It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A massive earthquake could plunge large parts of California into the sea INSTANTLY

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
News like this makes me want to go to California & jump up & down on the fault line......every little bit will help.

By all means please do so, as you'll likely be at the epicenter of the quake while your titanic ass bounces up and down on it. We'll know who to blame for it, too.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

My "gut" tells/asks me, would The U.S.A. as a "Republic", really miss the West Coast? I think most of us would thank god, for "plate tectonics" or for "science" and stuff! Don't fret though! We'll remember your sacrifice, when we're on the beach, at the Snake River.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
WTF, have all you been living in a cave or something?
Been waiting for this to happen for years !

Just ran out of popcorn, so it will probably happen soon.

At least they'll have plenty of water. I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

The area being talked about is not exactly "the West Coast."
It is a quite small area of it.

edit on 3/22/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
The number of people who say they'd be "all for this happening" every time it's reported (even though, as Phage points out, it's absolute hyperbole to say the whole coast would "fall into the sea,") really disturbs and saddens me. We aren't all a monolithic block of people who think the way you imagine we do, you know. And even if we were... you really wish death and destruction on us for it? As I said, disturbing and saddening.

I certainly wish zero ill on anyone I disagree with politically or philosophically.

On the central topic: it's definitely a concern if you live in the region. I would strongly advocate everyone prepare as best their finances allow. It's not a question of if a large quake will occur, but when. Even if the destruction isn't this widespread, it could be very serious.

Simply evacuating and migrating everyone from the coast isn't a logistically, economically, or resource-wise feasible option right now either, in part because there's no way to know which fault line will pop off.

Peace.
edit on 3/22/2017 by AceWombat04 because: Typos

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

We will end up with California island, kind like Vancouver island?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I'd be ok with it.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Please God yes

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

We will end up with California island, kind like Vancouver island?
No. But a good part of California could end up where Vancouver is now. That's where it's headed anyway.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AceWombat04

in part because there's no way to know which fault line will pop off.

There's no way of knowing a lot of things.
Like where and when that big rock from the sky will show up. Because, it will.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: buckwhizzle
I'm not worried The Rock will save me...

Not unless you're his wife or his daughter or his daughter's impromptu boyfriend and her impromptu boyfriend's younger brother.

If not, not gonna happen!

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

It's all about perspective. That's a big chunk of liberal "change" to me! Every little bit counts! The survivors will have to move inland...and adapt. You know? Like Darwin/science stuff. They'll learn to eat beef, sharpen knives, and mow grass, like Mexicans.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

According to the article "The fault runs under densely populated areas, from the Westside of Los Angeles to the Orange County coast."

If you keep reading and roll down in the article, there is a section called "Plans for the Big One"

These contingency plans reflect deep anxiety about the potential gravity of the looming disaster: upward of 14,000 people dead in the worst-case scenarios, 30,000 injured, thousands left homeless and the region's economy setback for years, if not decades.

As a response, what planners envision is a deployment of civilian and military personnel and equipment that would eclipse the response to any natural disaster that has occurred so far in the US.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That's a lot of people that could be affected. Not to mention the amounts of people that would be homeless and would have to migrate.

To tell you the truth, I have been to California, to this day I don't see why so many people live oblivious to this danger.

Yeah, i know a meteor could fall anywhere on the planet, but living in an area that is known would have such a larg earthquake ?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Crazy.
But then, a lot of people live on the East Coast where hurricanes are frequent.
People live in tornado alley.

Flood plains.

Stratovolcanoes!

Crazy.
edit on 3/23/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Indeed, if it happens as envisioned, it would be a bona fide catastrophe for anyone living there.

a reply to: Phage

Exactly.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I'd move. Go East young man/girl/it/trans ..dog, cat or whatever you Identify with...(because I'm politically correct and kind like that). Or just stay there, chances are it won't happen... I'd bet it won't. Because I'm kind like that.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   
The burning question;

Is there a way to make this go faster?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
News like this makes me want to go to California & jump up & down on the fault line......every little bit will help.

I'm assuming your comment was sarcastic, made in jest toward the scumbags of society who truly feel that way - the sick, twisted snowflakes who are so bothered by liberals that the thought of Californians dying en masse arouses them.

It's so tiresome...every time "the big one" is mentioned, all the bloodthirsty lunatics start wetting their pants and salivating over the idea of their fantasy of millions of fellow citizens being killed, and the subsequent collapse of the US and world economy.

I can just picture their slack-jawed, drooling faces as they fantasize about children drowning and being crushed by buildings - all because they're so offended by the politics of a few Hollywood celebrities.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but EVERY time "the big one" is discussed - the sickos expose themselves.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Nope, you aren't overreacting at all. Most of these comments make me wish I could reach through the screen and #slap them.
I lived in West Hollywood, West LA between Brentwood and UCLA and then in the Los Alamitos Beach neighborhood, adjacent to Long Beach proper. One block from the Pacific. I'd be willing to bet that most of these bozos who are talking # about wanting this to actually happen have never even been in SoCal.
Or maybe they don't like gaggles of beautiful women bc they are everywhere in that area of SoCal. If that's the case, allow me to be the first to wish them good luck with their boyfriends/husbands/alternative lifestyles.
Plus, the percentage of Republicans to Dems is much, much higher in that area and even more so in Newport Beach all the way down to just North of San Diego. See, they would know that if they had actually visited or lived there. Just ignorant AF opinions in this thread, man. Thanks for being one of the few voices of reason.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Not overreacting, seems to come with the territory on this subject and other EQ ones on the West Coast. I tire of seeing the same discussion all the time as well overtaking the threads when they need to be here for info. Kinda given up on that really, props to the rest calling it out.

As I mentioned in my prior reply there's a potential EQ activity could spark other faults and volcanoes. Meanwhile apparently unknown to some of the ones saying this there are many Conservatives in the areas as well-apparently to some they are the only ones who matter. Not only that but California offers the US a lot of food, for one, disruptions in that, there's goes food prices that could effect many even outside of the area-shared the data in other threads where people wanted to see the coastline gone from the map.

edit on 23-3-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join