It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The importance of a picture

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I started a new instant messaging account today. The instant messaging program takes the contact list from your phone, and it gives you options on who you can add to your friend list based on who has an account with the instant messaging service. I was looking through the people who I could add, and I came across a person who I've had an interesting relationship with for years.

About two years ago she got me a job offer with a former employer which I couldn't take because I was in the middle of a contract. Last year should tried to help me get a job in the same place (she works there) by writing a letter of recommendation to the person who would have been in charge of hiring me. I don't know how that panned out because I never checked.

We have an interesting history. We've known each other for almost nine years. She was the first person I met in person when I came to work for my previous employer, and she was last person I spoke to when I left. The last time I saw her, she was pleading with me to stay.

I remember her flirting with me quite a bit back when both of us were happily married. I really didn't know what to make of that. She was promoted to being my boss without most of the qualifications to have the position. She betrayed me quite badly, and she helped me a lot. I tend to only remember the betrayals. I see her as being an angel and a devil wrapped into one.

I haven't seen her in almost five years. Think about what that means. Just last year she wrote a letter of recommendation for me when she hadn't seen or heard from me in almost four years. She did that based only on a phone call from me. She got me a job without seeing or hearing from me in almost three years.

When I saw her picture today, I could only see the angelic side of her. For years I had only thought of her fiendish, devilish side, but I went ahead and tried to add her to my friend list because I was literally blown away. She's quite stunningly beautiful, but don't peg me as being "superficial" here.

The importance of a picture is that you can sense a person's aura, sometimes see their eyes (the windows to the soul), and sometimes you can get a sense of what they're like in totality. None of that is superficial.

That's my story about the importance of a picture. A picture is worth a thousand words, and it can change everything.

I don't know if she'll accept my attempt to add her as a friend, but I sent her a text message to clear up my intentions. I'll post the result here when I find out about it.
edit on 23-3-2017 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Invite her to an Italian restaurant and share a nice red wine bottle.

Stop making circles.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

Invite her to an Italian restaurant and share a nice red wine bottle.

She is still married. I have no intention of cheating with anyone. Being friends could be great though.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It sound to me like you are carrying a torch for her. Remember what Billy Crystal said in, When Harry met Sally. Billy said " Men can't have a female friend with out sex getting in the way. You pretty much have to do it."
Good luck with your delicious dilemma.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I thought you were going to stop "gushing"

Oh well, if it wasn't a New Years resolution I suppose there's always next year. Of course, saying you were going to stop and not doing so? Is pretty on par with how most resolutions are handled.

I'm teasing at you... just because it seems you are all over the place trying to have someone in your life lately, hopefully such a thing isn't out of feeling desperate or just not feeling right with yourself, otherwsie that only harbingers doom on anything that may or could possibly develop eh?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigBrotherDarkness
I'm teasing at you... just because it seems you are all over the place trying to have someone in your life lately, hopefully such a thing isn't out of feeling desperate or just not feeling right with yourself, otherwsie that only harbingers doom on anything that may or could possibly develop eh?

My recent posts sound a little desperate. I realize that. I can't say the events are unrelated. I started using the instant messaging I mentioned in the original post because it's what my ex-girlfriend uses most. My ex-wife has been trying to get me to use that instant messaging program for a long time, but I ignored her about it.

If I would have seen the picture of the woman I discussed in the original post two years ago, I probably would have taken that job offer. That's how much that picture means to me. It was a rush of memories that was fairly unforgettable. It will probably never happen again because I'll never be linked to a person the way I'm linked to that person again. That could never happen again. It's age, maturity, and a lot of other factors.

This situation is a one-off that I had to write about.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 04:45 AM
link   

So still mentally hitched to two ex's and now thinking about someone else... well at least they are all in one convenient location? My goodness, Profusion... I dont really know what to say, so I'll ask a question are you prone to self abuse. It seems like you keep creating problems for yourself; even when no problems are present... like you are constantly searching for something in someone that cannot be found... perhaps that thing is in you? I honestly think it is if you would perhaps give yourself time to look; instead of chasing drama from one place to the next by creating it.

I've been there... that's how I know this crap when I see it; of course years and years ago I saw I was just self sabatoging making myself and the women accepting me in their life miserable, not knowing really what the hell I wanted but at that time I could have said... but I couldnt be honest to myself or them about it so I'd run around chasing my tale I was telling myself too. Telling others is like looking for some kind of permission if you're honest about it isn't it?

You dont have to reply obviously, having put you on the spot in a sense... but as a forum friend, I can see that you're open and honest about things, see those things, admit those things, which means you've a good heart with good intentions but have no damned idea what those intentions are ya know? Kinda like drifting on along. It hurts being such a way as roots never really seem to develop being so flighty and indecisive.

Well, I'm going to put my foot down in tough love... hell no a picture is not important; what is in someone heart is their mind is not who they are, the mind is anchorless until you give it one, otherwise it just drifts around aimlessly.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Well, I'm going to put my foot down in tough love... hell no a picture is not important; what is in someone heart is their mind is not who they are, the mind is anchorless until you give it one, otherwise it just drifts around aimlessly.

She's the kind of person who can light up a room all by herself. That picture reminded me of that. It really captured that aspect of her well. It's a quality that is very rare in my experience. I couldn't disagree with you more about a picture not being important.

To show you how important this picture was...

I made an account using a phone number that almost no one who knows me knows about. When I tried to add the woman I mentioned in the original post as a friend, I realized that she wouldn't be able to identify my phone number. I thought that would be a huge problem, so I created a new account using my old phone number. Several people from my past immediately found my account and added me as a friend. One of them was a woman I dated last year. I just chatted with her out of politeness and nothing else. Who knows what could happen there if I keep chatting with her. I stopped communicating with her after I found her to be too erratic. The sample size was small, so I could have been wrong.

The point is that that picture has already changed my life and the lives of at least two other people slightly. If I would have seen that picture sooner, it may have changed it more.

If it weren't for that picture, the instant messaging account we're discussing would have almost certainly been used only for chatting with my ex-wife and my ex-girlfriend. Now, who knows?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

So she's looks happy and all aglow are you gonna go cast a shadow? Or is that happy and all aglow what you are really after and think she's got some of it for you... I say this; because there was a point in my stopping the same sort of business; where I figured it was best to just start saving people from me... part of that being honest to oneself taking hold, til I could get right with myself by taking the time to truly look at what ex's had to say about me... women are honest, they are not telling you faults or issues to hurt you, just trying to show you how you are hurting yourself and in turn hurt them unaware of such things.

Have you taken defense what ex's have said about you; so that you can wallow around being the same ol same ol? Or have you taken the time to let their honesty sink in so you can let it be a lesson in being honest with yourself?

Yeah it sucks being called out on stuff... I used to get defensive; like what do you mean I don't listen or communicate? Having some agenda or inner dialog going on that they were never aware of and not really considering what they had to say was a very painful realization long after the fact in letting that sink in by taking the time out... they wouldn't be just making that stuff up, and why didn't I ever really consider it before? Because I didn't bloody listen or communicate.

Lots of difficult lessons to be learned and women as a significant other are such grand teachers... that they will accelerate your learning far far greater than one could ever imgine about oneself if you simply give them the chance by listening and communicating and not going on defence. As the male it is sort of ingrained that you should be defending her not oneself against her... why would she want to attack you anyway? Toilet seat left up or not replacing the roll? Perhaps, but honestly valid in such a case. To be honest I close both lids, and if you pinch the roll by the edge and pull? It will tear right off the spindle in a long strip making it really easy to change.

It helps to imagine someone else saying to you; what you are abuot to say to them and thinking "how would I take it?" I am only saying this to protect her glow; by saying sure why not talk to her, but at the same time, take that time to truly flatter her, by assessing what others have said to you in the past and really absorb it, Then you'll be glowing too and not having to chase it... when you see it like some doomed moth to a flame... that way you'll become a light to those you may happen to get involved with and both get to keep glowing right along.

Good luck there fella

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Then you'll be glowing too and not having to chase it... when you see it like some doomed moth to a flame... that way you'll become a light to those you may happen to get involved with and both get to keep glowing right along.

I'm not chasing her glowing nature. I'm always after synergy in any type of relationship. I always wondered what that would have been like with the woman I discussed in the original post. She pursued that with me. At one point after we had known each other for a couple of years, she was going to visit me at my home to celebrate my birthday with her one on one. That was when we were both married. I called it off at the last minute because I thought it was too dangerous. You're acting like I was pursuing her, and it was one-sided. That is completely wrong.

My view is if there isn't synergy then a friendship/relationship usually isn't worth pursuing or continuing.

This will sound like bragging, but I have come across only one person that I thought was giving me more than I was giving them in a friendship (including significant others). That's a story that deserves its own thread. I'm not sure who's getting more from the interaction anymore with that person. It seems fairly balanced now based on what that person is telling me. I think we've reached synergy where both sides are putting in an equal amount. I think what happened over the years that I've known that person is that I have became a lot stronger, and they became considerably weaker. There was a time when I got more from them than they gave me, but I think it's balanced now. We achieved synergy long ago as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

. It seems like you keep creating problems for yourself; even when no problems are present... like you are constantly searching for something in someone that cannot be found... perhaps that thing is in you? I honestly think it is if you would perhaps give yourself time to look; instead of chasing drama from one place to the next by creating it

yep...another Profusion thread

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Hey profusion, this is not an attack just constructive criticism. You go from importance to face to face, because you ran into an old friend on the street, to the importance of a picture because you seen a recent picture of an old friend. You then say she was the devil, but you are able to ignore that because how she looks. You are all over the place with these threads, and imho I think you just need to focus on yourself for a bit and try to find yourself. You seem like an honest person with a good heart that is going through a phase. You mentioned an ex-wife and several ex-gfs and every new thread you speak on a new girlfriend and a new situation. You see the trend here?

Take some time and focus on yourself, because when you find yourself, the right things will find you. Hopefully this makes sense to you and good luck.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

You're taking things out of context. The picture that I saw today was of someone I was around regularly for four years. In this case, the picture reminded me of old times, lots of memories.

It's the opposite of your jumbled analysis. Seeing a picture of someone you've known for years in real life can do what I described in the original post of this thread.

That has no relationship to looking at a picture of someone you've never met and judging them on it. There is no connection between those two things.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I'm not taking anything out of context, plus I'm not basing it on only this one post. Look I'm not here to debate or argue, just giving you my input since you keep posting these types of threads.Take it for what you will. Good luck

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
"angel and a devil wrapped in one."

Women

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

I am saying you were speaking as if you are pursuing her now; it is pretty obvious she was going above and beyond the call of friendship in those past interactions... I have been with women that had a significant other and didn't know it at the time... some women enjoy conquest too, making it so difficult for that woman probably had her twisted all up, like any normal pig would have leaped by now, so not leaping was like dangling a carrot at her.

So now here you are all gushing over some past moments and a glowing photo; perhaps with some woulda shoulda coulda business? As said; getting that head and heart of yours going as one thing? Is going to be the best "synergy" you'll ever encounter. Then you can just be and they can just be and then just being together occurs.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Oh and how such stands to reason.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Profusion

It seems ALL your situations are a one off.

What a complicated life you lead!!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

As said; getting that head and heart of yours going as one thing? Is going to be the best "synergy" you'll ever encounter. Then you can just be and they can just be and then just being together occurs.

I don't want to be that controlled. I believe in chaos yielding the best results to a certain extent. I certainly believe in chaos yielding the best results when it comes to one's heart. I believe having the head and the heart going in the same direction would hurt one's creativity and intuition too much to even think consider going in that direction.

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: Profusion

It seems ALL your situations are a one off.

What a complicated life you lead!!

I don't think my life is more complicated than that of most other people. In fact, I believe it's quite the opposite. I happen to use this forum as a personal diary sometimes, so it can create an appearance that's deceiving.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
She added me as a friend!!!!!! I have a total adrenaline rush right now, and I'm shaking from it.

I didn't think that would happen after she didn't reply to my text message, so I sent her an email to really clear it up.

This story will live on. I'll continue to post about it here because there's no way in hell she would ever come to this forum.

This is an amazing story.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join