It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandela Effect???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krahzeef_Ukhar

I didn't post that video as 'scientific proof' for the Mandela Effect.
I don't believe we can get ANY 'scientific proof' for the Mandela Effect.
Why would people search for the death date of a random person, online...?

posted on Mar, 27 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryscent

I never claimed that you did.
I'm actually impressed with the angle the guy in the vid took, and I thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Why would people search the death rate of a random person online?
They wouldn't, which is why the first searches were from the same place.

Maybe Joe Mandela died and his school buddies in SA wanted to find out when it happened.

I think that's a far better explanation then magic.
Nowhere near as fun to think about however.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   
New ones still crop up if you keep looking. Just heard about Zoidberg never saying, "Why not Zoidberg?". Interesting times, and I don't think anything is slowing down tbh.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The M.E. community is alive and well, just not on ATS.
It's sad because that is what made this place so good, you could talk freely about out there subjects and Skunk Works used to be a safe zone for these type of discussions, but sadly no longer.
Everyone just wants to feed into the Left Right politics and any esoteric subjects are now just flame wars.

The ATS in this reality sucks.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: fromtheskydown

People are talking about it elsewhere.
I was just stunned to learn jim Nabors (gollley!)is alive I remember when he died we went over nostalgic shows and how we felt about the old days. Many others have still be either changing or coming to our attention.
A favorite because every single person i know agrees about the missing monocle

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Genius Max Loughan Explains the Mandela Effect

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Hey SeaWorthy - I was gonna post the genius kid vid, but figured someone would say "that kid's a stupid genius for saying the Mandela Effect is real, so he's not a real genius".. So I didn't bother lol.

Glad you did, it's pretty significant.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I think some are just "done" with it. There is only so far to go in such a discussion and at some point it really just turns into a conglomerated list of effects.

There are only so many stories to tell in this arena of things and actual exploration into such topics are more likely to be derailed than progress. For instance, if the Mandela Effect is actually occurring beyond faulty memory, the mechanisms involved would be far enough removed from common knowledge that we would have to explore numerous tangential, "mystery" topics before we could really touch on it.

Some probably disliked the hostility involved as well, but the truth is that is involved in nearly any topic. Some are completely incapable of living in a world where they can not explain absolutely everything within their paradigm. That is balanced out by those who refuse to consider anything within any commonly accepted paradigm. Both can be pretty unreasonable and alienate anyone who isn't residing in the extremes. With "woo" topics (for lack of a better word) it will tend to manifest in one way, while another arena, like politics, will display in another.

They really aren't much different, but something like politics will constantly give more fuel and fodder while one like the Mandela Effect kind of runs out of energy at a certain point.

Its a "dance" of sorts that goes on in pretty much any discussion on the net. It also tends to be easy to single ATS out as being a haven for the opposing side, but really, that might be more of an indicator for how much impact the opposing perspective has on the individual as well as how deeply they conflate their perspective with some universal "reality."

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pearj
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Hey SeaWorthy - I was gonna post the genius kid vid, but figured someone would say "that kid's a stupid genius for saying the Mandela Effect is real, so he's not a real genius".. So I didn't bother lol.

Glad you did, it's pretty significant.

well he IS a kid but he has the credentials

Max Loughan is an American theoretical physicist, speaker and occasional media personality who created a energy conversion device from items found around his family’s home in Incline Village Nevada.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I just realized the band Avenge Sevenfold is now called Avenged sevenfold... Apparently always has been. Except I distinctly remember it being named Avenge Sevenfold.

W
T
F

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: PokeyJoe

Welcome to the party..

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam

Some are completely incapable of living in a world where they can not explain absolutely everything within their paradigm.

I loved this line. So true, and so frustrating sometimes. Have a good day

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join