It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Bought A WWII M1 Garand. Part 1

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Check out Part 2 if you would like.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Garand thumbs up!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Never had a Garand thumb but i learned how to use the M1 from my father that served in WW2 in the 2nd Armored Division

I own a late WW2 Garand from the government springfield armory. that i got through CMP back in 1972.

A few years ago i converted my M1 into a M1 Garand scout rifle and have a adjustable gas plug so i can fire non M2 ball ammo.
and i converted the iron sights from yards to meters by using a M1A rear iron sight group

www.perfectunion.com...
www.creedmoorsports.com...
www.creedmoorsports.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ANNED

Huh, that's interesting. Will the M1A rear sight group bolt right onto a Garand, or is there gunsmithing involved?

Never thought about doing that!

I always thought it would be fun to put M1A sights on a Savage 12 BVSS (5.56 NATO) (heavy barrel) I've got and head out to the Hi Power, or 1,000m range.

Heh, on a funny (off-topic) side note, last time I was at the 1,000m range there were some guys shooting BP out there. What a hoot to watch. Looked like they were shooting artillery rounds! LOL! And they were actually hitting the targets too!

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: ANNED

Huh, that's interesting. Will the M1A rear sight group bolt right onto a Garand, or is there gunsmithing involved?

Never thought about doing that!

Heh, on a funny (off-topic) side note, last time I was at the 1,000m range there were some guys shooting BP out there. What a hoot to watch. Looked like they were shooting artillery rounds! LOL! And they were actually hitting the targets too!

There was no gunsmithing involved if you get the right parts.

I have a good idea those black powder shooters were using this type rifles that were use during the civil war as sniper rifles.
www.gunauction.com...
www.forgottenweapons.com...
www.jouster.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join