It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Difficulties of a Man Giving Birth - Born form Suffering the Untrammeled Mirror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Yes, I said a man giving birth. By man, I mean mankind of course. Giving birth in this case is not the type of child you might imagine, but the process is just as important. Like a child, what you produce will be an aspect of yourself that extends into the future, wholly dependent on you for development once born. If this child develops maladaptive behavior, in this case, it is entirely the fault of the parent and conditions of the environment. In the case of maladaptive behavior, suffering will always be the root cause of improper adaption to the human essence. The child in question can also develop adaptive behaviors leading to further conditions of necessity. Both males and females give birth to these offspring, relative to conditions.

From the Diamond Sutra of Vajra Prajña Paramita

What are these children with relative potential?

Dharma does not arise alone.
Relying on conditions it is born.
The Way is not practiced in vain.
Meeting conditions there is a response.

I came across this cryptic little jewel this evening while reading the opening introduction and preface of the Vajra Prajña Paramita Sutra. I have always loved this Sutra. The opening lines give away the essence and meaning behind leaving our true home for pilgrimage in the various worlds of creation. Give me a chance to quickly give you the hidden meaning in the opening lines, and I will then return to the four lines above. Only four lines is all you need to see how a child of God is raised in the universe of unlimited potential- your mind.

Eating from the Bowl - Hanging the Robe - Washing Feet

One day, at the time for breaking fast, the World-honored
One enrobed, and carrying His bowl made His way into the
great city of Shravasti to beg for His food.

In the midst of the city He begged from door to door
according to rule. This done, He returned to His retreat and
took His meal. When He had finished He put away His robe
and begging bowl, washed His feet, arranged His seat, and sat
down.

TRANSLATION: In life, we put on the robe (Buddha Body) to enter the assembly for reasons of great significance. The bowl is the mind, or the reception of food to eat. Begging is seeking and knocking for the food. The feet are then washed, robe (Buddha Body) hung and bowl put away empty when finished. None of these items were the point of the journey. So what is the point of our journey? What is received from suffering the various trials and tribulations of life? The Bodhi Mind.

Dharma does not arise alone.

---Dharma is a word meaning universal nature, but this does not imply one single nature of cosmic order. There are many Dharmas that could be described. All natures are prerequisite to themselves. In other words, if you claim peace, you must be peaceful. In all cases, virtues are like Dharmas. So are vices. You might examine Ahisma, or non-injury and compassion as examples. Dharmas are relative, just as all virtues have relatives. Giving birth to a relative implies the child could be either side of the mean desired. What we think gives birth to the world around us. Is Dharma the child? Not at all. Virtue is the absolute birthed from the relative Dharma. For more on this, see Sickness and Medicine Cancel - Two made one - the Child of Virute

Relying on conditions it is born.

---When conditions are good, fruit ripens, just as thoughts grow and manifest. Setting conditions for birth requires preparation and planning.

The Way is not practiced in vain.

---The Way is outlined in many Eastern texts, as well as the path of the early Christians. As with the raising of children, there are methods leading to adaptation and proper behaviors. Dharmas are no exception. Suffering will often produce maladaption.

Meeting conditions there is a response.

---If you look at the Cosmic order of the universe, it is clear that relative states are bound by cause and effect, just as our own inner mind is parallel to that of the universe around us. With conditions set to understanding, birth and life happen. Suffering to raise children is then the requirement of the conditions arising.

"An Ancient said, "Mind is the sense faculty, things are the objects; both elements are like flaws on a mirror." When you get to this realm you will naturally be clean and naked, bare and untrammelled. Even the ultimate principle of theory is not yet the place of peace and security. People often misunderstand this point; they stay within the realm of unconcern and neither pay homage to the Buddhas nor burn incense. They do indeed seem to be right, but in spite of that they're totally wrong. When questioned, their replies do resemble the ultimate principle, but as soon as they are pressed, they're shattered, confused; they sit there with an empty belly and a proud heart, but when they get to their last day they'll wring their hands and beat their breasts, but it'll already be too late." Bluecliff Record

Paying homage to the Buddha is paying respect to the MUNI, or the duty of the Sage. ComMUNIcation is the function of the Duty. It has been said that listening is the sincerest form of gratitude. The burning of incense is prayer, or our mind rising back to heaven in comMUNIcation. Note the juxtaposition between paying homage to past sages of enlightenment and our own thankful prayer for the food in our bowl. Raising children is not just the duty of you, but your partner. In this case, we need our relatives to assist. In all cases, time gives us a way to travel back into the past.

If raised correctly, our children will reflect the higher nature the universe mirrors (relatives that came before). The children here are not literal offspring, but relative natures we develop within ourselves to overcome the darkness of a life unlived. What kind of family surrounds you? If the answer to this question is not the pride of life lived well, then set conditions to birth new natures. Do Yoga (union) using a time machine. Read the linked Sutra. Join a family of minds that have transcended the suffering of life with skills that have been passed on. Practice the Way. Meet conditions with the appropriate natures that have been taught by countless sages from the past.

You are the patched robe Muni on the Journey

If you can do this, Dharma arises with a companion. It takes two to make a child. You and your higher nature. You are never alone. Sit at the feet of the Buddha and learn the Way. You might be surprised what you learn in relation to what you already know. No relative is to be left out of Absolute. Do not judge. Value every Child that has ever traveled this same path.

THE WAY

edit on 22-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: For reasons which will only be made clear in the world to come. For now, enjoy this day after yesterday. It's always the day after yesterday until it's the day after tomorrow!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DayAfterTomorrow

The Physical and Psychological Heath of a Young Child from Birth can Also Determine it's Maladaptive Behavior, or lack of , regardless of it's Parental Upbringing . Have you considered that Factor ?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

The Physical and Psychological Heath of a Young Child from Birth can Also Determine it's Maladaptive Behavior, or lack of , regardless of it's Parental Upbringing . Have you considered that Factor ?

Conditions demand the virtue that is necessitated by the condition. Think larger than one life. Think larger than equality of temporary life. What is needed by one mind may not be the necessity and condition of another. We are not the judge of this, but I do think we choose the life we need before entering the stream. I also think many of us come into life for the benefit of others. Who's to say what benefit may come? Do scriptures say there is penance involved with life? It's a touchy subject, yet we again are not the judge of karmic payments. Even so, you can get out of life what you put into life.

edit on 22-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The Goal - Non-attachment Reveals the True Higher Nature

If you are attached to the Buddha, then you are attached to the mark of people. If you are attached to the Dharma then you are attached to the mark of dharmas. If you are attached to emptiness, you are attached to the mark of emptiness. That is not what is called sweeping away all dharmas and leaving all marks. If you leave all marks, that is Dharma. If you cannot leave all marks, you have attachments and your originally existent face, your native intelligence, the treasure of your household, your self-nature’s prajnà cannot appear. If it cannot appear, is it lost? No, it is not lost. It is simply that you cannot use it. For example, if in a dream you forget you are wealthy, your riches are useless. If you awaken from the dream, then even the great thousand world is empty. To what can you attach?

Prajna - direct insight into the truth taught by the Buddha, as a faculty required to attain enlightenment.

“Offenses are empty, blessings are empty, everything is empty.Ÿ If you do not perform acts of merit and virtue you create offenses and bad karma. Right practice is to do good deeds and not to be attached to them. It is essential to perform acts of merit and virtue and maintain the precepts. If you do not maintain the precepts you can fall into the hells. Everyone should be very clear about that.

Note the relation to the concept of Grace as unmerited favor in the Christian scriptures. Can good works save us? No, yet faithfulness (Faith) is a necessity. What holds us bound to the law of sin and death?

Galatians 3

23 Before the coming of this faith, we were held in custody under the law, locked up until the faith that was to come would be revealed. 24 So the law was our guardian until Christ came that we might be justified by faith. 25 Now that this faith has come, we are no longer under a guardian.

How is Faith born?

Galatians 5

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

See the parallel between scriptures. Non-attachment to the flesh is the birth of the virtue. Virtue is absolute, with no relative other than our refinement of it. Good for its own sake and no more. In other words, no duplicity. Duplicity seeks to avoid judgment (self interest), or to gain reward (also a selfish desire). In the essence of both scriptures, good is the giving from the same treasury we give to, or the recognition of ourselves in others.

Unity from Love, the highest virtue. See this: Sickness and Medicine

edit on 22-3-2017 by DayAfterTomorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Do you want Enlightenment ?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: kibric

Do you want Enlightenment ?

Light of the Higher mind is beyond the mystery.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

simple
yes or no

want it or not ?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:44 PM
link   

simple
yes or no

want it or not ?

Wanting is desire, or lacking something. We are all enlightened already. I'm brimful, but my bowl is empty.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   

is it such a hard question to say No to ?

when you think about the question
does it need a longer answer ?

what does it say about me
if I cant reply to it with a simple Yes or No

maybe need to contemplate the question a little longer ?

edit on 22-3-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

I do enjoy this line. LINK

Only to find he had been here before
back in this moment again
with Lord Yama at the door

Are you familiar with the concept of Yama's rule at the moment the line of time engages at the fourth dimension? Above the fourth dimension, there is the branching of indeterminate wave function, or choice. Although he does not rule more than the control point of the choice, we do have the choice. Once the image is shattered...

The absolute within the relative (The level of the ordinary person, for
whom the absolute is totally concealed within mundane conventional reality)
"The moon in the water, the image in the mirror: [since the absolute is]
fundamentally without origin or extinction, how could any traces [of it] remain?"

47: How can we escape?

Stone River cited this case:

"A monk asked Dongshan, ’When cold and hot come, how can we
escape?’ Dongshan said, 'Why not go to where there is no cold and hot?’

The monk asked, 'What is the place where there is no cold and hot?’

Dongshan said, 'When it’s cold the cold kills you and when it’s hot
the heat kills you.’”

Stone River commented:

"In Dongshan’s school they have the five ranks of correct and
biased interchanging and intercommunicating. The station of the correct
is correct, yet still biased. The station of the biased is biased, yet still
correct. Ultimately, what is the place where there is no cold and hot?”

Stone River gave a shout and said:

"Don’t go to sleep!”

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   

is it such a hard question to say No to ?

when you think about the question
does it need a longer answer ?

what does it say about me
if I cant reply to it with a simple Yes or No

maybe need to contemplate the question a little longer ?

Is lack of light the problem, or realization of it? Are you asking me, or yourself? This matters.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

that's a pretty funny story/case
thanks

"Don’t go to sleep!”

lol

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

i'm asking you
young fellow

Do you want enlightenment/liberation/Samadhi

yes or no ?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Sitting is only half. Practice requires performance. All of us already have enlightenment. Mastery is the other half. The quest.

An answer brings no illumination unless the question has matured to a point where it gives rise to this answer which thus becomes its fruit. Therefore learn how to put a question.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

enlightenment/liberation/Samadhi

Three different things. Have you seen the movie, The Shack? When given the choice, did Mac stay with God and his daughter, or did he return as the Bodhisattva?

Go see the movie.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DayAfterTomorrow

Sitting is only half. Practice requires performance. All of us already have enlightenment. Mastery is the other half. The quest.

An answer brings no illumination unless the question has matured to a point where it gives rise to this answer which thus becomes its fruit. Therefore learn how to put a question.

And I thought he trapped you. Boy, was I wrong.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It is easy to get lost in the myriad of ideas around religious ways of being. Recently I've been studying Jungian psychology of character types. There is a psychological type called the “Divine Child”. The Divine Child experiences everything with the deepest possible connection. The Divine Child has no sense of boundaries in the world. The Divine Child experiences the world in its totality, innocent, and pure.

What is interesting is understanding the Divine Child in relationship to the other character types. Another type to balance the Divine Child is the "Warrior". The Warrior has well developed powers of discernment. The Warrior knows where all boundaries are located. The Warrior knows exactly how to use just enough force to keep the boundaries defended. The Warrior knows his limitations. But unlike the Divine Child, the Warrior is cut off from his emotions. He chooses or stands alone from being connected with others. This gives the Warrior his power.

The "King" type governs the Divine Child and Warrior. The King keeps the two balanced so one type doesn't become a dominate expression of one’s character. The King decides what is appropriate and what is not appropriate. But not everyone has a strong sense of personal authority. Many people simply do not know what is appropriate and what is not appropriate. Many people have a very weak King character which creates the possibility they will have their boundaries violated. Or, without a strong King they will get lost in other people's ideas.

The "Magician" type is probably the most interesting of all the types I've studied. The Magician is the part of our character who knows the secret knowledge like psychology of types. There's darker side to the Magician type which is important to consider. That is the "Shadow Magician". The Shadow Magician uses the secret knowledge to manipulate other people for the purpose of violating their boundaries or taking advantage of them. The important thing about the Shadow Magician is once confronted about being manipulative, a Shadow Magician will often act innocent about it. In acting innocent the Shadow Magician is just expressing another form of manipulation. Only a well balanced King can sniff out the manipulations of a Shadow Magician.

I find people who are really into the ideas about religion are sometimes weaker in the expression of the other character types. If you are interested in reading more on psychology of types here’s one of several good books on the subject:

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490275412&sr=8-1&keywords=King%2C+magician%2C+w arrior%2C+lover

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

I really enjoyed your comment. I ordered the book.

top topics

join