It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wiretap Confirmed "Incidental Collection" Becomes the Scapegoat for the Lying Media

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Obama and/or his players took advantage of the opportunity to eavesdrop, then somebody committed a crime by disseminating names and releasing transcripts.

Somebody is going to prison over this....and they should.

I am still very concerned about what Obama and Loretta Lynch did just days before leaving office when they allowed raw NSA spying data to be made available to other agencies including foreign counterparts.

That act alone made the illegal unmasking of American names even more disturbing. Why Obama and Lynch did this is still very suspicious.

edit on 22-3-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Rep. Peter King says (on 0'Reilly just now) that according to what he was told by Nunes, he is 99.9% certain that the Trump transition team was placed under surveillance by the Obama administration. This included Trumps daily movements.

CNN and other liberal anti-Trump media and news outlets only need that .1% doubt to say that Trump was wrong, therefore lying.

edit on 22-3-2017 by ausername because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: MysticPearl

I do. Trump is trying to use any ammunition he has to deflect attention from his involvement with Russia. He even has the committee responsible for researching Russia's interference in our election focused on If Obama was putting him under surveillance instead of what they should be focused on - Russia.

Please provide evidence that President Trump had any "involvement with Russia".

Please provide evidence that Russia affected the outcome of President Trump's victory over Bill Clinton's wife.

Thank you.

Oh come on now. Didn't you watch Rachel Maddows tax return show the other day?

See, some returns may show Trump got money from Russians, and one time this guy from Russia parked hi yacht next to a Trump surrogates, and so here is tax returns from 2005 that show Trump paid a lot of taxes.....

and there you have it! Proof That Trump worked with russia to hack the election!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: underwerks
This is hilarious. People are twisting backwards to try to redefine what Trump said so it's not a lie.

The reality is that the President saw a story on the news, tweeted angrily about it without thinking of the consequences, then his team had to play damage control and try to rationalize his actions.

Which isn't a lie. Not that its better....but that isn't a lie.

I think that is the long and short of it, Trump was wrong and it's time to admit it instead of trying to justify his false statement. I do agree that he got his news story from Breitbart, which was in turn reporting on some speculation a radio talk show host made. This kind of reasoning is dangerous, and as we can see, leads to the President tweeting "fake news."

I will agree that in this case the President seems to have been swayed by the conservative media and so was probably jumping to conclusions, not lying. But he sure isn't good at apologizing or manning up.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I find it enjoyable watching CNN trying to spin this. Mental gymnastics

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: babyfacebill
What spin is needed?

President Trump tweeted that his phones were tapped, by Obama, during the election.
Congressman Nunes very clearly stated that no physical wiretap of Trump Tower happened.

The end.

If the President meant general spying, he should have said so. Wiretapping is very specific. Maybe he should stop being so loose with the truth.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Proof That Trump worked with russia to hack the election!

Wonder what would happen if Trump came out and showed how many times America has influenced other countries elections?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

You guys use bigotry and racism interchangeably and improperly and for everything and NOW you are concerned about the actual definition of words?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkbake
a reply to: xuenchen

Obama did? When?

Well what has everybody been talking about since last July ?

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Rachel Maddow had a 2-page summary of Trump's 2005 tax return, I'm not sure why she didn't glance over it before going on the news to avoid being a huge letdown. The FBI is still investigating Trump's Russian ties, including whether or not he was directly involved with Russia in hacking into Democrats e-mails.

The evidence shows that Russia did interfere with the U.S. election, especially by leaking stolen e-mails through Wikileaks to make Hillary Clinton look bad. The question now is how much Trump was involved with this. That is under investigation, so we don't know one way or the other.

There is also evidence that shows Russia used bots and social media warriors to promote conservative news stories, not always factual, that put Clinton in a negative light.
edit on 22pmWed, 22 Mar 2017 20:00:26 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You guys use bigotry and racism interchangeably and improperly and for everything and NOW you are concerned about the actual definition of words?

Who are 'you guys'?

I've always been a Republican. Again, stop assumptions and being loose with the truth.

The President saying that and meaning something else is akin to someone screaming that there's a lion in her house, when it's just an alley cat.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If his comms was picked up because of incidental collection, it wasn't to do with the Russians or anything criminal any guesses why?
edit on 22-3-2017 by oxford because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-3-2017 by oxford because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven
What spin is needed?

President Trump tweeted that his phones were tapped, by Obama, during the election.
Congressman Nunes very clearly stated that no physical wiretap of Trump Tower happened.

The end.

If the President meant general spying, he should have said so. Wiretapping is very specific. Maybe he should stop being so loose with the truth.

Semantics.

One has to be pretty ignorant not to understand the broad spectrum implied in "wire-tapping". How do you know that smart phones weren't being monitored? Has your head been in the sand for the last couple of weeks since it was revealed that laptops, smart phones, smart TVs, and other electronic devices have been "tapped". (Notice the quotes.)

It isn't over yet.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
On and on...

About the speculation that Trump tower probably has fiber and couldn't be "tapped", well ya know what?, just about all fiber stops at the outside of the building and more than likely didn't get past the crawlspaces if it went that deep. Fiber is a scam...And the tool one needs to tap into it costs multiple tens of thousands of dollars (yeah, I know you can get a cheap one on Ebay...)...

About the use of words and what they mean and speculation as to what President Tweet meant by what he tweeted...Tweet is just an air-head and anyone with the ears to hear, who actually listened to what he had to say all the way through his nonsensical rally (so called) speeches while campaigning, right up till today pretty much can assume anything he says can be taken with a grain of salt. President or not.

Bla, bla, bla about what Comey said and what he meant by what he said. I listened to what he said myself and I gathered that the "tap" story didn't warrant any investigation because it was pretty much proved to be baseless after some scrutiny by people who actually know what the F they are talking about, and the Russian investigation was still ongoing so he couldn't share any more information than he did.

I don't know where you get this "Lying Media" BS, unless of course you're just confused about what everyone is saying, and if that is the case it's on you.

WTF is wrong here?.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Rep. Peter King says (on 0'Reilly just now) that according to what he was told by Nunes, he is 99.9% certain that the Trump transition team was placed under surveillance by the Obama administration. This included Trumps daily movements.

I guess we'll know on Friday, when the documents are released by (NSA? FBI? CIA?). If they show daily movements of Trump's team, (eating, pooping, napping, etc..) it will be CERTAIN that they were directly spied upon.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

originally posted by: Grimpachi
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Therefore...a lie.

He accused the president. No evidence has been shown to prove that accusation. Trump has not shown any evidence to prove it either.

Yes that is called a lie.

If you wanna get tecnical...in order for a statement to become a lie...it has to be disproven. Not providing evidence does not automate to a lie.

Well if you want to get super technical, the burden of proof is on those making the claims, not on those defending themselves.

Show me proof of Obama tapping Trumps phone before the election. That is what was originally said.

Now, it's "Probably nothing to do with Obama, and it was after the election"

That would in fact be a lie.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

originally posted by: Greven
What spin is needed?

The end.

Semantics.

One has to be pretty ignorant not to understand the broad spectrum implied in "wire-tapping". How do you know that smart phones weren't being monitored? Has your head been in the sand for the last couple of weeks since it was revealed that laptops, smart phones, smart TVs, and other electronic devices have been "tapped". (Notice the quotes.)

It isn't over yet.

Wiretapping is very specific. Tapped phone - very specifically wiretapping. This was the exact thing the President said.

Again, it's like saying a cougar broke in a house when it's actually a house cat.

Sure, they're both cats, but they're far different.

If he meant spying, he should have said spying. Why specify wiretapping?
edit on 20Wed, 22 Mar 2017 20:05:29 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago3 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

If your phone isn't encrypted, the data is flying around everywhere, free to capture by anyone, even you or me.

I know from a scanner on my computer that almost no one encrypts their phone because they don't have the patience to wait a bit longer for the encrypt/de-crypt/encript. I can watch phones drive by...Cars too, with my computer.

The fact that there is so much data flying around out there by nearly everyone is where this "incidental capture" comes into play. the names are not revealed and the captured data is supposed to be destroyed if it isn't pertinent to the investigation to protect the privacy of the people whose information is "incidentally captured".

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Indeed.
The term 'tapping' comes from 'tapping' a barrel, to get what is inside. One tapped out the bung from the wooden barrel with a mallet and tapped in a spigot, with the mallet.
'Tapping' a phone was not usually done to the phone, but to lines going to it, to get what was inside... the conversation.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Picky Picky.

Nit picking.

You do know that wiretaps were in place at "The Tower" a few years ago because of a separate investigation right ?

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join