It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service cant afford Trump

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

Ok. They live in Manhattan....NYC a place where the shadows are very dark at night. Ever walked down a NYC street after dark?
You tend to walk closer to the curb than dark doorways and you make eye contact with everyone you pass or you become a target.
Manhattan isn't any safer than DC.

It's not like they're going out alone in either city.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

You really shouldn't have acknowledged that dumb point. NYC, DC, and most other major cities are NOT unsafe for an affluent white woman and her child. It's not like the 70's where street lights are few and dim. Most major pedestrian and consumer areas in cities are perfectly ok. ESPECIALLY during the day time.

But even at night time, I use alleyways to pee after leaving the bar in Baltimore. The only people who think that cities are nightmare, lawless zones are the people who don't live in them.
edit on 23-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Manhattan doesn't have them living in a white house that has already seen 3 presidents killed. One on national television.

Lets be honest: Trump hasn't made a lot of friends, and Melania isn't exactly US born and bred. Not to mention kids, school, and its only a few hours away.

The secret service needs to shut up. They don't get to whine about their expenses. Doing so is making politics out of the jobs they are hired to do.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Manhattan doesn't have them living in a white house that has already seen 3 presidents killed. One on national television.

Lets be honest: Trump hasn't made a lot of friends, and Melania isn't exactly US born and bred. Not to mention kids, school, and its only a few hours away.

The secret service needs to shut up. They don't get to whine about their expenses. Doing so is making politics out of the jobs they are hired to do.

Sounds like a cop out to me. What 3 presidents were killed at the Whit house?

Seems like the issue of the trump families safety is more important than other presidents to a lot of people. You mention Melania not born and bred here. People still claim Obama is a foreign born Muslim and the white house was good enough for him. Matter of fact it has been good enough for all presidents. But not trump.

You think it has nothing to do with their lavish lifestyle? I would like to know your take on that.
Safety is always a concern.
We have had rich presidents before but trump is the first multi billionaire. No past president has lived as posh as him. I think it is silly to think that does not play a part in her staying in new York and him at Mar a largo all the time.
U really think people just don't want to accept that as a possible reason

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

What 3 presidents were killed at the Whit house?

You know exactly what he meant by that so please stop acting like smart a$$.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I imagine the threats against his life and the life of his family are insurmountable. Once again, the media is to blame for inciting it.

My thoughts exactly!
We now have rappers depicting them self shooting the president in their videos. When just a few years ago this same rapper was attending dinners at the white house with the previous administration. Still waiting for a sign that the left will come out of their propaganda induced hysteria and start to show a little reason...

WINNING!
Wait a minute..

Well I can at least dream...

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

But seriously WTF does Kennedy getting killed in Dallas..as an example, have to do with the WH? or the safety thereof?

edit on 23-3-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980

I imagine the threats against his life and the life of his family are insurmountable. Once again, the media is to blame for inciting it.

My thoughts exactly!
We now have rappers depicting them self shooting the president in their videos. When just a few years ago this same rapper was attending dinners at the white house with the previous administration. Still waiting for a sign that the left will come out of their propaganda induced hysteria and start to show a little reason...

WINNING!
Wait a minute..

Well I can at least dream...

It's just the usual racial double standard. We should be used to it by now.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Secret service is suppose to protect the president at all times, that's what is meant by that.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

does anyone think that melania is staying in new york because the white house is not lavish enough for her?

No, I think Melania is staying in New York because they have a dysfunctional marriage and if she was in the White House - this would be public knowledge

I obviously can't know that for sure - I'm just here to gossip and insult Trump

ETA: Just Donald - not the Trumps. I figure the rest of the clan has troubles above and beyond the obvious
edit on 3/23/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Yes of course. Maybe Im reading too much in the WH reference?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Sounds like a cop out to me. What 3 presidents were killed at the Whit house?

en.wikipedia.org...

That has successful and attempted. The successful ones were: Garfield, McKinley, Lincoln, and Kennedy (I'd forgotten about McKinley).

And I didn't say "in the white house". I alluded to the fact that almost 10% of US presidents have been murdered while in office, and that might make her feel unsafe.

Seems like the issue of the trump families safety is more important than other presidents to a lot of people. You mention Melania not born and bred here. People still claim Obama is a foreign born Muslim and the white house was good enough for him. Matter of fact it has been good enough for all presidents. But not trump.

Unless you are saying Obama was a foreign born Muslim (or unless I said it) this is irrelevant to anything here.

You think it has nothing to do with their lavish lifestyle? I would like to know your take on that.
Safety is always a concern.
We have had rich presidents before but trump is the first multi billionaire. No past president has lived as posh as him. I think it is silly to think that does not play a part in her staying in new York and him at Mar a largo all the time.
U really think people just don't want to accept that as a possible reason

Maybe it does. I don't know. It appears that in todays world, you cannot have opinion without having evidence to support it. So until such time, all I can say is they choose to live their lives how they want just like you and I do.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
I bet if you ask the Secret Service agents they might say that they are thoroughly enjoying seeing the world and different sights. It must get boring staying in Washington or in one place at one house all of the time

They do seem to be bored at the White House. They don't even notice when people hop the fence.

Nice play on the fact that taxpapyers will be paying $183 million/year for the cost of security for Trump Tower.

and the budget of $148 million/yr will cut for the National Endowment Arts and Humanities.

but...

"the Secret service is enjoying seeing new sights" lalalalalala

WTF

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

and the budget of $148 million/yr will cut for the National Endowment Arts and Humanities.

RE: the numbers you throw around....can you give me a source? Im intersted in having a look.

RE: the NEA having its budget cut....good. Maybe it'll stop the propensity of supporting what is "bad art" just to make the US look more sophisticated to Europe.

www.newyorker.com...

Read the above. Its not "fake news". Its not "partisan". Its truth. And what that truth says is that many of the philosophers, thinkers, and artists of the last century were not "great", but were instead pushed and promoted until people accepted them.

Its one thing for Jackson Pollack to be acclaimed as amazing. But consider that...is his work amazing? Or is it akin to a group of sommeliers getting around and BSing through a wine tasting?

The NEA was a product of McCarthyism, essentially. We could not let a bunch of commies hold all avaialble slots in an art exhibit, while proclaiming that our culture was superior, now could we?

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Read the above. Its not "fake news". Its not "partisan". Its truth.

Is it truth because you want it to be true? :-)

Its subjective - and the opinion of Mr. Menand. Anyone can interpret culture and history any way they want - to make any kind of point they want. Art - is nothing but interpretation

The native style in the United States had been regionalist; mid-century modernism was internationalist, and the Abstract Expressionists, all of whom lived in New York, worked in an art scene dominated by European émigrés. Pollock’s first mentor, at the Art Students League of New York, was Thomas Hart Benton, the leader of what was known as “American Scene painting,” and a populist who hoped to make American painting as prestigious as Europe’s. Benton left New York in 1935 and returned to Missouri. He thought that the East Coast art establishment had been taken over by Communists. “Communism is a joke everywhere in the United States except New York,” he said. This was not the sort of artist the cultural Cold Warriors went out of their way to promote. His Americanism was much too pure.

Some people just hate that whole pretentious thing about the coasts - and modernism - and all that. Truth is - art changes. Culture changes. The way we see changes

Degenerate art: Why Hitler hated modernism

The Degenerate Art Exhibition included works by some of the great international names - Paul Klee, Oskar Kokoschka and Wassily Kandinsky - along with famous German artists of the time such Max Beckmann, Emil Nolde and Georg Grosz.

The exhibition handbook explained that the aim of the show was to "reveal the philosophical, political, racial and moral goals and intentions behind this movement, and the driving forces of corruption which follow them".

Works were included "if they were abstract or expressionistic, but also in certain cases if the work was by a Jewish artist," says Jonathan Petropoulos, professor of European History at Claremont McKenna College and author of several books on art and politics in the Third Reich.

He says the exhibition was laid out with the deliberate intention of encouraging a negative reaction. "The pictures were hung askew, there was graffiti on the walls, which insulted the art and the artists, and made claims that made this art seem outlandish, ridiculous."

There's more than one way to skin a cat

Its one thing for Jackson Pollack to be acclaimed as amazing. But consider that...is his work amazing? Or is it akin to a group of sommeliers getting around and BSing through a wine tasting?

It's an interesting question. Is there a wrong answer? Is maybe the true value of art the fact that it makes us think?

There's a brilliant quote often attributed to Churchill that isn't accurate. I'd love to use it here, but these days - I think it's important to be accurate:

The arts are essential to any complete national life. The State owes it to itself to sustain and encourage them….Ill fares the race which fails to salute the arts with the reverence and delight which are their due.

At this same moment, the Director of the National Gallery, Kenneth Clark, suggested that the paintings in the National Gallery should be sent from London to Canada. Churchill was likewise against this suggestion, and emphatically so. “No,” he minuted, “bury them in caves and cellars. None must go. We are going to beat them.” (1 June 1940 Colville Diary)

The quote I would like to use:
When Winston Churchill was asked to cut arts funding to support the war effort, he replied: “Then what are we fighting for?”

This inaccurate quote - like art - is still up for discussion :-)

edit on 3/23/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Just like the Media inciting the riots of Ferguson by saying in bold letters White POlICE OFFICER SHOOTS AND KILLS UNARMED BLACK KID. That incited the riots.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

en.wikipedia.org...

That has successful and attempted. The successful ones were: Garfield, McKinley, Lincoln, and Kennedy (I'd forgotten about McKinley).

And I didn't say "in the white house". I alluded to the fact that almost 10% of US presidents have been murdered while in office, and that might make her feel unsafe.

Unless you are saying Obama was a foreign born Muslim (or unless I said it) this is irrelevant to anything here.

Maybe it does. I don't know. It appears that in todays world, you cannot have opinion without having evidence to support it. So until such time, all I can say is they choose to live their lives how they want just like you and I do.

ok....you didnt say 'in the white house'...what you said was

that certainly sounds like youre saying that 3 presidents have been killed IN the white house. either way. i dont see how presidents getting killed someplace besides DC means it is unsafe in DC. i just dont get it. how/why is new york safer than DC?

i am not saying that about obama and i know you didnt say it. i dont see how it is irrevelant to our discussion though...you mentioned melania being foreign born and alluded to the fact that she may be unsafe because of that. my point was there is a huge part of the population that felt positive obama was foreign born...so again...i dont see the problem. if it was good enough for obama why not melania?

i really wish you wouldnt dance around answers my friend. i did not ask you for facts or evidence. i asked your opinion. one does not need to site a source for an opinion. we are still allowed to have them.
it makes me curious as to why you wont answer. i dont care what level of support you offer trump or any of that #. i would just like your opinion on if you think their lavish lifestyle might have something to do with all the time spent away from the white house.

i just dont see the angle of new york being any safer for melania.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: vonclod

Secret service is suppose to protect the president at all times, that's what is meant by that.

i guess these days it is hard for people to simply say what they mean....

the secret service is supposed to protect the president and his family at all times and they do.

i still dont understand how new york is any safer than DC. makes no sense.
presidents being killed in cities other than DC has no bearing on if DC is safe or not.

sounds like a cop out

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

A simple google search would tell you why d.c is worse than nyc.

Don't rely on people feeding you info, look for yourself.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

DC is the circus. THe epicenter of sh## in the US. If we needed an enema, there is no doubt in my mind that DC wouldn't be the locale of its issuance. Its full of lies, power hungry sociopaths, enormous social injustice that creates a simmering rage, and spooks (honestly, the IC creeps me out in the same way a psychologist does). The only reason people move TO DC is to serve for the government. And I happen to think they are no better than Krampus.

ETA: my allusion to Melania isn't that she may be unsafe. Its that she may feel unsafe. Stranger in a strange land, and whatnot. I mean, i see no reason to argue it, because we are just making crap up here. You seem to want to make up the worst, and I just want to make up something more reasonable to help give you some context. If you aren't open to it, im cool with that. But lets be honest: you don't like Trump, and the narrative you support here presumes the worst.
edit on 3/23/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join