It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can a Tolerant Society like the UK have this happen to them? This is Outrageous

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
And Here I thought the British people electing a Muslim Mayor would make London immune to terror attacks. And Yes I am being Sarcastic. This is why Brexit happened. The British people wanted control over there borders. They didn't want to be controlled by the One European Government the European Union. Just like we Americans elected Trump because we want control over our borders. To prevent this type of stuff from happening. And before you say but we don't know if he is a Muslim or a ISIS member this is a classic Isis European tactic. Drive a Car into a whole bunch of people get out and start slicing and dicing away. Take out as many as you can before you're taken out by Death by Cop. And this was in the same area as British Parliament. How do we not know that he wanted to go after the British leaders? Answer we don't.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

We are all victims, don't you get it yet? We are all victims, literally all of us. There are no victors among the common people.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

This is why Brexit happened. The British people wanted control over there borders

You have no idea what you're talking about.

EU emigration and worldwide emigration are two completely different things.

Unless you're saying this attacker was European?
No? Of course not. You just spout rubbish as per.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

This is why Brexit happened. The British people wanted control over there borders

You have no idea what you're talking about.

EU emigration and worldwide emigration are two completely different things.

Unless you're saying this attacker was European?
No? Of course not. You just spout rubbish as per.

I am sure you mean immigration, right? As for the idea that Brexit was a result of an anti immigration backlash...go figure, a lot of people actually think that is the case.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

There is a deliberate agenda to destabilize / balkanize western nations. Once destabilized, soverignty can be relinquised to a Global Governing Body.

The issue I see with this is that this "Global Governance" will more resemble China than the US. Totalitarian.

This intentional erosion of social cohesiveness is deliberate and pretty damned obvious.

“Problem-Reaction-Solution” or the “Hegelian Dialectic”

“It works like this – the manipulating body covertly creates a problem and then directs the media to incessantly focus on it without recourse.

Once you have created this problem you make sure that an individual, a group or an aspect of society is blamed. This then rallies the population behind the desperate lunge for a solution to the problem. ‘Something must be done!’

The people that created the problem in the first place then come back in and offer the solution that the people demand. Remember – the people screaming for a solution do not know that the problem was artificially created in the first place. The solution to the problem is always a further curtailment of freedom and an advancement of the agenda.

Surprise: Intake of up to 300,000 migrants a year for the next 40 years!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They are even proposing a contingency plan to thwart a potential backlash from the population. In case of any future national referendum, Germany's Federal Commissioner for Refugees and Migrants, Aydan Özoguz, recommends giving voting rights to migrants permanently residing in Germany.

Again, There is a deliberate agenda to destabilize / balkanize western nations.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Globalists see themselves as social architects, and an architect cannot function if his building materials will not cooperate. Globalism is impotent without the ability to impose will and the ability to undermine practical divisions between ideological opposites.

Globalists seek to irritate existing divisions and trigger chaos between groups because ultimately, they want to demonize the very concept of tribalism and make way for a one world ideal that fits THEIR agenda.

Globalists prefer an outcome in which traditional values are erased and replaced with a “new world order” mindset; a system that is rooted in collectivist suppression of individual liberty, where freedom is exchanged for “harmony;” one global tribe worshiping one global god — the state.

Tribalism in the name of sovereignty and free society is an impassable wall to globalization. Their only option is to utilize and exploit groups that are anti-liberty as a weapon against existing societies that still have some basis in sovereignty.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

As for the idea that Brexit was a result of an anti immigration backlash...go figure, a lot of people actually think that is the case.

EU immigration, yes.

If people voted out to stop immigration from the Middle East they're fools because the two are not connected in any way, shape or form.

By the way, emigration is correct.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

As for the idea that Brexit was a result of an anti immigration backlash...go figure, a lot of people actually think that is the case.

EU immigration, yes.

If people voted out to stop immigration from the Middle East they're fools because the two are not connected in any way, shape or form.

First point is a matter of opinion, second point you are simply incorrect.

EDIT: I will explain. An Immigrant comes TO a country, an emigrant GOES to a country. We are talking from the perspective of receipt, therefore immigrant, not emigrant, is apt.

edit on 22-3-2017 by Jonjonj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

EU immigration, yes.

I am not British, nor do I claim to be an expert on Brexit, but I believe your characterization is perhaps off a little.

It is my understanding that EU membership means the free flow of people from one EU member state to any other. Therefore, if Merkel decides to take in 10 million "refugees" they would then have access to any country in the EU.

Perhaps I am wrong but this was my understanding.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Emigration is correct. People leaving their own countries.
edit on 22/3/2017 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

EU immigration, yes.

I am not British, nor do I claim to be an expert on Brexit, but I believe your characterization is perhaps off a little.

It is my understanding that EU membership means the free flow of people from one EU member state to any other. Therefore, if Merkel decides to take in 10 million "refugees" they would then have access to any country in the EU.

thats how i understood it.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Stupid Question of the Day

How can a Tolerant Society like the UK have this happen to them? This is Outrageous

Look at the quality of the people you are importing. That answers your question right there.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Free flow of citizens. Travel wise

For residency not even then. That must be permitted by our Government.

For Refugees, it takes a while to be come a citizen.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

Free flow of citizens. Travel wise

For residency not even then. That must be permitted by our Government.

For Refugees, it takes a while to be come a citizen.

And that is a problem. It takes a while to become a citizen even if your not a Refugee. If Democrats would give Trumpa Chance to reform the immigration system we get people through the right way quickly but securely for you and me.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
As well in the US and most European countries - too many Libs in power

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

EU immigration, yes.

Like many things there are a lot of nuances to the issue. One of the most important benefits of the EU was the free movement of labour. This means that of course anybody with an EU passport can get a job in any place within the EU. The problems started to arise when certain countries ignored the EU rules about immigration, not enforcing policy, and rather just basically flash flooding the EU with an open doors policy.

It didn't help that the German chancellor was the main proponent of this ideology...she's frickin German!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
First of all, Britain is tolerant through gritted teeth not tolerant in a welcoming way. It always has and always will have 'the other' in many respects. Very far from societies that see all people as 'the same' and, for example, welcome individual travellers into homes for food and shelter without suspicion.

Second, to prevent stuff like this happening isn't the exact reason for Brexit. Even the thick, dumbed-down, xenophobic nature of the British mindset didn't think voting Brexit would prevent what initially appears to be an Islam-related terrorist attack. You see, literally millions of Muslims have lived in Britain for decades; the 'perpetrators' of the 7/7 bombings were born and raised in England; most people rub up against Muslims in their daily lives going about their business without being killed and they are aware of this. Complaints about 'Eastern Europeans' taking jobs would be one example of a more popular reason for Brexit (however invalid) than to stop terrorist attacks happening.

Finally,

And this was in the same area as British Parliament. How do we not know that he wanted to go after the British leaders? Answer we don't.

Now there's an idea. Next time hopefully.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Where does bad stuff not happen?!?!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I give up.
Can you make it multiple choice?
Or at least give us a hint?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

In Liberals Heads

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

EU immigration, yes.

Our problem in the UK is that there are more people and families wanting homes than there are houses. Some of that comes from the constant growth of the native population (600,000 school leavers == 250,000 new homes/year). In many parts of the country (national parks, hundred acre estates, mountains, productive farmland, riverbanks, estuaries) we can't build there. Then some existing areas, the average Brit can't afford (Central London, good schools) or want to live (high-crime areas, rural areas with no jobs). So the only solution is to build on the outskirts of existing cities or to build new cities. Those areas which become dominated by one ethnic minority become no-go-areas for others, known as self-segregation. We end up with areas called "student ghettoes, Buy-To-Let estates, sink estates". In many areas, the banks won't let couples buy a flat or apartment unless it is intended for use as a HMO (Home in Multiple Occupancy). Anywhere with access to public transport like buses and train stations becomes extremely expensive.

Add to this situation that hundreds of thousands of EU workers came across wanting jobs and the chance to send their children to the good schools and it becomes a pressure cooker. Even sketchy areas get priced up and out of the range of singletons. The solution would be to build new apartment blocks like Canada, but the investors squander the availability of brownfield sites by selling the properties to international investors who don't even live in the country.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join