It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet Backbone Cogent Blocks Cloudflare’s New ‘Pirate Site’ IP-addresses

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: PhoenixOD

There was soulseek too which was great for finding underground music.

But man back in those days with download/upload speeds being at best 256k it took a lifetime to get anything

UK ISP's just recently authorised shutdowns of live streaming for sports, BT, Sky, Virgin were in the case and of course had a conflict of interests being that they offer live sport packages so they were both defendant and plaintiff but it was all ok in the court and allowed to pass. Apparently they had spent months monitoring traffic to find the servers of the live streams which is worrying.... But it does absolutely nothing as long as people keep using a VPN or Proxy

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Torrents should provide significantly more speed than an FTP server due to the use of peering. If you are finding that not to be the case you may have a misconfigured network.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: hombero

I don't think I have gotten anything from an ftp server method since like '07 or so. I don't even remember how to do it today! But I do remember how fast speeds I would get then in relation to the speeds then. Honestly the capacity for us all to stream 4k without buffering has been around since nearly then too. I hate how greedy ISP's and telecom's are with their bandwidth.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well i just tried DC++ for the first time in years, if you share about 100gb you can get access to most servers and there are people sharing terabytes of films

top topics

<< 1   >>

join