It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Trek - Horizon (fan fiction done well)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I am not sure if this has ever been brought up, I am short on time right now, but hoping it's new to some if at least.

I was never a fan of fan fiction, and the last Star Trek FF I saw was rather... well, obviously done with an iPhone. (that's a lie, but yikes)..

This however, despite the acting, has a good story, good CGI, and has entrapped me for most of the entire movie thus far. I have to pause it, so forgive me if the ending falls flat, I will know later.

But if you're a trekkie, give this a bit of a look. I am rather impressed that fans can create such a good thing, while we're inundated with twaddle from the holy hollywood. !!

Star Trek - Horizon.

edit on 23-3-2017 by LoneWrecche because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LoneWrecche

I watched some of it (about 20 min) and while the acting is weird, it does seem good as a fan film.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook

I watched some of it (about 20 min) and while the acting is weird, it does seem good as a fan film.

I do admit, the acting is what I'd expect from a fan film. Unpolished, and.. well.. Oo

And the last trek fan film I saw, was oh my god..

but the story seems quite well done, and I cannot fault the effects... most independent films are the same, something I find better than the likes of, say, transformers where you can't even see what's happening, it's all just motion.

I just thought it gets on to the story so well, definitely unexpected for me. I've not watched a great deal of fan fiction films, and this could, imo, have been a direct to tv thing. far better than the likes of asylum movies, or sharknado, et al. lol

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

I enjoyed this when I watched it a while back at first I thought the acting was awkward but the story and there characters grew on me and I ended up enjoying it probably as much as they did making it.

There are some very good star wars fan film's as well that are worth checking out.

Though too short and it's follow up a let down this was a fantastic short film with some excellent fight scene's, indeed better than Lucas Arts or Disney have done.

edit on 23-3-2017 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Awesome, I will check that out, it seems sometimes the fans know best what fans want!!

And sadly... I was watching just last night, a fan fiction type of movie.. 2 hours worth... made from the cut scenes of a star trek game made in 1997 where you got to control the movie. so it was done in a unique way, but it had kirk, checkov, etc all as main actors for the subtly parts.

It was rather well done, apart from the fact it was all 1997 game cut scenes lol... klingons, vulvans, etc all in their original form...
but I didn't make it past the 1:45 minute mark. more a fault on me than the movie.

star trek Horizon -- it's not bad if you have a few drinks

edit on 26-3-2017 by LoneWrecche because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-3-2017 by LoneWrecche because: (no reason given)

top topics

join