It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Colo. GOP leader said only Democrats committed voter fraud. Now he’s charged with voter fraud.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Ex-Colo. GOP leader said only Democrats committed voter fraud. Now he’s charged with voter fraud.
Gotta love the smell of irony. Yummy!

The 2016 election was just a month away when Steve Curtis, a conservative radio host and former Colorado Republican Party chairman, devoted an entire episode of his morning talk show to the heated topic of voter fraud.

“It seems to me,” Curtis said in the 42-minute segment, “that virtually every case of voter fraud I can remember in my lifetime was committed by Democrats.”

O REEEEEEALY?

On Tuesday, Colorado prosecutors threw a wrench into that already dubious theory, accusing Curtis of voter fraud for allegedly filling out and mailing in his ex-wife’s 2016 ballot for president, Denver’s Fox affiliate reported.

Curtis, 57, was charged in Weld County District Court with one count of misdemeanor voter fraud and one count of forgery, a Class 5 felony, according to local media.

Also this:

The case is the only voter fraud investigation related to the 2016 election that has resulted in criminal charges in the state, the Colorado secretary of state’s office told Denver’s ABC affiliate.

HA! So not only is Curtis' "theory" not true, but as it stands, 100% of the cases of voter fraud that have resulted in criminal charges within Colorado were committed by conservatives. Of course voter fraud isn't a problem as evidenced by the fact this is the only case of VF that has resulted in criminal charges. So I want to make sure that is mentioned in this thread.

For some more comedy:

Officials in Weld County, Colo., said they learned of Curtis’s allegedly fraudulent ballot when his ex-wife, Kelly Curtis, called the local elections office in October asking how she could cast a vote by mail in Colorado from her new home in South Carolina, Fox 31 reported.

And this:

In court Tuesday, Curtis’s attorney reportedly asked the judge to impose a gag order to prevent prosecutors from discussing the case. The judge rejected the request, according to Fox 31. Curtis is due back in court in May.

Sorry Curtis, you live by the idiotic political rhetoric, you die by it. We will ALL be gleefully laughing at you for being caught doing the VERY thing you accuse Democrats of only doing. Oh and the comedy continues:

Curtis agreed. There was “something about being a Democrat,” he said, that made people prone to criminal behavior. At multiple points, the two brought up fraudulent mail-in ballots and “double voting” specifically. They predicted a crackdown on voter fraud if Trump became president but expressed concerns that their votes wouldn’t be counted in the upcoming election.

“I expect any day now that I’m going to be getting my ballot in the mail,” Curtis said. “This is one year I’m gonna jump right on it. I’m gonna make sure that if I get hit by a bus in the next 30 days that my vote for Donald Trump is already in the system.”

I wonder if Curtis will tell us what his foot tastes like, because it looks like he's been munching on it quite extensively.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

HA! So not only is Curtis' "theory" not true, but as it stands, 100% of the cases of voter fraud that have resulted in criminal charges within Colorado were committed by conservatives. Of course voter fraud isn't a problem as evidenced by the fact this is the only case of VF that has resulted in criminal charges. So I want to make sure that is mentioned in this thread.

The only case in the 2016 election. NOT the only case in Colorado.

Randall Killian, an unaffiliated voter, pleaded guilty to voting in Douglas County, Colorado and Kansas in the 2012 presidential election. Ron Weems, a registered Democrat, pleaded guilty to voting in Teller County, Colorado and Kansas in both 2012 and 2014.

Grabchenko pleaded guilty to procuring false registration (by providing a false registration to vote), a misdemeanor. He was given a two-year deferred sentence with two years of supervised probation, and was ordered to complete 48 hours of community service.

A Colorado man was found guilty following a jury trial of voting
twice, a misdemeanor, in county elections in 2008 and 2009.

Here is a link.

With that being said, some good ol' irony is always good for a laugh. Hope this guy gets in some trouble. Political hypocrisy is rampant.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Good I am glad he got busted and am glad that FOX reported it too .

His ex-wife, Kelly Curtis, was less shy when reached by phone in South Carolina. "I was livid over the whole situation, definitely," she said. Curtis said she left her husband after just nine months of marriage. "I didn't feel it was an equal partnership, I'll just leave it at that," she said.
kdvr.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
The only case in the 2016 election. NOT the only case in Colorado.

Yeah. That's what I meant.

With that being said, some good ol' irony is always good for a laugh. Hope this guy gets in some trouble. Political hypocrisy is rampant.

Yeah. Agreed.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You can barely get voters to vote once let alone twice! The real fraud comes from tallying the results. Whoever counts the votes decides the election. Before 2000 if the election results did not match pre-election polling it was a huge scandal. Now it happens so much people just don't care. Everyone now seems to think all the polls are wrong.

Also, what I find interesting is whatever party controls a state legislation, that state will go to that party's candidate in the general election. Just an amazing coincidence I guess.

Great Katherine Harris quotes:

"God is the one who chooses our rulers"

"I am a bit biased. I co-chair the campaign effort of George W. Bush."

"I believe that George Bush won the election through the vote of the people and the way our republic is set up. All we did was follow the law in the Department of State."

Whoever tallies the vote decides the election.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

John B Wells interviewed someone who ran in Texas and found that the main computers where the counting took place is where the big fraud happens and is kept quiet from being investigated by the higher up's www.youtube.com... She also started a movement to take the state to court for not releasing the info they are supposed to by law www.pressleyforaustin.com...

Here is a BusinessWire press release and one page executive summary of Pressley's election contest and appeal . Pressley filed an election contest and lawsuit because of numerous irregularities, discrepancies, and computer corruption errors that were found in her Austin District 4 City Council race that was held on December 16, 2014. Specifically, the most serious election issues are related to Pressley's evidence of electronic voting corruption errors and that statutorily required election records (Ballot Images and Election Results Backup Tapes) are missing. Cast Vote Records produced at her recount do not meet the statutory standards for legal Texas ballots. Other material election irregularities occurred that call into question the true outcome of the election are noted below. Pressley filed an appeal June 15, 2015. Here is a link to an video interview with Infowars and a PowerPoint with evidence presented in the lawsuit:
www.pressleyforaustin.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
He should have used the old Democrat saying that 'Voter fraud is virtually nonexistent'.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Good, he got what he deserved.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

But it wouldn't have been as funny then. He would be just one case of voter fraud and wouldn't look 100% hypocritical because 1 case still aligns with the saying that voter fraud is virtually non-existent. After all "one is the loneliest number".

top topics

join