It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service cant afford Trump

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

guess it depends on what you read. i thought my article mentioned 900k a day but it didnt break it down by day. i must have saw it in another thread.
i just googled it quickly though and the numbers are kind of all over.

snopes says 150k a day
your article says 300k if/when donald is there

one of the first ones i googled said estimates are 500k a day

so we have as low as 150k and as high as 900k.
lets be fair and split it.
lets call it 475k a day
i mean none of us know for sure. we all go by the # we read

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

guess it depends on what you read. i thought my article mentioned 900k a day but it didnt break it down by day. i must have saw it in another thread.
i just googled it quickly though and the numbers are kind of all over.

snopes says 150k a day
your article says 300k if/when donald is there

one of the first ones i googled said estimates are 500k a day

so we have as low as 150k and as high as 900k.
lets be fair and split it.
lets call it 475k a day
i mean none of us know for sure. we all go by the # we read

No, i don't want to split it in the middle and call it 475, I want real numbers.
It's expensive to protect POTUS and family, always has been, I don't see it as an issue.
If he can get a real growth rate of 3.5% thats whats important.
That and killing the TPP and keeping the price of energy down by rolling back Obamas plans to make energy price skyrocket more than makes up for any costs incurred protecting him.

Whats the alternative, jeopardize their safety?

Take away their freedom?

Dictate to them where they must live, and where and when they can and can't go?

This is America and you wish to take the freedom away from those at the highest levels?

Hypocrites.
edit on 23-3-2017 by D8Tee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Let's they there are 20 SS agents guarding the Trump tower. Each of them is paid 100 grand a year. In a year, it would cost 100 grand * 20 = 2 million to guard Trump tower.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yup.

# we read is a good way to put the entirety of our "information" from the "press"

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: D8Tee

Dictate to them where they must live,

im leaning hard towards this yes
the president and his family are furnished with a home on tax payers dollars.
i dont think it is unreasonable to want/expect them to live in that house that is furnished for them.

in all the years of the white house he and melania seem to be the first ones that has a problem with that setup.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Let's they there are 20 SS agents guarding the Trump tower. Each of them is paid 100 grand a year. In a year, it would cost 100 grand * 20 = 2 million to guard Trump tower.

yeah cause all that goes into it is their salary

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: D8Tee

Dictate to them where they must live,

im leaning hard towards this yes
the president and his family are furnished with a home on tax payers dollars.
i dont think it is unreasonable to want/expect them to live in that house that is furnished for them.

in all the years of the white house he and melania seem to be the first ones that has a problem with that setup.

Exactly. He took the job. All this ranting about his 'freedom' is hypocrisy. If it was Obama then the trumpcult would be triggered beyond belief.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
BTW, if you want my opinion (today's opinion, anyway) on why Melania is staying in NYC: She views the American Government as her enemy.

I can't really blame her. But she grew up in a world that was not very pro US. And is married to a man who openly despises the people in DC.

yeah, probably true, but she still needs to get her butt into the whitehouse. We can't pay millions of dollars a year extra bc she is scared.

Why, why does she need to?

Show me one law that states the wives of presidents have to live in the White House.

What tinysicktears said

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
it seems that the time has come!!
there is a salary cap and a overtime cap on secret service agents.
and there is now more than 1000 agents that have hit that limit. the limit was supposed to be for the whole year.
and without congress stepping in, there are now agents that can't be paid for the work they've already done...
and, of course, the pres is either off to arizona or planning on heading that way for another what is essentially, a campaign rally...

www.cnbc.com...

the guy's businesses have made more in just renting out golf carts than many of us normal folks make in a year!!

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Next quarter Trump can donate his POTUS salary to the secret service.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

that would be nice of him, but I kind of think that the agents would like to be paid before then??
how about we put a lease on him and confine him to the white house and lawn???

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Cannot be any worse than all the holidays Mr Obama used to take...

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Cannot be any worse than all the holidays Mr Obama used to take...

Now there's a Soundbite - - we hear over and over.

Of course, no comparison facts to back it up.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Did ANY of you read the article? Probably not. You got burnt by fake news again. Buried in the last few paragraphs is this...

In a statement issued later on Monday, Alles said he has enough funds to last through September and acknowledged that the pay problem isn’t unique to the Trump White House.

“This issue is not one that can be attributed to the current administration’s protection requirements but, rather, has been an ongoing issue for nearly a decade due to an overall increase in operational tempo,” Alles said.

You see, it was an issue before but no one really cared before. Why? Because Trump was not president.

The USSS is not going broke. I mean, if they are trying to hire 3000 agents in the next 8 years I think they have funding.

Alles said the agency is involved in a campaign to hire more agents that he believes will eventually reduce the workload. He said the goal is to go from the current 6,800 agents and uniform officers to 9,500 by 2025. “We’re making progress,” he said.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

It was not the trips that Barack made or when he went with his family. The ones I could not stand to read about were Michelle's. They were ridiculous.

A president should be allowed a vacation. Time away. They need it. But frivolous spending 'hidden' as state trips. Well, not cool.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

It was not the trips that Barack made or when he went with his family. The ones I could not stand to read about were Michelle's. They were ridiculous.

A president should be allowed a vacation. Time away. They need it. But frivolous spending 'hidden' as state trips. Well, not cool.

I would not expect YOU - - to see it any other way.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   

What? You people? Nice....

All I tried to show is that it was sensationalism from the NYP. I even put in my post that I understand vacations. I could really care less when Obama and his family did together. What his wife did under the guise of state vacations...bull#.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: TinySickTears

I imagine the threats against his life and the life of his family are insurmountable. Once again, the media is to blame for inciting it.

yup

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

maybe you missed this:

Secret Service Director Randolph "Tex'' Alles, in an interview with USA TODAY, said more than 1,000 agents have already hit the federally mandated caps for salary and overtime allowances that were meant to last the entire year.

or this one...

The compensation crunch is so serious that the director has begun discussions with key lawmakers to raise the combined salary and overtime cap for agents, from $160,000 per year to $187,000 for at least the duration of Trump's first term.

But even if such a proposal was approved, about 130 veteran agents would not be fully compensated for hundreds of hours already amassed, according to the agency.

but the one I particularly like is this:

The Secret Service has spent some $60,000 on golf cart rentals alone this year to protect Trump at both Mar-a-Lago and Bedminster.

which by the way, goes directly into trump's businesses...

quotes from
www.cnbc.com...

yes, they had this problem last year, but it was in october when it came to head is seems, not august. and it was an election year and they had the added duties related to that.

posted on Aug, 21 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This narcissistic, glutinous ass needs to keep it in the WH except for a normal vacation (which he's already had this YEAR, and his sanctioned business trips). He can go to Camp David for get-aways, like every other president has done. I can assure you he is no better than them, he just thinks he is, like he thinks he is better than YOU. It's a sickness.

The American people need to rise up and declare we will no longer support his frivolous trips, and those GROWN offspring.
It's beyond ridiculous. He can use the putting green on the WH lawn like everybody with good sense did.

I wonder how much WE are paying in fuel every month to prepare Air force One for this nonsense?

UGH.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join