It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service cant afford Trump

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Did you miss the problem has been here for over a decade in the article? Maybe we can get those billions back from Iran so our leader can be protected and not theirs?
edit on 08pm31pmf0000002017-08-21T15:15:03-05:000303 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You do know that was their money? We just released it.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

So, once sanctions are lifted for something another country does we should just give them back all the money plus interest as a 'my bad'.

Iran has already backed out of the deal that got them the money.

Their money? That was taxpayer money that paid that interest.

edit on 08pm31pmf0000002017-08-21T15:24:23-05:000323 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

thank you... I was kind of at a lost there for a minute as to what he was talking about..

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
they froze bank accounts, that was the money that was returned to them but what I understand...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
35 billion in foreign aid last year.

1. Israel: $3.1 billion
2. Egypt: $1.5 billion
3. Afghanistan: $1.1 billion
4. Jordan: $1 billion
5. Pakistan: $933 million

Cut them all off....

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

plus interest. Hell of a savings account to be returned to a terrorist supporting nation who hates us. It was also part of a ransom to release some but not all held captive in Iran who are US citizens.

Now back to Trump. I do not see him taking advantage of anything. The article is bogus by its headline and then what is stated as a decades old problem.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Man why are we spending this much money for a guy no one likes?

I think we need to change the way we do this. If a presidents approval rating drops below 50% we should stop protecting him/her. If they improve their grades than we can protect them again.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

how about if congress gets down to business and actually provides the funds that the secret service needs to provide security for the first family like was asked of them back in march along with increasing the caps so that we aren't asking agents to work for free??

because heaven forbid trump might have to stay home a weekend or two, or three even!!

edit on 21-8-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I would rather Congress work on repealing the ACA and not worrying about where Trump spends his vacations.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

??? so you are all for the agents being stiffed in their paychecks, along as you get your ACA repeal???

and if those secret service agents decide to just walk off the job at the end of their 8 hour day and leave the president unprotected on the golf course, you gonna be okay with that also??

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
No, because we as citizens and they as politicians do not have to worry about the USSS.

You see, there is another article where Ales states there is no issue.

seems Alles is backtracking ... or clarifying (depending on how ya look at it). "The Secret Service has the funding it needs to meet all current mission requirements for the remainder of the fiscal year and compensate employees for overtime within statutory pay caps," Alles said in a new statement. "The Secret Service estimates that roughly 1,100 employees will work overtime hours in excess of statutory pay caps during calendar year 2017. "Our agency experienced a similar situation in calendar year 2016 that resulted in legislation that allowed Secret Service employees to exceed statutory caps on pay."

"To remedy this ongoing and serious problem, the agency has worked closely with the Dept. of Homeland Security, the Administration, and the Congress over the past several months to find a legislative solution."

This was released around 11 AM EST today. I guess even he knows that the NY Post is fake news but wow, look at how crazy everyone got.

13 pages on on what a POS Trump is for spending all this money but the funds are there. The info you are all going on about is from June when a Obama appointee was complaining. John Roth.

www.govexec.com...

In his updated statement, Alles expressed optimism that DHS, the White House and Congress would once again find a solution for their current manpower shortage that ensure all employees are paid for their hours worked. Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., introduced a bill earlier this year that would give agents who have met their caps credit for their extra hours worked by applying them toward their retirement pensions. Catura called on Congress to raise the cap, and said it should give the Secret Service director or DHS secretary authority to grant waivers each year as needed. Other agencies in addition to Secret Service have reached out to him about hitting the pay cap.

Any reason now I should still be berated?
edit on 08pm31pmf0000002017-08-21T16:00:05-05:000405 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
that was a recent article that I posted today, and was mainly talking about the pay caps...
which, it does look like the congress is gonna have to get off their arse and correct???

instead of trying to pass poorly written legislation that they know ain't gonna pass the muster.. like their ACA repeal??

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Congress would have to do it anyways. The NY Post article makes it look as if Trump is bankrupting the USSS which it is not according to Ales, who heads the USSS, has stated is not true.

The ACA needs to be repealed first and foremost. Trust me I am pissed that those RINO's who used it for votes for 8 years have no solution either.

This is not about the ACA though.

It is about the fake news media wanting to create a new scandal.BS news....I am sure you will not see Ales retraction on CNN...

See the HuffPo is still running it as if it is breaking news...

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 08pm31pmf0000002017-08-21T16:14:28-05:000428 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
your bit about Iran being given money is fake news also...
so I guess we can assume that it's all fake news and go out and enjoy the day!!!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
YES ...INVIGORATING isn't it?

"HEAT" means PROGRESS.
Rampant emotionalism is a clumsy tool used too often, as are the slogans and "Alinsky" deflective methods( Can someone tell me WHAT the hell is UP with all the BLINKING seen in the DNC as opposed to the RNC/Trump? It's like they have DRY eye or something as a political faction.)
I never saw a sweeping change coming and I don't see a sweeping failure at all.
I see what I want him to do ,as I would do, ADAPT and overcome(In this case LAWYERS).
NOT really reading well politically because of it ,and I don't care what people think of words.
I care WHAT they do.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

No, my bit about Iran is not fake news. If you would like to start another thread discussing it that is fine.

Admitting you were wrong about the cost of the USSS would be ok though. Then it would be beer thirty...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join