It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service cant afford Trump

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: TinySickTears

DC is the circus. THe epicenter of sh## in the US. If we needed an enema, there is no doubt in my mind that DC wouldn't be the locale of its issuance. Its full of lies, power hungry sociopaths, enormous social injustice that creates a simmering rage, and spooks (honestly, the IC creeps me out in the same way a psychologist does). The only reason people move TO DC is to serve for the government. And I happen to think they are no better than Krampus.

ETA: my allusion to Melania isn't that she may be unsafe. Its that she may feel unsafe. Stranger in a strange land, and whatnot. I mean, i see no reason to argue it, because we are just making crap up here. You seem to want to make up the worst, and I just want to make up something more reasonable to help give you some context. If you aren't open to it, im cool with that. But lets be honest: you don't like Trump, and the narrative you support here presumes the worst.

fair enough to everything you said.
and to address it youre right. i do not like trump and i tend not to give him the benefit of the doubt. ive never denied it but to be fair i have not one time called for him to be impeached because of the secret service cost or lack of time spent at the white house. i have also not claimed he should not have protection.
i know you didnt claim i said it but people in this thread have.

and while i do not like trump, do not give him the benefit of the doubt, and presume the worst i still feel like my suggestions to save some cash on protection are totally reasonable.

the possible reasons for melania not staying at the white house are

baron to finish school. i have not denied this. totally possible. i did say i dont think that this is the only reason and i am very curious to see if melania moves there after he is out of school

she feels unsafe.......of course possible. i dont know. if that is how she feels then it begs the question from me, why would trump pursue the presidency so hard if his wife was going to feel unsafe about it?
we cant really answer that so it dont matter

she is miserable in her marriage.......who knows

the white house is not lavish enough for her.......seems totally reasonable to think that after a decade in a 100 million dollar apartment with gold plated # she could think that the white house is just not up to standards....not saying that is the case but i am saying that is my opinion on why she stays in new york

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Brother, im not calling you into question. I think you're a legit dude. We've talked about a lot more than politics....and it ain't letting this stupid circus ruin respect I have for good people.

Remember....you were the one who got me to quit smoking.
You can't be all bad. lol

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
BTW, if you want my opinion (today's opinion, anyway) on why Melania is staying in NYC: She views the American Government as her enemy.

I can't really blame her. But she grew up in a world that was not very pro US. And is married to a man who openly despises the people in DC.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

A simple google search would tell you why d.c is worse than nyc.

Don't rely on people feeding you info, look for yourself.

if it is so bad then why is she going to move there after baron finishes?

im not buying that DC is less safe for her than new york.
she does not run in circles that would put her in the # parts of DC. mega secret service protection and such.
in my opinion she is just as safe in DC than in new york

and to touch on something else you said BFFT. as far as past presidents being killed.
a lot of things have changed since kennedy and yes it is because of what happened to him
as far as protection and safety i mean.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

a lot of things have changed since kennedy and yes it is because of what happened to him as far as protection and safety i mean.

Don't forget Ronald.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Brother, im not calling you into question. I think you're a legit dude. We've talked about a lot more than politics....and it ain't letting this stupid circus ruin respect I have for good people.

Remember....you were the one who got me to quit smoking.
You can't be all bad. lol

and im not doing it to you.
i feel the same about you. weve had good talks in the food section and i want to continue. and i do remember the quitting smoking...
im just trying to have a discussion in the pit. everything cant be factual......sometimes i just like to talk and hear opinions even if and when i dont agree.
i will be the first to admit my opinion of trump is pretty low. its just how i feel and i seriously doubt it will change any time soon.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

...are not your business, frankly.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

a lot of things have changed since kennedy and yes it is because of what happened to him as far as protection and safety i mean.

Don't forget Ronald.

yeah youre right. kennedy is the most recent assassination though....things like rolling around in a drop top and open windows in the immediate area would not happen today.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

and the budget of $148 million/yr will cut for the National Endowment Arts and Humanities.

RE: the numbers you throw around....can you give me a source? Im intersted in having a look.

RE: the NEA having its budget cut....good. Maybe it'll stop the propensity of supporting what is "bad art" just to make the US look more sophisticated to Europe.

www.newyorker.com...

Read the above. Its not "fake news". Its not "partisan". Its truth. And what that truth says is that many of the philosophers, thinkers, and artists of the last century were not "great", but were instead pushed and promoted until people accepted them.

Its one thing for Jackson Pollack to be acclaimed as amazing. But consider that...is his work amazing? Or is it akin to a group of sommeliers getting around and BSing through a wine tasting?

The NEA was a product of McCarthyism, essentially. We could not let a bunch of commies hold all avaialble slots in an art exhibit, while proclaiming that our culture was superior, now could we?

That is just one person's opinion (and a dumb opinion at that), but you knew that didnt you? You werent posting that as fact, were you?

and souce...
Well, it will not let me post the source so please just google search Trump cuts NEA Washington post

edit on 23-3-2017 by veracity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I wouldn't be so bold to say that, if there is a will there is a way.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

...are not your business, frankly.

im allowed to have an opinion on the reasons and i am allowed to discuss them.
this is a discussion board. we discuss things all the time that are not any of our business.
ive not claimed any of my opinions as fact....

now that i think about it though if i wanted to push it i would say it is my business. i pay taxes. taxes pay for the secret service that protects her and the house in DC that is furnished for her.....
so yeah i will go with it is my business

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

You can grouse about her choice all you want, but the fact is that she's free and over 21, so her reasons for not being in DC are, again, none of your business.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

You can grouse about her choice all you want, but the fact is that she's free and over 21, so her reasons for not being in DC are, again, none of your business.

and thats your opinion.
my opinion is since my tax dollars pay for her protection and the house she does not live in that it is my buisness.

i just looked at threads started by you. plenty that are "none of your business" so come off it
edit on 23-3-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

BTW, if you want my opinion (today's opinion, anyway) on why Melania is staying in NYC: She views the American Government as her enemy.

I can't really blame her. But she grew up in a world that was not very pro US. And is married to a man who openly despises the people in DC.

yeah, probably true, but she still needs to get her butt into the whitehouse. We can't pay millions of dollars a year extra bc she is scared.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

yeah, probably true, but she still needs to get her butt into the whitehouse. We can't pay millions of dollars a year extra bc she is scared.

Why, why does she need to?

Show me one law that states the wives of presidents have to live in the White House.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

thats where i am at too.
i will give her benefit of the doubt on barons school. school is out in june so she should be in DC in about 3 months. we will see about that.
tax payers proved a house for the first family. they proved protection for them. there is a budget for that.
because she does not stay at the house provided(and donalds mar a largo jaunts) they are having to cut work done in other areas. protecting the first family is not their sole responsibility.
i feel like she needs to be in the house provided to bring the cost back down....
very much my business.

if it truly is none of my business then i would like a form to wave any of my tax dollars from going to pay for her security while in new york.
seems fair
if it is none of my business then dont take my money for it

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Why, why does she need to?

Show me one law that states the wives of presidents have to live in the White House.

i stated above why i feel she needs to.
there is no law and never claimed there was one.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I imagine the threats against his life and the life of his family are insurmountable. Once again, the media is to blame for inciting it.

Once again I guess this is Trump's fault for the price of security on the President. Geez, what else can we talk about...maybe they use a lot of toilet paper too.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

i just looked at threads started by you.

Good, you could use the examples.

I'm not saying the tax issue is none of your business, but you're trying to focus on reasons why she's living in NYC, which is none... of your business. Bitch about the system and how much the Secret Service costs to your heart's desire, Chico. That's absolutely fair play if you're a tax payer.

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I imagine the threats against his life and the life of his family are insurmountable. Once again, the media is to blame for inciting it.

Once again I guess this is Trump's fault for the price of security on the President. Geez, what else can we talk about...maybe they use a lot of toilet paper too.

lets forget fault.

why is it so unreasonable to want the first lady to live in the white house to save 900k a day? i dont get why that is such an issue.
that is a lot of money....

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join