It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars rover discovered gravitational wave affecting Mars' clouds.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Cool responses and info.
I've gained info as usual, which I always enjoy... and as much, I gain the knowledge of a theory or two. Thank y'all!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon
a reply to: Gyo01

I am in complete agreement with you, even if the radiation causes my skin to melt off, but we get seperate bubbles..

lol, would you visit my bubble every now and then to have a beer? Its cool if you dont wanna, we could just play multiplayer DOOM 3 on Mars' internet. heh
edit on 24/3/2017 by Gyo01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Gravity Wave Gravitational Wave

EDIT TO ADD:

The author of the original article linked in the OP must have been made aware of his mistake and has since updated the article (and title) to make the clarification.

In addition to making the correction between "gravity wave" and "gravitational wave" in the article, he's added this to the end of the article

*Update, 23 March, 10:13 a.m.: This story has been updated to clarify the difference between gravity waves and gravitational waves.
The line through the equals sign doesn't show up too well on my monitor but it's correct they are two different things and often confused by journalists, not by scientists.

originally posted by: Saint Exupery
Important clarification from the comments section of the article:

"'Gravity wave' is a term used in fluid dynamics,
Correct.

which is very different from the same term used in general relativity... "
I know you quoted someone else so it's not your comment but I just want to clarify that's not correct. Scientists referring to the general relativity phenomenon use the term gravitational wave, as mentioned in Soylent's post, which sounds similar to but is not the same as gravity wave, so it's not really "the same term" as the comment suggested.

<< 1   >>

join