It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

shots fired outside london parliament

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: pavil

Half of ATS is in similar denial about Wahabbi Islam.

Tell me about it...... when I argue with Left leaning people about how evil the House of Saud and Wahabism is, they act shocked that I would say such a thing. It's insane.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Otley

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: EngineerGuY

Ahhhhhh the Religion of peace strikes again. I love how they described him as "Asian Looking". The photo of him at the scene left little doubt of him Being Muslim with that horrible haircut. It must hurt to have your media in such denial all the time.

Born in Jamaica

Is Islam a Nationality? I stand by my comments

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I bet this was another one of those white christians

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes we had an exercise, but it was a specific theme of an incident on a pleasure cruise boat. Basically, it was a Speed 2 exercise.

One witness to this current incident is quoted as saying it took 5-10 minutes before the police arrived. Compare that to say, Boston marathon where paramedics were on the scene in minutes (granted, they were stationed just outside of it). London response times that need to use the roads are always going to be a little bit slow. But, you'd think maybe, if there was a Speed 2 boat exercise very very recently, there may have been a quicker response from the water. I'm not judging or berating it either way, just pointing it out. Things happen quickly and I have no doubt the response was as immediate as it could've been.

How the attacker managed to ram a car into the railings, exit vehicle, proceed on foot a good distance and approach a police officer is probably going to be scrutinized. Maybe they saw the car crash and headed toward it assuming it was an innocent crash. It suggests something like that and perhaps also that there wasn't a very strong police presence in the area, if you couple witness statements of a 10 minute response time and the proceeding events after he exited the vehicle only being reacted on by what sounds like a couple of bobbies on the beat. In UK we are lucky that the police will generally attempt to assess a situation first and intervene if appropriate, especially in that very first moment when something is unfolding. As others have said, unfortunately that element can also lead to tragedy at close range as it has here.
edit on 22-3-2017 by markymint because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I wonder how much longer Europe and America must tolerate Saudi Arabia's outright and open radicalisation of our Muslim populations which itself leads to terrorist attacks, of which we have seen countless over the past few years.

This will end when the House of Saud is deposed, their mosques closed down, their imams arrested and they no longer have access to unlimited oil wealth.

Probably a good idea to stop overthrowing the secular leaders in the middle east as well. Since that just creates additional extremist breeding grounds and more states sympathetic or in outright support of Wahhabism.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is just terrible really. Absolutely sickening.

RIP to those lost.

A speedy recovery to those injured, I pray.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm hearing that a 4chan post from about 24 hours ago laid out coordinates for a Westminster attack.

If any of you sleuths want to dig into that please do.

Edit: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-3-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: Added new thread. Semi related.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Have a look on Twitter. Some people won't like it though as the guy is part of Bellingcat.

twitter.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Ahhhhhh the Religion of peace strikes again. I love how they described him as "Asian Looking". The photo of him at the scene left little doubt of him Being Muslim with that horrible haircut. It must hurt to have your media in such denial all the time.

Born in Jamaica

Is Islam a Nationality? I stand by my comments
you do that, excuse me if I don't **** myself each time I see anyone of any coloured skin who has a shaved head.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Born in Jamaica

called it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

CX

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Attacker widely being reported as Abu Izadeen. There will be a lot of questions if true.....this piece of work has be spouting his hate over here for quite a while.

Then again, quite surprised as it's people like him who like do do the radicalizing, not actualy getting their hands dirty.

CX.

edit on 22/3/17 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

The supposed 4chan post:

as mentioned in a reply there minutes later (providing this isn't fake news!) "big ben" is the answer.

The gun photo is probably something taken from google images (some are citing it as a 2010 photo). It's not unusual, facebook fever - attach a photo, any will do, for more likes, er, shock value, etc...

The morse code gives the url http pastebin [dot] com/zluxdmza

The binary code at that URL on the next page gives the co-ordinates 51.500947, -0.124530

which is the location. So some of it checks out. Question is the verification of the post date (yesterday at nearly 11am).

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CX
Attacker widely being reported as Abu Izadeen. There will be a lot of questions if true.....this piece of work has be spouting his hate over here for quite a while.

Then again, quite surprised as it's people like him who like do do the radicalizing, not actualy getting their hands dirty.

CX.

There are conflicting reports that Trevor Brooks aka Abu Izzadeen is still in prison, so it is not possible it is him.
Wikipedia is not the most reliable of information. Can anyone confirm?

CX

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TwistedPsycho

Just checked.....you could be right....seems very hard to find the updated info on his prison time recently. Jailed again in 2015 for failing to notify the police of a change of address. No idea how long though.

CX.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Live feed from the Bbc
Ongoing coverage from the Guardian

Simple update

Trevor Brooks, drove a car into people on Westminster bridge, then armed with two knives, sprinted towards parliament wherupon, he attacked a police officer and was then shot by another police officer (hence the gunshots heard in the house)

Both Brooks and the police officer confirmed as dead, along with two others.
20 people injured, some with traumatic injuries.

Another pretty grim day for innocent people going about their business.

CX

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Damiel

Is that your own update, or a press update from somewhere?

CX.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Damiel
Live feed from the Bbc
Ongoing coverage from the Guardian

Simple update

Trevor Brooks, drove a car into people on Westminster bridge, then armed with two knives, sprinted towards parliament wherupon, he attacked a police officer and was then shot by another police officer (hence the gunshots heard in the house)

Both Brooks and the police officer confirmed as dead, along with two others.
20 people injured, some with traumatic injuries.

Another pretty grim day for innocent people going about their business.

Nice to see the Guardian and the BBC being upfront about their inability to call a spade a bloody spade.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Channel 4 news reckon they spoke to the alleged guy's brother who said he's still in prison.
The plot thickens.

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Well it shouldn't be too difficult to confirm that..surprising that he was ID'd prior to checking if that was the case

posted on Mar, 22 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

What if it is the guy and he was released from prison without his family being told?
This being ATS and all, I struggle to imagine why the guy's brother would phone Channel 4 news otherwise.
The statement about the phone call is the closing words of Jon Snow the presenter.
It will be on Channel4+1 in about 40 minutes if anyone is recording.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join