It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wiretap Confirmed "Incidental Collection" Becomes the Scapegoat for the Lying Media

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: SBMcG
And the Alt-Left Deep State continues to crumble...

When #NeverTrump whiners like Sen. Lindsay Graham see the light and embrace the reality of Deep State spying, we're half way to Draining the Swamp, folks!

“I meet with foreign leaders all the time as a senator,” Graham told CNN’s Wolf Blitzer Wednesday evening. “I wonder if my meetings are being surveilled by the intelligence community. If so, I think when I'm involved, that would be inappropriate, because I may be talking of things of policy that I don't want the executive branch to know about.”

CNS News

What a scumbag.

When I'm involved it's inappropriate.

Scum.

Can't disagree that Graham is a scum bag, but he is right to raise the issue... just how much spying did the Obama administration do? The idea that he could be using the cover of foreign intelligence to spy on opposing party Senator and Congressmen meetings is one that should leave everyone concerned.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Other than saying "Trump was 100% correct about this" what is the effing point ?

The USA PATRIOT Act is an Act of Congress that was signed into law by President George W. Bush on October 26, 2001. With its ten-letter abbreviation (USA PATRIOT) expanded, the full title is "Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001".

These effing liberals are out of control. Bush should never have signed the bill into law. I hate Bush and the rest of the Democrats for ruining this country and taking away our liberties.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: amfirst1
a reply to: thedigirati

Trump must be really clean. All that wiretapping and red herring they have yet found anything or any dirt to black mail him. hahahahahahah loserssssss!!!

The idiots have been officially using OUR taxpayer dollars for 8 months to conduct international investigations into Donald Trump. Unofficially, the spying and investigating has been occurring for YEARS.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
Well, there you have it folks. Trumps wires were tapped. Plain as day.

No. No, there you don't have it--unless by "it" you mean a shabbily dressed strawman.

Left is about to get REKT.

The pipe dreams and schadenfreude are strong with you.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TramperoJuan

actually everyone who is a US citizens wires are tapped by the NSA. remember they said themselves they catch every communication.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I re-read the OP's initial post. I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. So today Trump's smoke-screen (aka Nunes) said that he 'can't be sure whether Trump et al had been monitored.

The chairman of the House intelligence committee has backed down from his dramatic assertion that Donald Trump and his aides were "monitored," by U.S. spies — a claim the Republicans have cited this week in fundraising emails.
Rep. Devin Nunes told reporters Friday he can't be sure whether conversations among Trump or his aides were captured in the surveillance that has become a source of controversy since Nunes made it public in two news conferences this week.

...even though he said on Wednesday that he had seen documents saying that that they had.

"I have seen intelligence reports that clearly show the president elect and his team were at least monitored and disseminated out," Nunes told reporters.

What a lying sack. And you Trump apologists lap this up. What maroons!

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
I re-read the OP's initial post. I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. So today Trump's smoke-screen (aka Nunes) said that he can't be sure whether Trump et al had been monitored

Well, either the New York Times was publishing disinformation,
or the New York Times was publishing a lie.

The very headline some said never existed in the first place.

When the New York Times Claimed A Wiretap: Image Credit
A New York Times Article Published on Inauguration Day

So, Trump is right, or the NYT's is a yellow rag.

edit on 24-3-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Greven

We're all taking scant facts and adding in some of what WE believe to be common sense. But of course, you just don't know unless the person him/her-self speaks. I don't think President Trump has personally said if he meant that a literal BUG was placed on his phone circuit in Trump Tower.

Oh, okay.

So the thread title is speculative, rather than 'confirmed.'

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: Greven

a reply to: Greven

President Trump is 70 years old. A "friend" in the intelligence community told him that his communications were being SPIED on. In his mind, that's old 1950's-1980's Wiretapping. It's nothing more than that. ALL surveillance would fall under his "wiretapping" claim. The Obama Administration ordered it. No doubt there.

So what did Nunes mean, when he said Trump was wrong?

See this is what people ain't getting...

Person says X
Other person says X didn't happen
The context of X should be the same - what Other person refuted should be what Person said (X).

Yet, people here are claiming instead that Person meant Y, and implicitly that Other person still meant X.

So was Other person lying, then? Was he purposely damaging Person's credibility by claiming Y was X? Was it a goof? What is the angle here?

And this is where a rational person gives Trump the benefit of the doubt. He made allegations that could be false....but it doesnt make him a liar. It makes him ignorant, ill informed, short sighted....but not liar. And if his detractors would stop screaming "Liar!" like Donald Sutherland ratting you out to the body snatcher, it would go a LOOOONNNGGGG way toward improving the ability to dialogue. The absurdity of screaming about a lie from an elected official, after the crap show of the last 16 years (8 of whichs "they" didn't raise a peep)

It all comes down to misrepresenting what happened just to score stupid political points in internet discussions.

Im only half way throuh Black Mirror....but i hope they do an episode on this phenomena. For me, histrionic behavior angers me. Which makes me completely intolerant of the histrionic people.

The rational person considers the multitude of exaggerations and outright lies that President Trump is known for and his proclivity to tweet whatever is on his mind.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships

I re-read the OP's initial post. I laughed so hard I almost wet myself. So today Trump's smoke-screen (aka Nunes) said that he can't be sure whether Trump et al had been monitored

There's a difference in context between the two, though.

President Trump claims his phones were tapped.
The NYT in January was talking about his aides.

As I think I've read somewhere, President Trump claimed he read about it in the NYT, which was the impetus for the tapped phone tweet.

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Seems pretty clear that the New York times is publishing names and information from classified sources as Gowdy points out here which Comey can neither confirm or deny:

posted on Mar, 25 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Do you hear yourself? When a person starts repeating the actual words used in propaganda to defend that propaganda, the snake is eating it's tail.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Well, there you have it folks. Trumps wires were tapped. Plain as day. Incidental collection is part of the terminology used for executing FISA warrants. As the FISA court is unable to authorize wiretapping of American Citizens, those communications must be incidental and are supposed to be minimalized and deleted. So basically Trump was 100% correct about this.

JUST IN: Devin Nunes says President Trump's personal communications may have been picked up by investigators through "incidental collection"

LINK

NUNES CONFIRMS THIS WAS DONE WITH A FISA WARRANT LINK< br />
ETA: The FISA warrant will be coming out Friday. Left is about to get REKT.

March 25, 2017

Interesting "back story" here....

""Hours before the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee announced his shocking claims about surveillance of the Trump transition team on Wednesday morning, he practically disappeared.

Rep. Devin Nunes was traveling with a senior committee staffer in an Uber on Tuesday evening when he received a communication on his phone. After the message, Nunes left the car abruptly, leaving his own staffer in the dark about his whereabouts.

By the next morning, Nunes hastily announced a press conference. His own aides, up to the most senior level, did not know what their boss planned to say next. Nunes’ choice to keep senior staff out of the loop was highly unusual.""

Full Story: www.thedailybeast.com...

You think Nunes hopped out of the UBER car and met with a "deep throat" informer in another car?

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Or maybe his lunch didn't sit well with him

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: burntheships

There's a difference in context between the two, though.

President Trump claims his phones were tapped.
The NYT in January was talking about his aides.

As I think I've read somewhere, President Trump claimed he read about it in the NYT, which was the impetus for the tapped phone tweet.

Except Trump didn't say his phones were tapped. He did say Obama had Trump Towers "wires tapped" (note the quotations) which some has taken it literally to prove he's lying but not acknowledging the overall fact that his campaign and transition were under surveillance. Also, his server for Trump Towers was actually a subject of a FISA warrant and was under surveillance and investigated to conclude their was nothing going on.

Do you not think with this revelation of "incidental" surveillance brings in the high possibility that this meant that communications to Trump at Trump Towers from his team were actually recorded, transcribed, unmasked and disseminated loosely through the Intel community, essentially making it up for grabs for leaking. Nothing here seems valid but only politically motivated.

I agree with those sating this is worse than Watergate because it is on so many levels.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Well, there you have it folks. Trumps wires were tapped. Plain as day. Incidental collection is part of the terminology used for executing FISA warrants. As the FISA court is unable to authorize wiretapping of American Citizens, those communications must be incidental and are supposed to be minimalized and deleted. So basically Trump was 100% correct about this.

JUST IN: Devin Nunes says President Trump's personal communications may have been picked up by investigators through "incidental collection"

LINK

March 25, 2017

""Hours before the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee announced his shocking claims about surveillance of the Trump transition team on Wednesday morning, he practically disappeared.

Rep. Devin Nunes was traveling with a senior committee staffer in an Uber on Tuesday evening when he received a communication on his phone. After the message, Nunes left the car abruptly, leaving his own staffer in the dark about his whereabouts.

By the next morning, Nunes hastily announced a press conference. His own aides, up to the most senior level, did not know what their boss planned to say next. Nunes’ choice to keep senior staff out of the loop was highly unusual.""

You think Nunes hopped out of the UBER car and met with a "deep throat" informer in another car?

One can easily speculate that it was a call from some kind of inside source with sown relevant information . I'm tired of the secrecy and unnamed sources. I don't trust the media to tell us the truth and I just can't trust the FBI in that I get the notion that once they investigate something the control the information and basically hide it from the American people.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

Except Trump didn't say his phones were tapped.
Except he did say exactly that. More than once.

I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October, just prior to Election!

How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. This is Nixon/Watergate. Bad (or sick) guy!

edit on 3/26/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sure you can get the Trump "lied" in his tweet points because essentially that what his haters care about. I'll take the overall truth that he and his administration was under surveillance which includes phone, email, texts, etc.. and was illegally disseminated.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: mkultra11

LINK

March 25, 2017

One can easily speculate that it was a call from some kind of inside source with sown relevant information . I'm tired of the secrecy and unnamed sources. I don't trust the media to tell us the truth and I just can't trust the FBI in that I get the notion that once they investigate something the control the information and basically hide it from the American people.

Since the first Nunes statement on the "new" evidence, I have suspected that there was an inside source -- perhaps a former Obama official.

Whatever it is, something spooked Nunes so badly on Tuesday that he felt compelled to pay President Trump a visit before even informing his own committee.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: mkultra11

Sure you can get the Trump "lied" in his tweet points because essentially that what his haters care about.
You were wrong. Right? Trump did say his phone was tapped by Obama. Right?

I'll take the overall truth that he and his administration was under surveillance which includes phone, email, texts, etc.. and was illegally disseminated.
The only illegal dissemination I know of was the leak of Flynn's conversation. How do you know that came from the Obama admin?
edit on 3/26/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join