It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service cant afford Trump

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: olaru12
If the Trumps want to live in decadent splendor and can afford it; it's their choice...

What I resent is their arrogance deciding for the old American poor that "meals on wheels" is just to expensive.

This. This pisses me off. I know people who will suffer, and it sucks.

And yet you still support and defend his presidency. I have lost so much respect for many I considered rational and compassionate individuals.

I however know that they don't care...the cult of personality is overpowering.
edit on 22-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sounds like your typical bag of tricks and another Drama pulled out. All Presidents travel and incur expenses. This great 'Bag of Tricks' is for democrat and Republican alike, they both drink from the same fountain. This is news where No news exists.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

to have a president with what?? four adult children needing secret service protection is rather new...
to have a president who's wife refuses to live in the white house is rather new..
to have a president that is taking weekend trips to what he is now referring to as his "southern white house" is rather new..
and the fact that all this is stretching the secret service so thin is news worthy!!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
And yet you still support and defend his presidency. I have lost so much respect for many I considered rational and compassionate individuals.

I however know that they don't care...the cult of personality is overpowering.

You need to reread BFFT's posts on ATS, friend. I've yet to see him "support or defend" Trump's presidency. He's simply not fallen into the hysterical immaturity of allowing his dislike of Trump to blind him to common sense and truth. When he sees BS, he calls BS, whether that BS would help or harm his personal position on an issue, he simply has a disdain for BS.

I have to say my respect level for individuals, like BFFT, who place facts, especially facts inconvenient to their biases, above "OMG, this criticizes something I also dislike!!! OMG! OMG! I have to make sure people LOVE this information" type horsecrap we see far too often from previously assumed sane individuals.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

to have a president with what?? four adult children needing secret service protection is rather new...
to have a president who's wife refuses to live in the white house is rather new..
to have a president that is taking weekend trips to what he is now referring to as his "southern white house" is rather new..
and the fact that all this is stretching the secret service so thin is news worthy!!

Killing the Trans Pacific Partnership and putting the brakes on Obamas climate change legacy will save America far more than protecting him and his family could ever cost.
edit on 22-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Like I have said countless times: my support for Trump arises from the ridiculousness with which people attack him. Im not going to join in small ticket whining.

FWIW....his budget has to be voted on and passed. And its not like Meals on Wheels is federally funded. It gets a kick from a fund meant to fight poverty put in place by Ford. Meals on Wheels is one of many things this money could fund. But I don't think his budget will pass. Sounds to me more like a budget submitted to spur conversation (a tactic I've used many times, myself). But if it happens, ill join you in your hate of him.

edit on 3/22/2017 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

do you have any proof of that or did it just sound good??

weather putting the brakes on climate change policies will save us money, or cost us money seems to be dependent on how much those policies would reduce the costs of any disasters that might have been avoided due to the policies that trump removed.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: D8Tee

putting the brakes on Obamas climate change legacy will save America far more than protecting him and his family could ever cost.

You seem proud of that. It's your loss. Your children's loss if you have them. But hopefully brighter minds will prevail once we have a leader again who cares more about the planet, than making the rich richer.

Fill those rivers and streams with garbage and our air with smoke! Maybe Trump and Tillerson are already estimating how much money they can make selling gas masks! The new business might be waiting in the wings!

Woo-hoo! Money Money Money Money!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TinySickTears

I find it stupidly hypocritical that the Republicans complained incessantly about Obama taking vacations and how much money he spent on them, while not a PEEP is heard from them about Trump and shattering the costs that Obama spent on his vacations after only 60 days in office.

Trump may be spending a lot of money, but unlike Obama, he is actually getting stuff done while spending that money. And I doubt there has ever been a President with this many enemies and threats, so SS costs will be much higher for him and his family also.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Fill those rivers and streams with garbage and our air with smoke! Maybe Trump and Tillerson are already estimating how much money they can make selling gas masks! The new business might be waiting in the wings!

Putting the brakes on Obamas climate change agenda means that America will not have skyrocketing energy costs as Obama had planned. It's got nothing to do with filling rivers and streams with garbage and the air with smoke.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
look...
either you should be upset about the trump family wasting so much of the taxpayer money and demanding that they tone it down some, or you should be upset that the secret service was denied the funding that they need to cover the additional costs of protecting them...
that is the only two options you have and of those two, I think only one will end up being fruitful.. the secret service needs more funds.
he has four adult kids that need protection which is quite a bit more costly than any president before where the kids were minors living in the white house. I suppose we could be like the conservatives and just say that if he was planning on becomming president so late in life than he shouldn't have had his kids, but well, I think it's a little too late to shove them back up the birth canal.
and, we probably should be patient with his wife and son and give them till the end of the school year..
but, by god, there is no reason he has to have a "southern white house" to run to every danged weekend and considering all the talk the conservatives have about our dire financial situation while they fight to strip every danged program that is designed to help the common people, I don't see why it's too much to ask the president to stay at the white house a few weekends every month!
but, like it or not the secret service has more duties than just to protect the president and those other duties shouldn't be laid aside because his protection is eating up most of their danged budget... so give them more money! heck, they can take it out of all the money that they plan on diverting to the military!!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Yes indeed, you do bring up valid points, but D8Tee makes a valid point as well.

I think all the political hostilities will slowly melt and diminish to just a few thousand professional malcontents. The rest of us will get on with life, and the really wise ones take and run with the new administration policy, investing in the future rather than biching and whining. They will get a head start, the opposition gradually poorer and weaker.

You can run with Trump, or you can fight Him at every turn..... Where do you think that success will be found ?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: reldra

That was pretty weak.

so are your snide little comments

Oh you poor thing, do I trigger you?

keep em coming.
it shows a lot about you

The only thing it shows is that I like to get dirty in the pit.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

oh, yes, because the poor old man in the wheel chair that is home bound who is forced to depend on meals on wheels to drop by daily with food, who are the only ones who he is coming into contact with because his children has followed the jobs halfway across the country has so much money to invest in such a great future!!!

before a leader would ask such a man to fend for himself for the good of the country... he should at least be willing to alter his habits just a tad... for the good of the country!

edit on 22-3-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
So i've been doing a bit of reading.....

Im using NPR here as my source, mostly because they are on the chopping block, too. And if they can be on te copping block and still present a resaonable article...that's my source.

www.npr.org...

Meals on Wheels, you see, isn't a federal program. It's a network of thousands of independently run groups that receive varying amounts of government aid – or none at all. (Some rely entirely on private donations). Together, they deliver hot meals to 2.4 million seniors each year. Some of these programs get federal funding, but how that will be affected is still unclear.

If anyone can help provide clarity to what NPR says is unclear, im happy to receive it. The claim is that the federal Community Block Program provides money to commuities, but does not track how that money is used. PUtting aside the obvious mismanagement of fiduciary responsibility by the Federal Government, it seems it might be difficult (and take quite awihle) to see what the impacts of the CBP defunding would be. Because we cannot quantify the benefits. OK, so scratch that, we aren't putting the failure of fiduciary responsibility aside, because you can't.

But by far, the biggest source of federal funding for Meals on Wheels programs comes from another source: the Older Americans Act Nutrition Program, which is run by the Department Of Health and Human Services. In the aggregate, Bertolette says Meals on Wheels programs across the country rely on the HHS program for 35 percent of their funding.

The White House has proposed slashing the Health and Human Services budget by nearly 18 percent, but the details of those cuts have not been released. Will the Older Americans Act Nutrition Program be affected? No way to know.

Now, ill be honest....NPR did try to provide some balance by bringing in an opinion portion explaining the reason to be concerned. And I expect that what she says is at least partially true. But its still unproven and the impact is wholly unknown. So, while Im not going to profess that we should ignore the potetial risk (and maybe start making state level arrangements to help fill in shortfalls), i will say that the Chicken Little cries seem pretty silly.

RE: other cuts like the NEA....it was created solely to present to Europe how cultured and sophisticated we were. And prove that we were superior to Russia even with ballet. Its all about politics. With the NEA the CIA had to force some of that crap on us it was so terrible.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

he is filthy rich

i seriously doubt she was all about his looks and his charm..

Wow. Just wow. So women only love men for 1) bank account, or 2) looks and charm. Wow. How old are you? Almost wanted to poke my eyes with sharp sticks when I read that, but then also wanted to extend pity for lack of life experience.

Hillary moved out of the White House January 2000, a full year ahead of her husband leaving office. She did so for political expediency ahead of a U.S. Senate run. I'm sure the associated cost to the U.S. government was great.

The fact that the current President's spouse and son live in New York City doesn't bother me. I doubt it has anything to do with the lavishness of one resident over another, but everything to do with a son's education, the pariah media circus in DC, and perhaps even a sense of distrust (leaks, security).

When I went under contract for my home my "closing" date was set for seven months ahead so that both sons could finish the school year and neither had to change schools during term.

And to the "boy trump" globe trotting comment, how do you know the brand isn't footing the Trump boy's hotel bills during business travel?

So much speculation. No source links.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
People really like to talk s**t about his wife and his son.

Do those of you who do it feel better now?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

maybe you should read what i said again as far as her and trump.

and the article and my comment about it was how much it cost to put the secret service up in hotels and such.
not trump brand money.
wasnt talking about housing baby trump. his protection

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

one year of hillary not being in the white house does not compare to four years of four adult children busily living and going about their lives though.... not that there's much we can do about that. I would venture to guess that just that right there would more than double the cost of protection for the trump family... again, not that there's much we can do about that.
but, we should at least acknowledge that the cost is gonna be significantly higher and increase the allotment given to the secret service so they can do their job adequately!

edit on 22-3-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee
a reply to: angeldoll

Putting the brakes on Obamas climate change agenda means that America will not have skyrocketing energy costs as Obama had planned. It's got nothing to do with filling rivers and streams with garbage and the air with smoke.

Is zat right?

WASHINGTON - Republicans this week kicked off their drive to roll back Obama-era environmental regulations by repealing a "Stream Protection Rule" meant to keep coal mines from dumping waste into streams.

and

Democrats argued the rule was needed to protect the health of people who live near mines from hazards like lung cancer, heart disease, kidney disease, birth defects, hypertension, and other problems caused by open pit mine runoff.

"If this body is seriously going to weaken vital drinking water protections, the American people deserve ample opportunities to inform themselves and to make their voices heard," said Virginia Democratic Rep. Donald McEachin. "This rushed-through proposal denies them that opportunity.

The repeal was hailed by mining interests, who said they expected President Donald Trump will swiftly sign it.

www.cleveland.com...

I've seen footage of their now BLACK water streams. Have you? You wanna drink some? Let your kids play in it?

I wonder how all the little critters who lived in those streams are holding up?

edit on 3/22/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join