It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service cant afford Trump

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: reldra

That was pretty weak.

so are your snide little comments

Oh you poor thing, do I trigger you?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

a reply to: reldra

That was pretty weak.

so are your snide little comments

Oh you poor thing, do I trigger you?

keep em coming.
it shows a lot about you

edit on 22-3-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: crazyewok

As a Brit, I''d be curious to hear your thoughts on the interior of Buckingham Palace. Photos I've seen have looked very similar to the above Trump's room photo. Hell, Trump paid for his pad himself... Queen Liz did not, but she lives opulently, all the same.

Not a fan of the style to be honest. More of a fan of southern antebellum architecture.

The difference though is Buckingham Palace the style is historical, it’s what was in style in the 1700's. It’s there because that what the palace was built with and so has a long rich history.

In the case of Trumps apartment it is just a copy a mimicry without the historical background.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

We had politicians dueling with pistols in the streets in that era... security budget didn't need to be sizable. I sort of wish we still allowed that type of thing, honestly. Imagine the ramifications of another politician challenging David Patterson or Mark Kirk to a duel.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

You're right. Just tacky, garish, and hideous

As stated, the style is like that because that is what the fashion was when the palace was built. It has a long history associated with it. Although not a fan of the style and would not want to live in a UK palace, I would not want to destroy the history.

Trump apartment is just a mimicry of it. It neither has the cultural background or history.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Really? Buckingham Palace? Buckingham Palace is hundreds of years old and rich with historical significance. Trump's penthouse is a façade, a tacky replica of the Palace of Versailles.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

might as well just kill them off. Make the lefties happy and save a few bucks. After all, human life isn't all that important if your last name is Trump amirite?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

We had politicians dueling with pistols in the streets in that era... security budget didn't need to be sizable. I sort of wish we still allowed that type of thing, honestly. Imagine the ramifications of another politician challenging David Patterson or Mark Kirk to a duel.

I fully support politicians dueling with pistols.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
In the case of Trumps apartment it is just a copy a mimicry without the historical background.

Melania studied archetecture in college and was responsible for the current scheme of the Trump penthouse. I believe her studies centered around French Baroque style, which is evident in photos of the Penthouse.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Well I am not a fan of her style or taste

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Good good we must spend a billion or more so the Trumps do not get unconformable. You know they have a lifestyle they are used to.

Trump daddy already figured it out he will make up for it by cutting support for the elderly and a few other projects that improve the lives of the less fortunate.

Ahh.. the Merican way.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

If long history makes tacky acceptable, then thats fine. But its still tacky.

And, like you, i don't like that "regal" look much either. I like common stones and wood, personally.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Really? Buckingham Palace? Buckingham Palace is hundreds of years old and rich with historical significance. Trump's penthouse is a façade, a tacky replica of the Palace of Versailles.

You don't say?

What was the Palace of Versailles replicating?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: TinySickTears

might as well just kill them off. Make the lefties happy and save a few bucks. After all, human life isn't all that important if your last name is Trump amirite?

no yourenotrite.
why do you trumpets do this? you take what people say and twist it into extremes and make witty little remarks about being triggered and such.
why not just have a conversation man? give some opinions and such.

if you read my posts you will see that i said i totally get that the president and his family need protection. of course.
i also said i do not think it is unreasonable for trump(and his family) to play ball a llittle bit.
again

fewer trips to mar a largo that cost 3 mill a pop
melania moves with baron to dc which saves a mill a day
if it must be baby trump that globe trots to promote the brand then maybe the brand should pay for the 900k in hotel bills for secret service

these seem like totally reasonable suggestions....

i would like to know what seems reasonable to you and the trumpets but all you give is little snide comments so i have not much to go on
edit on 22-3-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

LOL

You're the one that compared Trump's tacky taste to Buckingham Palace. However, if you had compared it to Palace of Versailles or the Vaux-le-Vicomte, I would have said the same thing. They are hundreds of years old and rich with historical significance. Trump's tacky apartment is not.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

how about this

what do you think about the cost of protecting trump and his family?
so you think the things that i and others mentioned are reasonable suggestions?

believe it or not i really do want to have a discussion and hear what the supporters think is reasonable.
all i am getting is snide remarks and discussion on his decor

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
If the Trumps want to live in decadent splendor and can afford it; it's their choice...

What I resent is their arrogance deciding for the elderly American poor that "meals on wheels" is just to expensive.
edit on 22-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

I thought all those cuts were to divert money over to expand the military and build a wall...
they're gonna have to cut the military pay in half to pay for all of this crap!!

maybe, just maybe, if we managed to get some people in washington that actually acted like they believed the crap that they were trying to sell us, we'd all stop arguing over just what should be cut and accept that we need to cut everything! but as long as they act like this, well...
sorry, give me my social security check and medicare please!!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

My only point is that everything is imitated. A knock off. Few things are actually original. When you look at art, architecture, read poetry and books...unless that person is already famous you compare them to someone who is famous. Versaille was just an exquisite mimicry of a style that was already popular.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If the Trumps want to live in decadent splendor and can afford it; it's their choice...

What I resent is their arrogance deciding for the old American poor that "meals on wheels" is just to expensive.

This. This pisses me off. I know people who will suffer, and it sucks.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join