It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Service cant afford Trump

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
i thought this article was interesting. according to this they may have to scale back other areas they cover due to the cost of protecting trump and his adult children

www.huffingtonpost.com...

President Donald Trump’s frequent travel, large family and unusual living situation are apparently weighing heavily on the Secret Service’s budget. The agency recently requested an additional $60 million in spending for fiscal year 2018, according to a Washington Post report on Tuesday. Nearly $27 million of that was to be earmarked for security at the president’s private residence at Trump Tower in New York, where first lady Melania Trump lives with their 11-year-old son. The Secret Service also said it needed another $33 million to cover travel costs incurred by “the president, vice president and other visiting heads of state.”

The Office of Management and Budget rejected the request, a source told the Post, which could potentially force the Secret Service to scale back on other operations, like investigations into cyber hacking, counterfeit currency, financial crimes or missing and exploited minors.

seems like ole trump could avoid a large cost to the tune of about a million a day if his wife and kid actually moved into the white house with him. i suspect the white house is simply not lavish enough for their taste. just an opinion. no evidence to support it other than the fact melania is staying in their 100 million dollar apartment in the building trump owns where her son has an entire floor to himself.
another indicator for me is it seems trump tries to get down to mar a largo, his other super posh pad as much as he can.
i dont think they like to slum it

Providing Secret Service details for the first lady and the rest of Trump’s family, including his four adult sons and daughters, has also led to mounting costs. Although this level of protection is standard for the first family, the specific needs of Trump’s older children have attracted scrutiny. In February, for example, Eric Trump flew to Uruguay to promote the Trump Organization. The trip ended up costing taxpayers nearly $90,000 in hotel bills for the Secret Service agents who accompanied him, leading to renewed criticism of how the president’s business interests intertwine with government functions.

i know the children(even adults) of the president need protection. has happened before. the difference is little jaunts like the uruguay trip to promote the trump brand.
should taxpayers have to foot the bill for stuff like that? in my opinion no.

i though this was interesting.
almost 100k in hotel bills
almost a million a day for melania
about 3 million a pop for the mar a largo jaunts

its adding up.

seems to me that trump is fleecing us all and people dont seem to care. a lot anyway. that is pretty clear from the tone of the posts on these boards the last month or so.
im sure we will see more of that same tone in this thread when people run in to defend why all this money being spent is totally cool.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
How much is a secret service agent paid annually? Millions?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's insane, the amount of money flowing into, and out of our infernal government.

This can't be what the founders had in mind when they drew it up.

Why do all of these people need to travel so much? Obama's lavish travels, and now Trump is looking to unseat him as King Mooch of the Universe.

These people have out stayed their welcome. I wish we could give them all The Boot.

Sickening.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TomLawless

The two parties are like this. Jill Stein is a good candidate. Hardly anyone voted for her. A vote for a third party is a wasted vote.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

Obviously.

And I will say that while she's delightful, and bubbly, and gorgeous, Jill Stein is as bad as Gary Johnson.

We had bubkis for "third party candidates" this time around. Almost as if they were all following a script.

+20 more 
posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I imagine the threats against his life and the life of his family are insurmountable. Once again, the media is to blame for inciting it.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   
WINNING!

Wait a minute..

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The US government injects millions into the economy every year. Every year there is inflation. The poor get poorer. The rich get richer.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Melania and Barron are not safe in DC. There is a very good reason that they avoid that wretched place.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

I imagine the threats against his life and the life of his family are insurmountable. Once again, the media is to blame for inciting it.

i dont know the amount of threats he and his family face.
what i do know is if melania and baron lived at the white house with him that would save about a mill a day.
if he didnt go to mar a largo every weekend that would have saved like 15 mill so far

i know i know. baron has to finish school.

let me ask all of your opinions.

does anyone think that melania is staying in new york because the white house is not lavish enough for her?
lets assume she IS staying there for baron to finish school. you think that is the only reason?
i dont. i think she is used to living a certain way and that way is her lavish apartment.

i am very curious to see if she really does move in with trump after baron finishes school.

next one

does anyone think that trump goes to mar a largo so much because the white house is not lavish enough for him?
maybe not the only reason but do you think that is one of the reasons?

i do

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Very true.

Still. Maybe they ought to try and curb the travel. Or how about making them live in one spot?

This is the life they have chosen. Did they really think they could just continue on in life as if nothing has changed?

I think they all need to button it up and hunker down for a while.

link   
Well with popular culture's unabashed hatred of and fantasizing(at the very least openly contemplating) his death and harm to his family, SS has a handful regardless of travel costs.

Alot like blaming him for being a lame duck while the Dems are wasting time and filibustering

Thanks America, Manifest Destiny!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I find it stupidly hypocritical that the Republicans complained incessantly about Obama taking vacations and how much money he spent on them, while not a PEEP is heard from them about Trump and shattering the costs that Obama spent on his vacations after only 60 days in office.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Perfectenemy

Melania and Barron are not safe in DC. There is a very good reason that they avoid that wretched place.

why not?
why is it so dangerous for them in DC?
what makes them safer in new york?

do you think her staying there is about their safety or barons school? or both

i dont think anyone(im not) is saying the first family should not be protected but they should be reasonable.
as in the first family should live at the white house.
maybe dont go to mar a largo every weekend

if little boy trump must globe trot to support the brand then maybe the brand should foot the bill for the hotels and #.

this all seems very reasonable to me.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Maybe secret service agents shouldn't be paid 6 or 7 figure salaries.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I find it stupidly hypocritical that the Republicans complained incessantly about Obama taking vacations and how much money he spent on them, while not a PEEP is heard from them about Trump and shattering the costs that Obama spent on his vacations after only 60 days in office.

yeah it really chaps my ass too.
i remember obama getting ripped cause he went golfing

when trump goes to florida every weekend though....he is working. he deserves a break. blah blah

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

seems like ole trump could avoid a large cost to the tune of about a million a day if his wife and kid actually moved into the white house with him. i suspect the white house is simply not lavish enough for their taste. just an opinion. no evidence to support it other than the fact melania is staying in their 100 million dollar apartment in the building trump owns where her son has an entire floor to himself.
another indicator for me is it seems trump tries to get down to mar a largo, his other super posh pad as much as he can.
i dont think they like to slum it

You do realize Melania and Barron are moving into the White House when he finishes the school year, right? And you do realize they've stated that a number of times, right? And you do realize their reasoning for it is they didn't want Barron switching schools in the middle of the year, right?

edit on 22-3-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
We should demand they all live in the white house, if for no other reason than to save money...

...Being a great big business douche like he is, the Trumpanzee should have no problem with that as far as saving money...
edit on ? by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Please.

Don't start. We were all having a nice chat. Why do we have to go there?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Maybe secret service agents shouldn't be paid 6 or 7 figure salaries.

They take a pledge/vow to die for him/her if need be. How many jobs require that?

eta: I looked it up and the pay range is from roughly $44,000 to $122,000.
edit on 3/22/2017 by angeldoll because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join