It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Religious freedom is important.

But so is my privacy. Why do Witnesses think it's ok to come through my gate, into my yard, when they don't know me?

The Big "No Soliciting" sign on my porch worked for me, kept those pesky magazine sellers and alarm people away as well. If they knocked or rang my doorbell I would point to the sign and close the door.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: RobertConrad

originally posted by: Lysergic
a reply to: RobertConrad

Don't worry, I won't let them put you in an oven.

We are not worried.

It is for your good we are doing this. You think we fear what is about to happen on the world stage?

Are you one of the 144,000?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Knocking on your door is not an invasion of your privacy.

Grow a pair.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

Double oven! FIRE THE DOUBLE OVEN NOW!

(Daniel 3:19-29) . . .Then Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar became so furious with Shaʹdrach, Meʹshach, and A·bedʹne·go that the expression of his face changed toward them, and he gave orders to heat the furnace seven times hotter than usual. 20 He ordered some of the mighty men from his army to bind Shaʹdrach, Meʹshach, and A·bedʹne·go and to throw them into the burning fiery furnace. 21 So these men were tied up while still wearing their cloaks, garments, caps, and all their other clothing, and they were thrown into the burning fiery furnace. 22 Because the king’s command was so harsh and the furnace was exceptionally hot, the men who took up Shaʹdrach, Meʹshach, and A·bedʹne·go were the ones killed by the flames of the fire. 23 But these three men, Shaʹdrach, Meʹshach, and A·bedʹne·go, fell bound into the burning fiery furnace. 24 King Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar then became frightened and quickly rose up and said to his high officials: “Did we not tie up three men and throw them into the fire?” They answered the king: “Yes, O king.” 25 He said: “Look! I see four men walking about free in the midst of the fire, and they are unharmed, and the fourth one looks like a son of the gods.” 26 Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar approached the door of the burning fiery furnace and said: “Shaʹdrach, Meʹshach, and A·bedʹne·go, you servants of the Most High God, step out and come here!” Shaʹdrach, Meʹshach, and A·bedʹne·go stepped out from the midst of the fire. 27 And the satraps, prefects, governors, and the high officials of the king who were assembled there saw that the fire had had no effect on the bodies of these men; not a hair of their heads had been singed, their cloaks looked no different, and there was not even the smell of fire on them. 28 Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar then declared: “Praised be the God of Shaʹdrach, Meʹshach, and A·bedʹne·go, who sent his angel and rescued his servants. They trusted in him and went against the command of the king and were willing to die rather than serve or worship any god except their own God. 29 I am therefore issuing an order that any people, nation, or language group that says anything against the God of Shaʹdrach, Meʹshach, and A·bedʹne·go should be dismembered, and their houses should be turned into public latrines; for there is no other god who is able to rescue like this one.”

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

We are not worried.

It is for your good we are doing this. You think we fear what is about to happen on the world stage?

Doubtful.... unless Jewish.

“Then I heard the number of those who were sealed: 144,000 from all the tribes of Israel” (Revelation 7:4), nothing in the passage leads to interpreting the 144,000 as anything but a literal number of Jews—12,000 taken from every tribe of the “sons of Israel.” The New Testament offers no clear cut text replacing Israel with the church.

These Jews are “sealed,” which means they have the special protection of God from all of the divine judgments and from the Antichrist to perform their mission during the tribulation period (see Revelation 6:17, in which people will wonder who can stand from the wrath to come).

The tribulation period is a future seven-year period of time in which God will enact divine judgment against those who reject Him and will complete His plan of salvation for the nation of Israel. All of this is according to God’s revelation to the prophet Daniel (Daniel 9:24–27).

The 144,000 Jews are a sort of “first fruits” (Revelation 14:4) of a redeemed Israel which has been previously prophesied (Zechariah 12:10; Romans 11:25–27), and their mission seems to be to evangelize the post-rapture world and proclaim the gospel during the tribulation period.

As a result of their ministry, millions—“a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language” (Revelation 7:9)—will come to faith in Christ.

edit on 23-3-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

We are not worried.

Yes.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:36 AM
link   

We are not worried.

Yes.

How did you attain that status of being one of the 144,000?

Do you get a serial number?

How do you know they're not oversubscribing the numbers and you may get there and Heaven is full?

edit on 23-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

There is a door they can knock on.
When I don't answer the door, coming through my gate into my yard, is an invasion.

edit on 3/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

We are not worried.

Yes.

How do you know they're not oversubscribing the numbers and you may get there and Heaven is full?

These things are not for you to know. You ask the wrong questions to begin with.

You see. A physical man sees physical things and wants the physical. The spiritual man, the one called and chosen seeks the spiritual and longs for release to be with the great Spirit.

It is not something you can do to yourself, any more than you have the choice to being born.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

a reply to: NthOther

There is a door they can knock on.
When I don't answer the door, coming through my gate into my yard, is an invasion.

Lock your gate.

You know they are only trying to save you right?
edit on 23-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Sound advice no matter where one lives.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

We are not worried.

Yes.

From my understanding, Watchtower theory that only 144,000 go to heaven. It is ridiculous with zero biblical foundation.

These terms do not appear together in the Bible, and there is no reason to believe they refer to the same group. Yet Watchtower publications group "little flock" and "144,000" together over 300 times over the last 5 decades.

The 144,000 (hundred and forty-four thousand) are described only twice in the Bible at Revelation 7 and 14, and the term Little Flock appears only once:

Luke 12:32 "Have no fear, little flock, because YOUR Father has approved of giving YOU the kingdom."

To group these terms and claim heaven will be limited to a little flock results from an eisegesis doctrinal approach, as the context of Revelation and the gospels contain no such arbitrary links. As shown at Great Crowd, the other sheep (gentiles) actually become part of the little flock (Jews) and the great crowd is a heavenly group.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
In Australia they do not report Children being raped ... unless ... there are at least two witnesses.

Go Russia!

P

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Less cults, the better.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Ok.
I'm convinced.
I will write Putin a letter of protest.

My wife and I are as well. As should any peace-loving and freedom-loving person, after reviewing the facts.

You are a good person at heart.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Religious freedom is important but the world will not end if Russia doesn't like Witnesses.

Satan and Jehovah do not exist.

But the world will end if Russia likes Trump?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Religious freedom is important but the world will not end if Russia doesn't like Witnesses.

Satan and Jehovah do not exist.

But the world will end if Russia likes Trump?

You're always bringing Trump and politics up in unrelated threads. Go away.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

These things are not for you to know. You ask the wrong questions to begin with.

See, that's why I hate religions. That is such a bullsh*t answer.

Have fun passing out your flyers in heaven when I'm rocking out with the punk rockers in hell.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   
These are exciting times to be living in.

And yes, for the hundreds of thousands who suffer persecution because of hatred, it certainly is a hard time. I too have suffered it, even false accusations, of so heinous a nature it is beyond belief. No doubt many here would not care.

But this is not for everyone. There are good people still. They are being sought out.

And perhaps you think that the ban on a peaceful people you hate is not your business, but it is. It is a litmus test.

Miners used to take canneries down into the mine with them. If the cannery died they knew it was time to get out. Because there was poison in the air.

The problem is, too many people have no idea of what is going on, and what they are witnessing.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman

See, that's why I hate religions. That is such a bullsh*t answer.

Have fun passing out your flyers in heaven when I'm rocking out with the punk rockers in hell.

No indeed, that is not why you hate religion. It is because it is at the forefront of so many problems on earth. If I were to give you the answer you would not believe it anyway. So...respectfully...no...many like you are at the forefront of the ban of religion on earth.

And it will happen. But in God's time, not yours.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join