It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Security incident near houses of parliament in the UK

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

'A police officer been stabbed and an alleged assailant shot by armed police outside the Houses of Parliament.

One man shot outside Houses of Parliament
House of Commons session suspended
Metropolitan police are investigating'

Security incident near houses of parliament in the UK

Shots reportedly fired, just happening now, will post more to this topic once I find out what's going on.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AzielAlso and at the same time a 4x4 car ran over pedestrians on Westminster bridge maybe 5 people ran over then 4x4 sped off according to metro news

metro.co.uk...
edit on 3/22/2017 by astra001uk because: added link

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Aziel

Looks like there was a car moved down people, 12 injured

www.dailymail.co.uk...
edit on 22-3-2017 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

We got some more stuff over here too. I think its recently imported radical terrorism, I bet on it.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Here are some video's about current situation , in dutch , but still can look at the vids.

nos.nl...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
religion of peace?

i wonder

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Have they reported him yelling Allahu Akbar yet or are they not releasing that at the moment?
edit on 22-3-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Sad news , thoughts to the people involved on Westminster bridge.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This is a translation from NOS , eyewitness statement :

An eyewitness saw a police officer was attacked by a man with a knife. The agent would have fallen to the ground. Then there would be help there and quickly followed shots. All of this is played out near Westminster. it happened in a part of the site that normally should not be public.
Another eyewitness told Sky News how he saw a car drove to the gate of parliament. On the sidewalk was an injured pedestrian. "The driver sprinted from the car and fled. Then there sounded four hard shots and all hell broke loose."

nos.nl...

edit on 22-3-2017 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I'm at Trafalger square.. heard that a car/4x4 has mowed down numerous people on Westminster bridge, a police officer has been stabbed and shots fired.. No more info at the moment

F#cking crazy at the moment, police everywhere

RA
edit on 22-3-2017 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
B.stards! Time to round em all up and ship em out because we dont know who is who but we do know that there's a lot of sympathizers that hide them!

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
So sad this happens all the time. What do these people want?

My thoughts are with the innocent victims I hope they all recover.

Be safe.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

We all know who is likely responsible, however, there is a funeral for a former IRA commander today. Might be related to that, though these weren't the normal IRA tactics.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite
B.stards! Time to round em all up and ship em out because we dont know who is who but we do know that there's a lot of sympathizers that hide them!

Hate breeds hate.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

BBC is offering live coverage of what's happening

BBC

It's been a while since we've had a terror attack but long overdue, unfortunately it seems that terrorists have found an effective way of creating terror with driving vehicles into people, it's not something you can really prevent or monitor until it happens

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

On NPR here in the states they are saying it is a "confirmed Terror attack"

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Unsophisticated, badly planned, badly executed: Seems like genuine organic radical nutjob terrorism so far IMO.

When it's massive devastating events with large numbers of casualties I get a lot more suspicious.

The commute home isn't going to be much fun tonight.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

If it's related to that which I doubt it word not mean it was the ira that did it. Why would they do anything of the sort during or on the day of Martin's funeral

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I really don't think it is related to the IRA either. Just thought it was a coincidence and therefore something to keep in mind prior to jumping to conclusions is all. Not really sure if I could ever answer your last question as I don't believe there's ever a good reason for a terrorist attack.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: TinySickTears

I really don't think it is related to the IRA either. Just thought it was a coincidence and therefore something to keep in mind prior to jumping to conclusions is all. Not really sure if I could ever answer your last question as I don't believe there's ever a good reason for a terrorist attack.

I never said there are good reasons. My point was I don't see them doing anything during a funeral of one of their own. Is the ira still blowing # up?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join