It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Comey Debunks Fake News

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Comey is right. The Intelligence Agencies can NOT publicly deny the falsehoods in the media.

If they make a habit of debunking the false reports, then stay silent when true information is leaked, it would soon become obvious which things are fake and which are real, which would then jeopardize national security.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Very true. But considering the nation has turned into cats vs dogs, how secure is our nation? And by whose standards?
We have Noone working for the regular citizens security anymore.
That's pretty hard to call national security. Who are we secure from? We don't even know which "enemy " is worse anymore. The new boogeyman they tell us about , or the very agencies that claim to protect us from said boogeyman. .

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Natas0114

Yes, that is a good point and is the bigger issue. The security of our nation is already in danger. It is obvious that our intelligence agencies have lost control of the entire system. The CIA leak was huge. The information leaks to the media are serious. The information actually getting to the media might be a drop in the bucket compared to the information that is known to the wrong people.

And while all of that is going on, there are some who see Russians under every bed and think they are the problem. The problem is right here with the people running our intelligence agencies. Using the Russians as scapegoats is just to cover up for the real issues.

Oh and - I wonder why Russians were not the "enemy" when Obama and Hillary were wining and dining them with the "Reset Button" and big plans for mutual cooperation.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Oh and - I wonder why Russians were not the "enemy" when Obama and Hillary were wining and dining them with the "Reset Button" and big plans for mutual cooperation.

Exactly. And Uranium One is the answer to that.

If you really want your head to spin, consider this-
Ever since the iPhone has been available and laptops and tablets became must have items, lithium for batteries has become the biggest money maker Noone is talking about. Guess where most of it came from? How much money has changed hand for lithium in the past 15 years?
Water is worth more than oil and we have people thinking the wars in the m.e. are about oil...
Not hardly, it's uranium and lithium.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Yeah, the news agencies often purposely make people think something in the title and first paragraphs, then they disclose the whole story far down in the article. This makes people think something is different than what it is. They do this to gain ratings. Most People most times do not read much more than two or three paragraphs.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Mr. and Mrs Comey in their Kitchen at Home............

Mrs. Comey : Is the Chicken in the Oven Done yet Dear ?

Mr. Comey : That is the Second time you asked me that Dear , again, i cannot comment on any investigation that may or may not be ongoing or has been undergone...or might be gone through but won't be discussed in either an open forum such as this or even in a secure setting such as our bedroom .....

edit on 22-3-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Good reminder, some seem to be confused and still have hopes in the MSM being a better reference point. That is when it should be researched almost, if not as much as or more than other forms of media, when looking into the news story. Many people are learning of the deception.

MSM, on it's way out already, not only due to social media spreading events faster but the MSM as a medium from newspaper(digital more common now days and their pay walls) to Tv/cable stations rating declining.

I think the whole "fake news" original rant/s in the MSM weren't just an attack on "Right leaning" and "AltRight" outlets but were largely directed at their competition(social media, sites like this, independent news outside of establishment control whether politically Independent, Right or Left), which is far reaching throughout the net as a whole.

edit on 23-3-2017 by dreamingawake because: error

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I am curious as to which ones you are calling honest, because if at least one of them is who I think you are talking about, the media did the job very well and so did the history books, but of course as usual they were wrong.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join