It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
a reply to: RobertConrad

These things are not for you to know. You ask the wrong questions to begin with.

See, that's why I hate religions. That is such a bullsh*t answer.

Have fun passing out your flyers in heaven when I'm rocking out with the punk rockers in hell.

Ecclesiastes 9:10

10 Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave,* where you are going.

*: Or “Sheol,” that is, the common grave of mankind. See Glossary.

Sorry, no wild parties in "hell", the afterparty (after Armageddon) has been cancelled as well for lack of possible attendees.
What the h*ll is HELL anyway? Are you going there?

Genesis 3:19

19 In the sweat of your face you will eat bread* until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.”

*: Or “food.”
edit on 8-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic
The video is an accurate representation of the history of the JW Church.

You cannot dispute that, only make comments about a still image of some ladies face?

Watch the video and dispute the content, you can't as it's based on the history of the church itself.

If you can point me to the parts of the video that are inaccurate, that can be discussed, other than that your argument is invalid.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Charles Russel believed the "time of the end" in Daniel 12 ran from 1799 to 1914, that Christ had returned to earth in 1874, began his reign in 1878 and that from that date the anointed had been resurrected to heaven at their death. He initially taught that Armageddon had begun in 1874, which would culminate in worldwide anarchy and the overthrow of all political rulership in 1914 .

Rutherford's term as president was marked by a succession of changes to doctrines, with many of Russell's teachings altered or abandoned and many new teachings introduced. The Finished Mystery declared that God would destroy churches "wholesale" and church members by the millions in 1918,[127] and that all earthly governments would be destroyed in 1920, resulting in anarchy.

WHY WOULD YOU FOLLOW THE BELIEFS OF A CRAZY CULTISTS?

DID YOU NOT NOTICE THE WORLD DID NOT END?

Correction: The Bible Students (As Jehovah's Witnesses were then known) predicted 1914 as the year Jesus received the Kingdom. Although they were unclear as to how the date would unfold, the year proved to be a pivotal year in all of history with the outbreak of WW1 and also pestilence such as the Spanish Flu that soon followed. The date concretely established the beginning of the subsequent signs of the times mentioned at Matthew Chapter 24 and 25. I don't think you can safely conclude that such insight comes from crazy cultists, can you?

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I know you're not allowed to speak to me. It's one of your silly cults rules.

Anyone who talks bad about the jw cult has to be ignored.

I'll still be around though and I'll very likely be posting a lot more links.

That is incorrect. I will address your comment directly, and your ascertainment of facts is inaccurate. JW's do not tolerate crimes against children, whether denying medical treatment or any sort of abuse. Any abuse against children is to be reported to the authorities, and anyone who is known to have harmed children in the past cannot have any responsibility in the congregations. JW's do not prevent anyone from attending congregational meetings, but if someone is known to have perpetrated crimes against children the body of elders is notified to monitor that individual as to not let them near the children in the church. Cases where these measures were not taken, are solely by people who do not follow the instructions of the Congregation as a whole, and are negligent. I dare you to name another church that takes such measures to protect the children. Your facts are baseless and I would be happy to get into the gladiator pit with your other worthless falsities.

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Why let the children die instead of giving them a blood transfusion?

Thats just sickening.

Can anyone justify this?

Yes, they can. Bloodless surgery is safer, and is line with God's laws. Get educated:

Jehovah's Witnesses Recover Best From Surgery

posted on Apr, 10 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I wouldnt want to meet their lawyers :-)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Religious freedom is important.

But so is my privacy. Why do Witnesses think it's ok to come through my gate, into my yard, when they don't know me?

Believe me, I would rather be eating nachos, cracking open a beer, and watching football on a Saturday morning than knocking on your door. I suppose the police and fire department don't enjoy going door to door to tell people to evacuate the beach when a hurricane is coming either. It must be done though to help people live.

edit on 11-4-2017 by TheChrome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheChrome

Thats just sickening.

Can anyone justify this?

Yes, they can. Bloodless surgery is safer, and is line with God's laws. Get educated:

Not always an option.

Your religious beliefs kills children.

But children die all the time so it's ok.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TheChrome

so the patients that get a more :

costly
labour intensive
complex
time consuming

treatment - that also requires extensive pre planning have a better prognosis for recovery ?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Thats just sickening.

Can anyone justify this?

Not always an option.

Your religious beliefs kills children.

But children die all the time so it's ok.

I think your assumptions are pretty deranged and skewed. I will not tolerate such accusations from you as they are false. Jehovah's Witnesses seek to do everything in their power to help and protect children, just as they do people in general.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

so the patients that get a more :

costly
labour intensive
complex
time consuming

treatment - that also requires extensive pre planning have a better prognosis for recovery ?

Since when does laziness equate to sound medicine?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

I changed my idea!

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

www.krev.info...

The religion is not still refusing blood transfusions for children?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:49 AM
link   

www.krev.info...

I was taken by court order from my parents when I was a child and given a blood transfusion. Your arguments are not valid. I was raped by blood

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

www.krev.info...

I was taken by court order from my parents when I was a child and given a blood transfusion. Your arguments are not valid. I was raped by blood

You are so not getting into heaven, you are screwed now.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

www.krev.info...

You are so not getting into heaven, you are screwed now.

Of course man was created to live on earth, as the bible says. This is not complicated "Happy are the mild tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth." -Matthew 5:5

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Are you one of the 144,000?

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Are you one of the 144,000?

Are you of the wheat or the weeds? (Mathew 13:24-30)

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I already posted links showing what the jw cult leaders have said and what internal "laws" they have made to protect child abusers. The whole "2 witnesses" for an abuse to even be looked at.

But I guess you forgot about that.

posted on Apr, 11 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

I already posted links showing what the jw cult leaders have said and what internal "laws" they have made to protect child abusers. The whole "2 witnesses" for an abuse to even be looked at.

But I guess you forgot about that.

This is false information. In all actuality it is inverse of the information you report. The BBC article you posted about databases is true, except that the database is in place to warn the congregation of potential abusers, rather than protect abusers. The article is a complete perversion of the truth. Your information is not correct, so I encourage you to get your facts straight.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join