the Vice video before and I have even shared it on an occasion or two.

More proof that we learn nothing, or we do nothing. Either way, we are sealing our own fate.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I'm pretty damned sure they are LARPing a Medieval gay wedding.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I'm pretty damned sure they are LARPing a Medieval gay wedding.

LMFAO!!! A beardy handfasting??

top topics

<<   2 >>

join