It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 US soldiers wounded by afghan soldier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Afghanistan army is claiming this was a mistake, that the guy didn't mean to shoot anyone.
So America has troops over there training their army, and this is the reward they get?

Source

KABUL, Afghanistan — Three U.S. soldiers were wounded when an Afghan soldier opened fire on them at a base in Helmand province on Sunday, NATO said.

The trio received medical treatment after the so-called green-on-blue attack, according to NATO, which provided no further details.

Gen. Dowlat Waziri, spokesman for the Afghan Defense Ministry said a person wearing an Afghan army uniform started shooting at the soldiers in the early afternoon.

He said the attacker was killed during an exchange of fire, and that an investigation into the incident was underway.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

Well this isn't first time Afghan soldiers fired upon US soldiers. In fact one Afghan soldier killed a US general in 2014.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 3/22/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

You say'claiming' as if, they kill us soldiers actively or on purpose.

Guess how many we've 'accidentally' killed in their country.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I could imagine this in China with US attempting to help Taiwan reclaimed China, but would be a lot worst after and during invasion.

Don't interfere in Asian affairs.
edit on 22-3-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Yes I said claiming, this is from an article on the incident, how would you like me to say it?

An Afghan Army spokesman, Col. Mohammad Rasoul Zazai, told the AP that the soldier made a “mistake” and had not fired deliberately.

Look at the link that starwarsisreal posted. A 100 yard shot at a general is not an accident. Yes they do actively and on purpose at times shoot American soldiers.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

wel i guess he accidentally got what was coming to him then. Training accidents are one of the best ways to get rid of undesirables i hear.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

In all fairness this happens way more often than it should, it's one of the huge issues w training their military and doing joint operations. Have been numerous incidents like This since we started doing this years and years ago

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

wel i guess he accidentally got what was coming to him then. Training accidents are one of the best ways to get rid of undesirables i hear.

That was the first thing I thought when he was killed... Now no arguments, no defense, for the accidental perp is a dead SOB !

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

3 US soldiers wounded by afghan soldier

its amazingly simple some times to see why the world in the mess it is. The US and its allies have killed hundreds and thousands of people in Iraq and Afghanistan alone.

How dishonest it is to make an issue of 3 US soldiers being wounded by an afghan soldier when thousands and thousands of people have been killed by the US and its allies in Iraq, afghanistan and now syria.

Does the US and its allies not consider the people from these countries to not even be human beings and are unworthy of being mentioned when they are killed? It would appear to the case.

With such a sense of superiority by the US govt and its slave states one can easily see where the blame for all the hatred and killing in this world lies.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

While I can agree with what you say, this made the news because they are supposed to be on the same side.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

While I can agree with what you say, this made the news because they are supposed to be on the same side.

Afghan soldier: hmmm i wonder Allah if i can shoot those american dogs and get away with it as a accident...*fires weapon* Yes I did It*gets mowed down*
Us soldier: dam traitorous bastard.*we all know they used much harsher language toward that jerk but TnC*

The SOldiers need to learn. No pointing a gun at our soldiers. there will b eno more waiting to see if they shoot first or accidentally.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Thanks for informing me, I was not aware of that.

new topics

top topics

join